Serious bug: auto reboot using camera

Search This thread

sleepyManX1

Apr 15, 2010
Hi guys!

I'm experiencing a serious problem with my X10: Using the stock camera app causes (50% and more of times) a reboot of the device:eek::eek:

I'm still stuck with the R1FA016 firmware (Spanish, Movistar) and i thougt this could be the problem since nobody seems to have a so bad experience:mad::mad:

Today i tried the Vignette app on the market and the bug is still there... what could be the problem?

Thank you.

Last edited:

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hi guys!

I'm experiencing a serious problem with my X10: Using the stock camera app causes (50% and more of times) a reboot of the device:eek::eek:

I'm still stuck the R1FA016 firmware (Spanish, Movistar) and i thougt this could be the problem since nobody seems to have a so bad experience:mad::mad:

Today i tried the Vignette app on the market and the bug is still there... what could be the problem?

Thank you.

I know it is painful, but have you tried formatting the device (restore factory settings)? :(

sleepyManX1

Apr 15, 2010
No i'm not killing camera app... (anyway, atk is set to kill apps every half hour)

I just formatted the phone and the bug seems to be still here... rebooting occours even if, in Mediascape i try to view taked photos!!!

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
No i'm not killing camera app... (anyway, atk is set to kill apps every half hour)

I just formatted the phone and the bug seems to be still here... rebooting occours even if, in Mediascape i try to view taked photos!!!

Then, try one more thing: uninstall ATK, reboot the phone and let it handle the RAM as it is supposed to.
Perhaps ATK is the culprit! I know it caused me a great deal of problems in the past, until I finally realised that task managers do more harm than good on android operating systems. ;)

sleepyManX1

Apr 15, 2010
I also tried to insert photo app and some services (such as facerecognition) in atk ingore list... the bug is still here

So i'm trying this way: disable atk from autostart...

Zenghelis

May 25, 2010
La Coruña
Then, try one more thing: uninstall ATK, reboot the phone and let it handle the RAM as it is supposed to.
Perhaps ATK is the culprit! I know it caused me a great deal of problems in the past, until I finally realised that task managers do more harm than good on android operating systems. ;)

I've tried a lot of task killers/managers and at the end something started not to work properly. Since i don't use them everything is always ok! I recommend not to use them!!

sleepyManX1

Apr 15, 2010
Hi guys!

Any suggestion about this issue?

(I restored factory settings again and did not install any task manager/killer... still the bug is here :( )

sleepyManX1

Apr 15, 2010
Yes... seems to be the only way... and i think i will flash the phone with a generic italian firmware... maybe the problem is in the movistar brand...

I just need a windows pc... (i've a ppc ibook... so no virtualization possible!) :(

etismyname

Jan 27, 2009
Yes... seems to be the only way... and i think i will flash the phone with a generic italian firmware... maybe the problem is in the movistar brand...

I just need a windows pc... (i've a ppc ibook... so no virtualization possible!) :(
I also have this problem with my desire, apparently after a search in XDA, problem exists in Nexus one (which is like HTC desire anyway) and HTC G1, G2.

seems no solution yet, I flashed my phone and installed the latest radio and a custom rom, still no solution.

hope someone can fix it

Shonan_

Jul 28, 2010
Bridgwater
sleepyman x1 i too am on the same firmware as u and get the exact same problem im on three network uk, iv tried everything and nothing seems to solve it,,,, the only thing iv found that helps the camera bot up next time is when finished using the camera is to press the back button to exit camera mode and not to use the home button,

hope this is some help to you,

any updates of this would be great, the update doesnt seem to be there for my reigon yet, ( According to SE anyway ) they pretty much told me to sit tight and wait for he 2.1 in the last 4 mths of this yr

sleepyManX1

Apr 15, 2010
sleepyman x1 i too am on the same firmware as u and get the exact same problem im on three network uk, iv tried everything and nothing seems to solve it,,,, the only thing iv found that helps the camera bot up next time is when finished using the camera is to press the back button to exit camera mode and not to use the home button,

hope this is some help to you,

any updates of this would be great, the update doesnt seem to be there for my reigon yet, ( According to SE anyway ) they pretty much told me to sit tight and wait for he 2.1 in the last 4 mths of this yr

I'll try this... but i'm really going to flash my x10 with a generic or an italian firmaware.

Thank you.

PS. Just today forced SEUS to reinstall my original firmware and the bug is still here... in the next days i'll try with an X10i_Generic_Italian (X10i_Custom_IT_Release_R2BA026)...

Jul 8, 2010
I also have "reboot" problem, but my phone reboots random - sometimes when I use Google Maps, sometimes when finish phone call, even sometimes when the phone is idle. I tried factory reset several times, updated to latest firmware (currently R2BA026) but no luck.

These days I will go to my local SE support center, I have no choice ... :(