Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
adh4GrmQ

Turbo UI is a hybrid MIUI/AOSP ROM modified to my own preference, perhaps you will like it too. The ROM is in ongoing development by myself and while out of beta, may have minor issues here and there. If you have any bug reports or suggestions at all, please let me know! Thanks :)

Features

• Based on Jellyzeus and official MIUI 2.10.26 for the Galaxy Nexus
  • Louder Jellybean Mod included (with xLOUD working)
  • Most UI redesigned to be blue-on-black instead of orange-on-white (*not* a theme, direct framework edits)
  • Hold volume to skip music tracks (thanks to CyanogenMod)
  • SoMa (Xperia) font
  • Latest Touchpad Fix (thanks to farenheith)
  • Zeam Launcher (replaces MIUI Home)
  • Stock AOSP Browser (replaces MIUI Browser which is incompatible due to lack of QCOM Tile Rendering support)
  • Disabled scrolling cache
  • 4-way reboot
  • Control Panel (MIUIAustralia.com), several MIUI icons moved from Launcher to Personal tab
  • System package signature comparison disabled
  • Service writing LMK values disabled (allows my optimizations to work)
  • Google Apps included, DeskClock from 4.2
  • My usual tested optimizations and enhancements I do but may forget to list
  • Maybe other things that I can't remember

Status

Green: Complete
Brown: Has issues or untested
Red: Broken or not finished yet
Not listed: Untested

• Calls, texts, 3G for GSM (have not done heavy testing, needs more)
  • Multiboot-aware
  • All sensors (including proximity)
  • CDMA addon (beta, needs logcats if any problems)
  • Camera (Legacy) (Thanks to Wedgess and FXP) (No Panorama)
  • Browser and Web rendering (One small issue, see next section)
  • Sound with with decent stock-like headphone volume
  • xLOUD enabled (uses ICS Audio blobs from stock/prebuilt)
  • Google Apps included
  • Wifi
  • GPS / Location services
  • Bluetooth
  • Touchpads (Lag reduced but not eliminated)
  • Native Wifi Tether
  • Google Now Voice Search/Recognition
  • ?

Bugs/Issues

• Some parts of the UI may still have theme issues, please report them if not listed:
    - Theme Manager app (only minor that I could not find styles or smali for)
    - Messaging (SMS/MMS) app (to do)

Screenshots

Download/Instructions

It is recommended to use Turbo JB Kernel since this is what I always run (and tested on), but you are free to use any other new JB kernel at your own risk. Install the ROM the usual way via ClockworkMod Recovery.

ROM is installed as normal.

Download Turbo UI r4 @ Mediafire

Download CDMA Patch r3 @ Mediafire (Same as Jellyzeus - install after main ROM)

IMPORTANT! After install, go into Settings > Sound and adjust all your volume. They are set to 0 by default (even though it says it isn't). So just change all the bars to anything to get it to work properly (unknown cause).

Changelog

Code:
r4
--

- Major framework rework (too much to mention, many bugs fixed)
 - Returned MIUI Mms.apk (works better)
 - Hack to force FDN return as always disabled (to get Call Waiting/Caller ID options)
 - Fixed Camera (Pictures and Videos)

r3
--

- Fixed Camera pictures and recording (requires Turbo JB Kernel r8)
 - New - ported Nexus LOUDER Mod (check out the new DSP options, wow!)
 - Replaced File Explorer with improved/expanded mod by apoonet and dark-themed by Viper The Ripper
 - Fixed Torch being stuck on
 - Various UI color updates - many system submenu's are now white again to avoid problems in future.

r2
--

- Major reboot, switched base to Jellyzeus (Preview -> Beta)
 - Multiboot-aware
 - Replaced Xperia Launcher with Zeam Launcher (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=664149)
 - Replaced MIUI Messaging app with jase33's themed MMS + Emoji + Quickreply APK (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1745830)
 - Replaced Chrome with Jellyzeus/SlimBean Browser and Webcore (thanks cj360)
 - Native ICS audio blobs with 100% xLOUD support
 - Removed Music Controls from Lockscreen (bug with ICS audio blobs)
 - Changed signal bar graphic (FlymeOS with small modifications)
 - Added MIUI Backup app
 - Theme Fix - Settings > Apps (text color)
 - Basic VM/kernel parameter tuning
 - Updated Google Now
 - Probably more that I can't remember (since preview)

r0/r1
--

- Initial release. It does stuff.

Credits/Thanks

• cj360 and SlimBean - for porting and developing (respectively) this great AOSP-based ROM which I borrowed some code from
  • CyanogenMod, FreeXperia, paxChristos and supervenom -
  • My fellow team mates at MIUIAustralia.com - Lenny_kano, fusionjack and dekky - and all contributors/bugreporters
  • wedgess, cj360, farenheith, b00bu9 and maybe some others I forgot (sorry) for the good chats and team work we have done :)
  • Lens_flare for the chats and original MIUI port guide that helped in my early kang days
  • Everyone else mentioned in "Features" section

Last edited:

minipot

Dec 20, 2011
bradford
Cool have you tested how smooth gameplay is on it? I know its not going to be like on gb but still just wondering.

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

wmaster4g

Feb 20, 2012
Saint-Petersburg
MOD EDIT: Posting Paid Apps / Cracks is Against the Rules.
But the black theme is not pretty (fonts merge with the background)
Thank You for this great rom!

Last edited by a moderator:

IckyXperia

Sep 27, 2012
South Borneo
In neol landscape only I cant to set my auto rotate set to normal :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Last edited:

game_guy

Jun 24, 2012
Another awesome ROM from CosmicDan. Does it support CDMA by default? If not, oh well. I'll probably still play around with it. I'm really digging the blue on black.

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
MOD EDIT: Posting Paid Apps / Cracks is Against the Rules.
But the black theme is not pretty (fonts merge with the background)
Thank You for this great rom!

Everyone
should report this guy for posting warez. And its not a theme, I've changed framework. Follow my instructions and tell me *where* there are font issues.

Another awesome ROM from CosmicDan. Does it support CDMA by default? If not, oh well. I'll probably still play around with it. I'm really digging the blue on black.

Not yet, later.

Sent from Xperia Play (R800a) with Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

igor_anta

May 22, 2010
Skopje
I'm pretty sure this was covered on one of the 100 pages of the CM10 thread, but I couldn't find it. Will we ever have Project Butter butter on any of the JB roms?

If I'm not mistaken that is pretty demanding so the Play might not be able to support it, or am I talking out of my ass? :)

Keep up the good work, cheers!

sewer56lol

Best theme I ever seen :D

Anyway you mentioned potential colour problems earlier.
Settings > Apps is one of them

Edit : To speed this ROM up a bit.
Developer Options > Force 2d GPU Rendering

Also
Vmheapsizelimit = 40m in build prop

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I'm pretty sure this was covered on one of the 100 pages of the CM10 thread, but I couldn't find it. Will we ever have Project Butter butter on any of the JB roms?

If I'm not mistaken that is pretty demanding so the Play might not be able to support it, or am I talking out of my ass? :)

Keep up the good work, cheers!

Probably not, the kernel is too old and the RAM requirement for triple buffering might not be worth it anyway. With that said, the intellidemand governor in Turbo kernel has dbus_input ramping which is
ported from project butter governor.

With that said, this and mist other JB ROMS have a much faster UI and use less RAM than any ICS ROM. Apps load and transition super fast.

Best theme I ever seen :D

Anyway you mentioned potential colour problems earlier.
Settings > Apps is one of them

Yeah thanks, also Account Sync. Will have them resolved easily.

GPU rendering is already forced in egl.cfg. Capping dalvik will break some games.

Rox598

Sep 7, 2011
Northern Ireland
Hey Dan!

great to see more work from you but I have a problem

seems I can't get any signal at all on my phone :S did a manual APN settings just in case but no signal at all. (EDIT couple of reboots and it's suddenly came back! weird but working lol)

And selecting launcher settings from the settings menu force closes the settings

Last edited:

sewer56lol

Probably not, the kernel is too old and the RAM requirement for triple buffering might not be worth it anyway. With that said, the intellidemand governor in Turbo kernel has dbus_input ramping which is
ported from project butter governor.

With that said, this and mist other JB ROMS have a much faster UI and use less RAM than any ICS ROM. Apps load and transition super fast.

Yeah thanks, also Account Sync. Will have them resolved easily.

GPU rendering is already forced in egl.cfg. Capping dalvik will break some games.

Interesting so changing dalvik can break games on ICS And JB?

BUT NOT GINGERBREAD?

Strange, I swear I never ran across an issue on 40m Heap size (instead of 48m) but that is Gingerbread O am speaking of though.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Also Install the ADW Launcher.
Or use the ICS Xperia Launcher because the Xperia Gingerbread Launcher is quite slow.

ADW is badass quick on ICS and JB

solomon4400

Apr 16, 2012
CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)
Dan you took your freaking time with this one! Alpha my a$$! Love it not one issue that ain't jb related. Think my play is gonna be held hostage by TurboUI I just wanna say thanks Dan you the only reason I even got into miui.

sewer56lol

Dan you took your freaking time with this one! Alpha my a$$! Love it not one issue that ain't jb related. Think my play is gonna be held hostage by TurboUI I just wanna say thanks Dan you the only reason I even got into miui.

ONLY VIDEO RECORDING but truly it is issueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    adh4GrmQ

Turbo UI is a hybrid MIUI/AOSP ROM modified to my own preference, perhaps you will like it too. The ROM is in ongoing development by myself and while out of beta, may have minor issues here and there. If you have any bug reports or suggestions at all, please let me know! Thanks :)

Features

• Based on Jellyzeus and official MIUI 2.10.26 for the Galaxy Nexus
    • Louder Jellybean Mod included (with xLOUD working)
    • Most UI redesigned to be blue-on-black instead of orange-on-white (*not* a theme, direct framework edits)
    • Hold volume to skip music tracks (thanks to CyanogenMod)
    • SoMa (Xperia) font
    • Latest Touchpad Fix (thanks to farenheith)
    • Zeam Launcher (replaces MIUI Home)
    • Stock AOSP Browser (replaces MIUI Browser which is incompatible due to lack of QCOM Tile Rendering support)
    • Disabled scrolling cache
    • 4-way reboot
    • Control Panel (MIUIAustralia.com), several MIUI icons moved from Launcher to Personal tab
    • System package signature comparison disabled
    • Service writing LMK values disabled (allows my optimizations to work)
    • Google Apps included, DeskClock from 4.2
    • My usual tested optimizations and enhancements I do but may forget to list
    • Maybe other things that I can't remember

Status

Green: Complete
    Brown: Has issues or untested
    Red: Broken or not finished yet
    Not listed: Untested

• Calls, texts, 3G for GSM (have not done heavy testing, needs more)
    • Multiboot-aware
    • All sensors (including proximity)
    • CDMA addon (beta, needs logcats if any problems)
    • Camera (Legacy) (Thanks to Wedgess and FXP) (No Panorama)
    • Browser and Web rendering (One small issue, see next section)
    • Sound with with decent stock-like headphone volume
    • xLOUD enabled (uses ICS Audio blobs from stock/prebuilt)
    • Google Apps included
    • Wifi
    • GPS / Location services
    • Bluetooth
    • Touchpads (Lag reduced but not eliminated)
    • Native Wifi Tether
    • Google Now Voice Search/Recognition
    • ?

Bugs/Issues

• Some parts of the UI may still have theme issues, please report them if not listed:
      - Theme Manager app (only minor that I could not find styles or smali for)
      - Messaging (SMS/MMS) app (to do)

Screenshots

Download/Instructions

It is recommended to use Turbo JB Kernel since this is what I always run (and tested on), but you are free to use any other new JB kernel at your own risk. Install the ROM the usual way via ClockworkMod Recovery.

ROM is installed as normal.

Download Turbo UI r4 @ Mediafire

Download CDMA Patch r3 @ Mediafire (Same as Jellyzeus - install after main ROM)

IMPORTANT! After install, go into Settings > Sound and adjust all your volume. They are set to 0 by default (even though it says it isn't). So just change all the bars to anything to get it to work properly (unknown cause).

Changelog

Code:
    r4
    --

- Major framework rework (too much to mention, many bugs fixed)
     - Returned MIUI Mms.apk (works better)
     - Hack to force FDN return as always disabled (to get Call Waiting/Caller ID options)
     - Fixed Camera (Pictures and Videos)

r3
    --

- Fixed Camera pictures and recording (requires Turbo JB Kernel r8)
     - New - ported Nexus LOUDER Mod (check out the new DSP options, wow!)
     - Replaced File Explorer with improved/expanded mod by apoonet and dark-themed by Viper The Ripper
     - Fixed Torch being stuck on
     - Various UI color updates - many system submenu's are now white again to avoid problems in future.

r2
    --

- Major reboot, switched base to Jellyzeus (Preview -> Beta)
     - Multiboot-aware
     - Replaced Xperia Launcher with Zeam Launcher (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=664149)
     - Replaced MIUI Messaging app with jase33's themed MMS + Emoji + Quickreply APK (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1745830)
     - Replaced Chrome with Jellyzeus/SlimBean Browser and Webcore (thanks cj360)
     - Native ICS audio blobs with 100% xLOUD support
     - Removed Music Controls from Lockscreen (bug with ICS audio blobs)
     - Changed signal bar graphic (FlymeOS with small modifications)
     - Added MIUI Backup app
     - Theme Fix - Settings > Apps (text color)
     - Basic VM/kernel parameter tuning
     - Updated Google Now
     - Probably more that I can't remember (since preview)

r0/r1
    --

- Initial release. It does stuff.

Credits/Thanks

• cj360 and SlimBean - for porting and developing (respectively) this great AOSP-based ROM which I borrowed some code from
    • CyanogenMod, FreeXperia, paxChristos and supervenom -
    • My fellow team mates at MIUIAustralia.com - Lenny_kano, fusionjack and dekky - and all contributors/bugreporters
    • wedgess, cj360, farenheith, b00bu9 and maybe some others I forgot (sorry) for the good chats and team work we have done :)
    • Lens_flare for the chats and original MIUI port guide that helped in my early kang days
    • Everyone else mentioned in "Features" section
    Small update on Jellyzeus:

I have AOSP 4.1.2 building and working fine, sort of. Framework java code is broken, possible OpenJDK bug. But all libs and bins and other files are fine and make an excellent base for MIUI4.1, MIUI5 and other ROM's that are based on JB AOSP. Audio does not yet work however since I am porting legacy audio over for better volume/xLoud support.

I'm currently trying a few framework fixes to at least get the pure AOSP build to boot and work, and also porting TWRP to Turbo kernel; have a 95% working 2.6.32.60 linux kernel (no ext# support), so yeah. That's my progress from the past few days.
    Quick status update:

Next version is pretty much ready, but I am having trouble with headset volume being too low. It's the only thing I need to fix before uploading, and I've spent all day on it... I still have no idea why MIUI builds have such poor volume for headphones. *smashes keyboard*

Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone has any ideas.
    oooh i see then

btw why you dont to continue to make GB ROM based on official like NXT 1.3 krisdee since he's already stopped to continue his works look's like

i think that might be a good idea for makin fast & stable ROM for gaming :laugh:

hehe just sayin' Dan ;)

I plan to make a Turbo UI Classic based on MIUI3 and official latest firmware (not NXT).

Manage to solve it with some new/extra libs. It doesn't make headphone volume louder per-se (so it's quieter than other ROM') but music volume itself is *much* louder. Also, MIUI Equalizer works. Uses Beats Bass and SRS and stuff as usual.

As long as all last minute testing shows no more critical bugs, first beta will be up in 24-hours.