Help please can't get download mode to unroot, will doing factory reset first help?

Search This thread

illinoisuser

Feb 26, 2014
I rooted my LG G2 last week with ioroot22 and now i want to unroot but can't get into download mode. I have searched the forums and have read about downloading files and booting into ubuntu or something but that is way over my head. Can someone please help me? I am just not able to get used to Android :(

dirty2k9

Feb 1, 2013
Not Of This World
OnePlus 7 Pro
Reactions: OreoBear

illinoisuser

Feb 26, 2014
thanks for answering, but i can't get to download mode

Hi thanks for answering but I have followed directions and can't get into download mode?

illinoisuser

Feb 26, 2014
I have followed directions to volume up and also tried to hold both volume buttons while plugging usb but nothing but battery charging?

illinoisuser

Feb 26, 2014
Hold volume up for 3 seconds then press and hold power button.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks, I thought that worked because i came to a screen that says "firmware update" do not unplug until process complete but it stayed at 0%. I followed the guide to unroot and got to part where you unplug phone and power down and then go into download again, but i can't get it to power down, just that screen?

OreoBear

Feb 7, 2012
Thanks, I thought that worked because i came to a screen that says "firmware update" do not unplug until process complete but it stayed at 0%. I followed the guide to unroot and got to part where you unplug phone and power down and then go into download again, but i can't get it to power down, just that screen?

(Not trying to thread jack, but I figure I'll post here since you've already got it starte) I am having a very similar issue to the "firmware update" message you are receiving in download mode. From what I've read you should be good to hold the power button down until the phone powers off. However, the issue lies in actually getting download mode to work correctly. Anyone have any suggestions?

illinoisuser

Feb 26, 2014
(Not trying to thread jack, but I figure I'll post here since you've already got it starte) I am having a very similar issue to the "firmware update" message you are receiving in download mode. From what I've read you should be good to hold the power button down until the phone powers off. However, the issue lies in actually getting download mode to work correctly. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your reply, I don't know exactly how but i followed another post about getting into recovery to get into download and it did a factory reset.
This is fine with me, but how do i erase all signs that the phone has been rooted. In settings it says nothing about being rooted, but i know that is too simple?

OreoBear

Feb 7, 2012
Thanks for your reply, I don't know exactly how but i followed another post about getting into recovery to get into download and it did a factory reset.
This is fine with me, but how do i erase all signs that the phone has been rooted. In settings it says nothing about being rooted, but i know that is too simple?

I guess your simple solution would be to download superuser in the app store and see if you have root access, that would tell you for sure. Could you link to what tutorial you used? I swear I've followed every one I can find. Glad you got yours fixed.

Top Liked Posts