Anyone else getting a notification about a mobile dock update available?

Search This thread

zaelin

Feb 14, 2011
As the topic says, I'm getting a mobile dock firmware update notification, long press on the notification says it comes from Asus Services, so it seems to me to be totally legit and nothing abnormal, but I'm hesitant to do it since I've never on any of my other transformers received such a notification before.

Anyone gotten this? Was it a good update?

Thanks

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
It's legit. I haven't seen any source code but it fixed the totally messed up battery stats for the dock for me....

zaelin

Feb 14, 2011
Does your dock work fine otherwise? I had the same problem on my first dock (Oct 2013), but the update installed as soon as I connected the second dock (Nov 2013).

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

It has been working just fine, other then this. My replacement of my first dock which had the disconnect issue, was another from the same batch.

Not looking forward to RMA'ing it, if that's the answer.

zaelin

Feb 14, 2011
It has been working just fine, other then this. My replacement of my first dock which had the disconnect issue, was another from the same batch.

Not looking forward to RMA'ing it, if that's the answer.

So I RMA'd it, as not long after this post the keyboard dock stopped charging, and the update wouldn't go through.

They sent it back to me, still broken. Called them back, I'm getting free shipping to them this time, and it will be "expedited" maybe, and this time, they are going to investigate if it is "unrepairable" ....

Why the hell does a company that can make such great products have to fail so damn hard? Asus is really not doing well with this tablet, and I strongly suspect they need to fire their entire service department.