[Game][2.2+] SellWords: Buy letters, make words, sell words!

Search This thread

junkdr

Feb 16, 2011
The design is good, it's nice and simple. I like the concept too, it's quite different.

I would recommend adding instructions on how to use the wilds though, I had no idea they were even there until I read this thread and the W in the corner doesn't make it clear either. Also, what dictionary does it use? I tried to play "zoological" but it said it's an invalid word!

I think you are right about the Wilds. I will try to squeeze it in somehow in the next iteration.

in regards to the dictionary, I am using Kevin's wordlist. Its the only free/open wordlist with all the stems and free... so you get what you pay for. "because" also doesnt work... Ill be updating as people tell me words that are unrecognized at each iteration.

Thanks for your feedback and playing my little game!

mrescape

Apr 12, 2014
Tips:
1. Try to only buy what you can use
2. Generally you will earn a profit if you create longer words than the letters you have bought

Thanks for the tips! My score has improved drastically. Also, for other who are struggling to get a higher score, the summation of the above tips is "learn when to pass." Im rising in the leaderboards! Thanks again for a great game!

junkdr

Feb 16, 2011
Thanks for the tips! My score has improved drastically. Also, for other who are struggling to get a higher score, the summation of the above tips is "learn when to pass." Im rising in the leaderboards! Thanks again for a great game!

That is a good summary of tips, maybe put that in the tips section... would you like credit for your copy?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, Student Indie Dev here with my first word game. Sellwords has somehow managed to get to Top 20 "New and Free" in the word games category. If you like games like scrabble or boggle, you will love sellwords. I worked very hard on it! Please give it a try! Feedback also appreciated. Thanks!

ay8QiSt.png
    0s3WZkD.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andersontao.sellwords
    Interesting concept. I think that the concept of "wilds" and how to use them needs to be explained better in the instructions though. It might also be useful to give some idea of how the scoring works so that players can plan strategy etc.