I think I bricked my Prime

Search This thread

lennie paz

Sep 6, 2010
Illadelphia
I have an unlocked Prime and I installed a new ROM. The WIFI wasn't working so I did a search. Someone suggested a factory reset in one of the threads and now my Prime is stuck in recovery mode no matter what I try. I tried restoring a Nandroid and that didn't work either.Am I screwed??

lennie paz

Sep 6, 2010
Illadelphia
Good to know. I did the same exact thing. Got stuck in recovery right after a factory reset. Gonna unbrick after work today. :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

It was so simple, and as I was doing it, I said this is way too easy and there's no way it's going to work. Well, it worked, and I was so relieved. Someone needs to add "do not perform a factory reset" to the sticky titled "things NOT to do with an unlocked Prime".

shaz0316

Apr 9, 2012
Hi mate

I have the exact same problem and i tried the solution shown but in the cmd line after i type "adb shell" i keep getting an error of "device not found"

Would you have any suggestions?

chefdave12118

Dec 11, 2010
Mechanicville
www.faldonis.com
It was so simple, and as I was doing it, I said this is way too easy and there's no way it's going to work. Well, it worked, and I was so relieved. Someone needs to add "do not perform a factory reset" to the sticky titled "things NOT to do with an unlocked Prime".

I think its kind of odd that we can't do a factory reset after an unlock and custom recovery. I've unlocked and put custom recoveries on at least a dozen devices and could always do a factory reset. I wonder what the culprit could be and if there is a fix. If I sell this tab, do I tell the person to never do a factory reset or you're gonna have to pull adb out? Maybe as more roms start coming out this will be addressed.

Btw. I left my prime bricked for two days before I had a chance to fix it (swamped at work). She was on my mind both days lol

lennie paz

Sep 6, 2010
Illadelphia
I think its kind of odd that we can't do a factory reset after an unlock and custom recovery. I've unlocked and put custom recoveries on at least a dozen devices and could always do a factory reset. I wonder what the culprit could be and if there is a fix. If I sell this tab, do I tell the person to never do a factory reset or you're gonna have to pull adb out? Maybe as more roms start coming out this will be addressed.

Btw. I left my prime bricked for two days before I had a chance to fix it (swamped at work). She was on my mind both days lol

So even though the battery died while it was bricked, it still charged?? As far as why you can't do a factory reset when unlocked, maybe a factory reset contains the same files as a factory update?

Reactions: chefdave12118

chefdave12118

Dec 11, 2010
Mechanicville
www.faldonis.com
So even though the battery died while it was bricked, it still charged?? As far as why you can't do a factory reset when unlocked, maybe a factory reset contains the same files as a factory update?

You may be on to something. I root and hack every android device I've ever owned (to embarrassed to say how many) and I didn't feel the need to unlock or root my prime but being the flash junkie that I am I had to do it. Now I'm afraid to lock it up with a borked rom or something weird. I didn't have any of the problems people were having with their primes before I unlock and rooted it (wished I hadn't now).

And the battery was completely dead but luckily I was able to get enough of a charge to use the adb fix and flash the stock rooted rom.

shaz0316

Apr 9, 2012
Have you tried using this driver? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426502

Hopefully that helps you.

I manage to figure it out- apprently the JDK is not compatible with 64-bit windows and ADB, so i had to install a 32-bit version of the JDK and run the steps to fix my prime in compatibility mode.

But seriously how annoying is it not to be able to factory reset. Is that with all adroid devices or just the Prime?

chefdave12118

Dec 11, 2010
Mechanicville
www.faldonis.com
I manage to figure it out- apprently the JDK is not compatible with 64-bit windows and ADB, so i had to install a 32-bit version of the JDK and run the steps to fix my prime in compatibility mode.

But seriously how annoying is it not to be able to factory reset. Is that with all adroid devices or just the Prime?

Yeah. Just the Prime in my experiences.

Also with root I lost hulu plus. I'm batting a thousand here.

Top Liked Posts