[News] Samsung Kies Air

Search This thread

olofce

Oct 9, 2010
I've only tried Android Manager Wifi for a short while, but I at first glance I like Kies air way more!

DangerMUK

Aug 30, 2010
London
I prefer/like Kies Air - infact I almost feel like writing to Samsung and saying kudos for thinking outside the box ! And being almost cool !

montrealguy

Oct 2, 2010
Montreal
I have tried Kies Air and Android Manager but they don't work.

My wireless ip that the apps say I should register is 192.168.2.14, but when I do an ipconfig, only 192.168.2.13 shows up. I can't ping 192.168.2.14.

I've tried reinstalling my wireless card drivers and resetting my computer.

Does anyone have a solution?

stepping

Jul 26, 2010
I have tried Kies Air and Android Manager but they don't work.

My wireless ip that the apps say I should register is 192.168.2.14, but when I do an ipconfig, only 192.168.2.13 shows up. I can't ping 192.168.2.14.

I've tried reinstalling my wireless card drivers and resetting my computer.

Does anyone have a solution?

Try to write http:// in front of your ip-adress. If you dont, it will not work.

Jul 14, 2008
First Samsung app I like, Works quite well and the ability to send texts from my PC without needing to touch my phone is even better, Kudos Samsung on this! :)

Sysiphus1981

Aug 2, 2010
That's not the problem. The problem is that Kies Air is telling me to connect to 192.168.2.14 when in reality, 192.168.2.13 is the only ip available.

how does kies air know the ip of
your phone? look up the ip of your phone and try again. keep in mind that to prevent problems the phoneip should be in the same range as the pc (192.168.2.x) and check your router for firewall and so on for undisturbed communication.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

bsamurai

Sep 15, 2010
Source: http://phandroid.com/2011/01/03/samsung-kies-air-brings-wireless-sync-to-the-galaxy-s/

Samsung Kies Air Brings Wireless Sync to the Galaxy S

Samsung has recently launched a new component to their desktop Kies software in the Samsung Apps store for the Galaxy S. Kies Air allows your Windows PC running Kies to sync wirelessly with your Galaxy S handset provided they are both on the same Wi-Fi network. This will let you view call logs, videos, photos, bookmarks, and IMs, and even allow you to send SMS messages from the comfort of your home computer (we all know how hard reaching over and picking up the phone can be).
You won’t find it for the Galaxy Tab or the American variants of the Galaxy S, so this app should only be useful (or about as useful as a Kies-related app could be) to this using the international Galaxy S i9000.

samsung_kies_air_galaxy_s_1-540x437.jpg

Last edited:

rizzy123

Nov 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S gets OTA updates via Kies Air

Galaxy S i9000 owners can now update and access their phone wirelessly, thanks to the new Kies Air app. To install the app, simply go to “applications” on your phone, select Samsung Apps, then select Kies Air. You will then have to enter your WiFi’s address and submask in your computer’s browser, for example 192.168.2.10:6789, and then Kies should appear on the screen. This is certainly easier than digging out your USB cable every time, so if you own a Galaxy S i9000, this may be right up your alley.

http://www.talkandroid.com/25272-samsung-announces-kies-air-to-wirelessly-update-your-samsung-phone/

Last edited:

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
does not have anything for updates .. basically turns your phone into a webserver on the local net.. works for me in the u.s. but i am running jpy firmware.

here is app

Last edited:

lrmulli

Jun 10, 2009
Warrington
Kies Air Over USB

I love Kies Air - It is brilliant.

I would like to use over usb, On my work PC (Ubuntu) as I dont have wireless.

I have managed to achieve this by setting up the mobile AP (this is just so Kies Air will start).

Start 'usb debugging' on phone.

I then execute "adb forward tcp:6789 tcp:6789" in a terminal

And then browse from my PC to http://localhost:6789/ and it works brilliantly (and surprisingly quite fast.)

I would like to do this without the need for the mobile AP - does anybody know another way of tricking Kies into thinking their is a network there?

Louis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could someone provide .apk please? Whether it´s possible
    Thanks

For those, who can't get the app from Sam Appl, here it is, just catch it :)
    Kies Air !!!

New app from Samsung.
    Run Kies from your browser?

Very good. Check it out!!
    does not have anything for updates .. basically turns your phone into a webserver on the local net.. works for me in the u.s. but i am running jpy firmware.

here is app
    Thanks but unfortunately not seeing it mine.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
    It is much slower than the usb connection but it is tolerable (I'm using wifi N but I'm not sure if this makes any difference) and I like the interface, I mean the whole layout + you don't have to usb connect to your computer and partialy charge the phone or loose the battery stats ;) .

whilst browsing I found a link to android manager which seems to beat Kies Air hands down