[Q] How to make LTE/4G stick!? - SOLVED

Search This thread

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh
Hey!

I have the international D802 version and the "settings / tethering & networks / mobile networks / network mode" only shows 3 options, GSM/WCDMA; CDMA only; GSM only.

When I go into dialing *#*#4636#*#* or if I go into dialing 3845#*802# etc...to choose LTE/GSM/WCDMA! I can choose this mode and it works UNTIL I reboot, then it goes back to GSM/WCDMA!

Is there is anyway to make the LTE/GSM/WCDMA mode stick?!

Thanks!

EDIT: SOLVED

In build.prop change ro.telephony.default_network=9 from 9 to 11!
I got LTE settings in mobile networks menu. And it sticks after a reboot!

Thanks to @ejerez for the info in Here!

Last edited:

derek_09

Nov 22, 2007
Singapore
Hey!

I have the international D802 version and the "settings / tethering & networks / mobile networks / network mode" only shows 3 options, GSM/WCDMA; CDMA only; GSM only.

When I go into dialing *#*#4636#*#* or if I go into dialing 3845#*802# etc...to choose LTE/GSM/WCDMA! I can choose this mode and it works UNTIL I reboot, then it goes back to GSM/WCDMA!

Thanks!

Hi,
Thanks for the solution but I just need to check for the build.prop file, there are 2 similar lines as follows:

ro.telephony.default_network=9
& the other is:
#ro.telephony.default_network=9

Which do I change or do I change both? And do I need to change the permissions after changing it?

Thanks for your advice.

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh
Hi,
Thanks for the solution but I just need to check for the build.prop file, there are 2 similar lines as follows:

ro.telephony.default_network=9
& the other is:
#ro.telephony.default_network=9

Which do I change or do I change both? And do I need to change the permissions after changing it?

Thanks for your advice.

Man let me clarify that this solution worked for me on some ROMs and didn't work on other ROMs!

Both are the same, the # symbol in front of the expression makes it a comment and the program will disregard it!
So you can change only the first one, or to be safe you can change both. Nothing to lose!

Good luck!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey!

Thanks!