[ROM] MIUIAndroid 2.6.8 TORO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sd0070

Dec 20, 2010
the missed call red LED notification doesnt turn off. I had to restart my phone to get it to go off. happened both times I had a missed call.

by the way, excellent rom so far. thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

maybeiknowstuff

Feb 3, 2010
Chicago
Is the link down? Any minors?

follow me @DroidRC1

Looks like our mirrors are updating for tomorrow's release. (P.S. Guys, we're gonna be doing over the air updates soon :D ) Here's a dropbox link to hold you over.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6923583/miuiandroid_GNEX-TORO-2.5.4.zip
Don't hurt my dropbox. ;)

the missed call red LED notification doesn't turn off. I had to restart my phone to get it to go off. happened both times I had a missed call.

by the way, excellent rom so far. thanks for sharing!

Bummer dude, are you using light flow or anything? I'm trying to recreate the problem with no success. Let me know, thanks!

sd0070

Dec 20, 2010
Bummer dude, are you using light flow or anything? I'm trying to recreate the problem with no success. Let me know, thanks!

I wasnt using lightflow yet but it was installed. I went into settings>display and unchecked pulse notification light, then set up lightflow so I'm sure itll be fine now. just wanted to let you know in case it was happening to other people too. thanks!

maybeiknowstuff

Feb 3, 2010
Chicago
Looking forward to 2.5.11!

Update just went up!

the 3G bug is now "fixed" as per rootzwiki forum user "kl0bk3l0sh" instructions
Many of you should be happy to see that.

And much thanks for him to figuring that out.

Also the updater app will work after this week, be sure to "Check Update Settings" and uncheck "Update to Monthly Build only"

You should be good to go for the coming weeks and you won't have to download from the usual places.

If you see anything broken, you guys know the drill.

zeke1988

Apr 9, 2010
Update just went up!

the 3G bug is now "fixed" as per rootzwiki forum user "kl0bk3l0sh" instructions
Many of you should be happy to see that.

And much thanks for him to figuring that out.

Also the updater app will work after this week, be sure to "Check Update Settings" and uncheck "Update to Monthly Build only"

You should be good to go for the coming weeks and you won't have to download from the usual places.

If you see anything broken, you guys know the drill.

how does the updater works? will the update come from you?

maybeiknowstuff

Feb 3, 2010
Chicago
The idea is that it'll let you know when the new rom has been pushed to the server, the updater will fetch it for you when it asks for permission, and then flash.

You'll have to manually update this week like usual, but after that it should be gravy. I'll be poking around the mms apk later today after lunch.

tyrnight

Jan 4, 2009
Orlando, FL
why is the home screen so sluggish? Ive tested it with quadrant and Im getting 3168 and it runs great everywhere else but the homescreen..

Im on Franco Milestone 3 running conservative 1228/384

MiUi 2.5.11

spydersilk

Oct 6, 2010
I actually had to use a different launcher and the only one that seemed to work with minimal lag was Sslauncher paid version. I tried apex, nova, and the miui launchers and all lagged.
I upped my kernel to 1344 and 724mhz and it is still a tad sluggish, but definitely improved

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

maybeiknowstuff

Feb 3, 2010
Chicago
why is the home screen so sluggish? Ive tested it with quadrant and Im getting 3168 and it runs great everywhere else but the homescreen..

Im on Franco Milestone 3 running conservative 1228/384

MiUi 2.5.11

I actually had to use a different launcher and the only one that seemed to work with minimal lag was Sslauncher paid version. I tried apex, nova, and the miui launchers and all lagged.
I upped my kernel to 1344 and 724mhz and it is still a tad sluggish, but definitely improved

You can alleviate some of the lag by turning on Force GPU Acceleration in Developer Settings, I know that Xiaomi is working pretty extensively on the rendering system. While can still be laggy, it has improved tremendously over the course of the past 3 weeks.

Hope this helps.

spydersilk

Oct 6, 2010
I tried apex again, and so long as I set transition time to almost instant, the lag is mostly gone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I've taken the GSM Galaxy Nexus beta and have ported it over to the CDMA/LTE version on Verizon Wireless for here in the states.

I can actually release this to say that I'm comfortable with it enough to use it as a daily driver. So here we go.

iolUPl.jpg
    rry73l.jpg
    cjVMXl.png
    toBUJl.png

MIUIAndroid 2.6.8 TORO
    [DOWNLOAD MIRROR 1]
    [DOWNLOAD MIRROR 2]
    Code:
    MD5:7F46C4D15C44367CC73B29B5C57F1481

I'm not responsible if you break your phone, or your self esteem.

Make sure you wipe EVERYTHING. Including, Data, Cache, and Dalvik-Cache.
    Fresh Install, let boot and enjoy.

A few important notes, the Download app found in the tools folder prevents you from downloading large apps through the market over the carrier network, simply go into the app settings to disable this if you don't want to connect to a wifi network.

As far as I can tell most everything is working correctly, however if you notice something amiss. Leave a note here.

Known Issues:
    Gallary FC's

Fixed:
    Wi-Fi Tether
    Airplane mode FC's
    GPS

Cheers guys!
    Have to say MIUI is not like it was on my NS. I used Brainmasters ROM and it was great. I try all the GN releases and honestly they suck compared to the older version. Half the ROM is ICS BLUE.... half orange. It is laggy as hell compared to AOKP. I love MIUI but the development is so far behind ASOP builds.

The only time I notice ICS blue is on the keyboard. Your OCD is apparently much worse than mine. Lag can be eliminated with a few simple tweaks discussed in previous posts. I am not sure what "development so far behind ASOP builds" refers to. ROM control panel? Weather in the status bar? CM9 music player? Not everyone wants/needs all of the stuff found in aokp or CM9. In fact, everyone using MIUI is probably looking for something *different* than AOSP builds.

For the fifth time I have given it a shot only to go back to AOKP because MIUI is just not able to be a daily driver for me. Everyone is different. With so many ROMs available I cannot stick with something that is struggling to keep up.

This MIUI has been solid for me. No FCs, random reboots, or other weirdness. That is my definition of a daily driver. Your definition is obviously different. There is no such thing as a perfect rom. It's a matter of finding one that is enjoyable to use despite its deficits & idiosyncrasies, and *that* is entirely subjective. Anyhoo, thanks for visiting the thread & the feedback. See ya in the forums.

No wipe at all is needed if coming from last build. Change logs are always on the miui website. Following miui on twitter is also nice since they will sometimes tweet nice things to know about the builds and things they are working on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    once i read the "laggy" part, i can tell someone is trying to troll.....

i wish miui lag on my gn, so, i can brat about it :(

/sarcastic

Whatever you wish to believe is correct for you. Only my observations... which for me are relevant. If calling me a troll helps you feel better about the inability of the MIUI team to get to a stable fast release that has graphical continuity I say have at it. For the fifth time I have given it a shot only to go back to AOKP because MIUI is just not able to be a daily driver for me. Everyone is different. With so many ROMs available I cannot stick with something that is struggling to keep up.

Have to say MIUI is not like it was on my NS. I used Brainmasters ROM and it was great. I try all the GN releases and honestly they suck compared to the older version. Half the ROM is ICS BLUE.... half orange. It is laggy as hell compared to AOKP. I love MIUI but the development is so far behind ASOP builds. Makes my GN feel like my old N1... no worse.

There's no need to start a pissing match, clearly he is set in his ways, that doesn't mean others may find it to be a different experience on their device. The last thing I want to see is people pointing subjective fingers at one another. That being said, let's keep it on topic and use some constructive criticism on where, why, and what was laggy. The Galaxy Nexus beta has only been open for about 2 months, and it's a closed source project. There's only so much I'm able to help out on for that reason.

The only places I've noticed blue accents is google account setup and the ICS google search app, which will be ultimately turned into a finder like they had done with previous versions. I wouldn't say that is half, but never the less, to each his/her own.

While opinions and suggestions are welcome, taking stabs at the MIUI team because you were called a troll should be left at the door.

Best,
    MIKS
    I admit this improves a little bit from what I am seeing the launcher seems to be slow? correct me if i am wrong anyway anyone got fix for the 1X/3G showing up as 4G?
    Yeah, the MIUI launcher isn't the leanest launcher. Static wallpaper helps decrease lag. Force GPU rendering also helps, but if you use the built-in document viewer for excel spreadsheets, the viewer app may crash. This happens on non-MIUI roms too. If this affects you, just disable Force GPU rendering before opening the spreadsheet, then re-enable when you're done with it.

The 3G/1x icon shows until you use a 4G data connection, then changes to a 4G icon. It is a relatively trivial issue and probably won't be a high priority item on the bug list.

I am playing with some build.prop edits, maybe I can tweak this build a little more. Next on the list will be init.d scripts

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Did a complete wipe and clean flash. Now I have that stupid ass Download problem where it downloads thousands of Dictionary downloads and drained my battery from 58% to 8 in an hour :( Even after clearing data as suggested in other threads. Is there anything else I could try? :confused:
    Those dictionaries will always try to download after you flash. The RIL needs a lot of work. I have noticed a lot of variability in cell network and wifi connection quality, even in areas where I should have a strong connection. Were you connected to a strong network signal when you reflashed? I always flash in a strong wifi area (either at home or at work), primarily to get up & running faster. But I suspect your phone struggled to maintain a connection while trying to download the dictionaries. Once those dictionaries are finished, you can safely delete all of them.