DC dimming

Search This thread

Tdeljr

Oct 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Greetings all
I want to know if dc dimming actually helps.
I have problems with oled screens giving me massive headaches. Please if you dont have issues or dont believe that pwm effects people Dont Comment.
I am not new to using phones at all, but as Ive gotten older my eyes have gotten more sensitive and technology has gotten so much better, Ive been very limited in my choices when it comes to new phones. I had the 1plus6t and absolutely Loved it, unfortunately it was the worst for me as far as causing blazing headaches and actually feeling sick. I am very interested in this phone so if you have experience with pwm and with dc dimming, let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: The Great Dane

Semmy7

Sep 28, 2008
Kiev
Greetings all

I am sensitive to screen flicker too. I couldn't use amoled screens before oneplus 7.
Dc dimming definitely works and it helps (at least for me). It doesn't eliminate PWM flicker completely but makes it much more tolerable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tdeljr

Ast0

Sep 9, 2015
It doesn't give me headaches, but the OnePlus 7 screen hurts my eyes like crazy. DC dimming doesn't help.

However it does appear to show less flickers when taken with my camera. It still shows a lot of flicker at the lowest brightness settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings all
    I have problems with oled screens giving me massive headaches. Please if you dont have issues or dont believe that pwm effects people Dont Comment.
    I am not new to using phones at all, but as Ive gotten older my eyes have gotten more sensitive and technology has gotten so much better, Ive been very limited in my choices when it comes to new phones. I had the 1plus6t and absolutely Loved it, unfortunately it was the worst for me as far as causing blazing headaches and actually feeling sick. I am very interested in this phone so if you have experience with pwm and with dc dimming, let me know. Thanks!
    Greetings all

I am sensitive to screen flicker too. I couldn't use amoled screens before oneplus 7.
    Dc dimming definitely works and it helps (at least for me). It doesn't eliminate PWM flicker completely but makes it much more tolerable.