[ROM][GT-I9100G][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds! [>60FPS][ROCK-SOLID]

Would you run CyanogenMod on your I9100G?

• Yes, can't wait!

Votes: 1,558 94.5%
  • No, there's no need for it.

Votes: 90 5.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

unichem

Dec 24, 2011
then u should buy one..its very cheap..or u can make ur own..guide can be found at youtube

rascal123

Mar 4, 2012
kl
I followed first post to install CWM it went ok, but now I have the Yellow triangle...

what should I do to remove it? I dont have a USB JIG...

u can try follow this step to remove the yellow triangle

Assuming you have already rooted with any rooted kernel
> Run “hcktool”. (downloadable via play store)
> Tap "Dump current kernel" Tap "Reboot to Download Mode"
> When in Download Mode, start Odin, connect the phone and flash any stock Samsung kernel Phone will reboot itself after that.
>Run “ktool” again Tap "Flash kernel from /sdcard/zImage" Tap "Reboot"

Reactions: zbuh

JROppenheimer

Mar 13, 2009
Frankfurt am Main
Kickstarter

Hey y'all.

Yesterday I got a SG S2G. I have a HD2 and totally love flashing it, so I immediately started reading ... and got a little dissapointed when I saw the differences between S2 and S2G (considering the flashing options).

I am very glad to see, that there is someone wanting solve the problem. But as there is so few effort to deveolping for the S2G I had an idea:
I was always a friend of donating. But as people can't see, how mus has been donated, I tought maybe we should start a kickstarter project, as kind of a bounty on developing Custom Roms for the s2g. I think code himself would really appriciate, if he got some thing back (more than a thank you). Now imagine the following. I would donate at least 20 bucks, wich isn't much, but a custom rom is worth MUCH more (think of the possibilities, if there finally is ONE Custom ROM - other ones will pop out of the ground like mushrooms). If, let's say 150 people were willing to donate 20 bucks, we would hit 3000 in no time. Considering China, Middle East, and all the other places where people find them selves with the S2G, I don't think anyone would even have to donate as much as 20 bucks to raise much more!

As my coding qualities are poor, but I am willing to pay gifted dudes for working hard, this would be my way. What do y'all think?

Greetz
JR

Last edited:

JROppenheimer

Mar 13, 2009
Frankfurt am Main
@JR completely agree...which part of the world are you from? Is the G model sold all over the world now?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA

Hey.

I am from Germany. You were able to get the "normal" SGS2 here, but now some carriers don't even sell it anymore. The one mine is coming from does just sell the SGS2 G (why, I don't know). But there are several posts in this topic from china and from the middle east. So I guess it is being sold all over the world, with emphasis on some countries, where you can only get the g-model.

Greetz!

Last edited:

oldpistol

Apr 13, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hey.

I am from Germany. You were able to get the "normal" SGS2 here, but now some carriers don't even sell it anymore. The one mine is coming from does just sell the SGS2 G (why, I don't know). But there are several posts in this topic from china and from the middle east. So I guess it is being sold all over the world, with emphasis on some countries, where you can only get the g-model.

Greetz!

G for Global... :D

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA

zbuh

Mar 3, 2008
u can try follow this step to remove the yellow triangle

Assuming you have already rooted with any rooted kernel
> Run “hcktool”. (downloadable via play store)
> Tap "Dump current kernel" Tap "Reboot to Download Mode"
> When in Download Mode, start Odin, connect the phone and flash any stock Samsung kernel Phone will reboot itself after that.
>Run “ktool” again Tap "Flash kernel from /sdcard/zImage" Tap "Reboot"

Thanks.

Where can I get a Stock Kernel?

fauzi_91

Nov 11, 2011
B.B.Bangi
Guys..please..this thread is for CyanogenMod project..the rest can ask/discuss in other thread or in Q&A section..please show some respect to codeworkx n dont disturb him with the unnecessary comment other than CyanogenMod project..:)

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

cybersindiket

Jan 16, 2012
Penang
hi codework. I am sorry if my question is what makes you feel uncomfortable. I just want certainty about the project CM7. Does this project have been terminated? I have decided to sell my mobile phone if the project is not successful port CM7 to I9100G.

kldoc

May 26, 2010
Come on guys, stop poluting this thread, you want to donate ? Support Codeworkx !
We've been waiting for quite a long time to get a real dev attached to this device, now maybe is a good time to wait, sit down, and eat some pop-corn if you can't dev :)
Some countries had I9100G for quite a long time, here in China, it's been since last summer, and completely discontinued non G around september, either you can wait and you'll might be happy in the future, or you can't and buy another phone :p

fatjivi

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 5T
Dont how well G will do with s3 coming soon..really doubt if this model will have a chance to catch up on sales ..but really happy to c an elite dev working on G

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts