[APP][Not Under Dev] OC/UV Beater2v1.7-GUI to change Virtuous_OC,Andrev_OC&Viper_VDD

Search This thread

cjoliver

Aug 3, 2009
Pretoria
[APP][Not Under Dev] OC/UV Beater2v1.7-GUI to change Virtuous_OC,Andrev_OC&Viper_VDD

UPDATE - Hi all,

Down to personal problem im unable to continue work on this project. I have uploaded the project/source onto this post in the hope that someone can continue the work.

Thanks for all the support.

Cheers

Original - Hi All. Here is the public released version of my app to change the Virtuous_OC and Andrev_OC daemons settings and VDD levels in your ROM/kernel on-the-fly (Now also supports OC without daemon). I have put hundreds of hours of testing into this project to try and make it as bug free as possible. I still have other extra functions that i would like to implement and i hope/think :D I'm close to getting them running.

PicNotice.jpg
PicOC1.png
PicOC2.png
PicOC3.png
PicOptions.png
PicUV1.png
PicUI.jpg

The app works on profiles and you can create 3 OC profiles and change between them. You can also create 2 UV profiles and activate any one of them.

If your ROM doesn't have all the support for the different part of the app. Don't worry, the app will hide the parts you can't use and only show you the options you can.

!PLEASE! take a nandroid before making any changes.

The app stores it's config files on the /data/data folder and pushes it to the config folders when activated.

I have had some questions regarding the diff between "temp" and "perm" activation. It is easy, a "temp" will not survive a reboot. A "perm" will survive a reboot and will not require my app to configure these values again.

Please use temp activate in the UV section to check if your phone is happy with the new voltages. This button activates the new voltages, but doesn't write the config to /system, so if you have a failure the voltage levels will go back to the last activated perm settings or default if no perm settings was applied after a reboot. If you do break it :D, i have included a flash-able zip to remove the config and to take it back to default level.

Change log
V1.7 (Extra Functionality and small bug fix) Tested and working on lots of ROMS :D
* Added full multi-core support for vdd and oc.
* Fixed bug where oc setup script wasn't installed.

V1.6 (Extra Functionality) Tested and working on lots of ROMS :D
* Added support for OC without Daemons (for those roms using governor to do "screen off/sleep" profiles)

V1.5 (Extra Functionality and minor bug fix) Tested and working on lots of ROMS :D
* New Menu item added.
- Disabling of tabs you don't want or need.
- Disabling of Toasts and Notifications.
* Removed "Save" button from Auto OC Settings page. (Not needed any more)
* Added sorting of governors and frequencies.
* Fixed bug where deleting OC Profile that was assigned to an auto profile switching didn't clear the settings.

V1.4 (Extra Functionality) Testing and working on TB Fusion3d 2.0.x, DeSense NewGen v3.x, NC NoSense v1.3.x, Android Revolution HD 5.2.x, SenSi 4.0.x, NoSensi 1.0.x, Virtuous Unity 2.35.*, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3, RCMix3d 234 v2.x and MIUI v1.18.26 v*
* New Menu added. (Hit menu button)
- Auto profile switching for OC under low power conditions. :D
- Auto profile switching for OC under charger connection conditions. :D
- Auto profile switching for OC under charger disconnection conditions. :D
- By popular demand: Auto force start of OC Daemon at boot time. :D (Only use if there is no other choice and you can't get the init.d scripts working)
* Fixed FC when ROM/Kernel doesn't support OC and UV.
* Increased safe VDD levels to 1600 for LordClockN kernel.

V1.3.1 (Minor Bug) Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v2.x, NC NoSense v1.3.x, Android Revolution HD 5.2.x, SenSi 3.0.x, NoSensi 1.0.x, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3, RCMix3d 234 v2.x and MIUI v1.18.*
* Tried to remove possible FC from "-25" button in UV section by improving logic.

V1.3 (New Features) Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v2.x, NC NoSense v1.3.x, Android Revolution HD 5.2.x, SenSi 3.0.x, NoSensi 1.0.x, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3, RCMix3d 234 v2.x and MIUI v1.18.2
* Added support for Andrev_OC
* Move profiles storage to app data folder. (eg. /data) Feel free to delete the .ocuvbeater2 folder on SD card.

V1.2.3 (Minor Bug and code rewrite) Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1/2, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD 5.2.4/5, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3, RCMix3d 234 v2.2 and MIUI v1.18.2
* Almost 90% code rewrite to support future functions. So too many to mention.
* Standard colours for all spinners.

V1.2.2 (Minor Bug) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1/2, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD 5.2.3/4, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3 and RCMix3d 234 v2.2.
* Full busybox support. (Should give me lots more ROM support than native commands
* Removed possible FC as app wasn't waiting for commands to complete.

V1.2.1 (Minor Bug) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1/2, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD 5.2.3/4, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0 and LeeDrOiD v3.3.3
* Added support for Kernel with more than 25 frequency steps.
* Improved code to init.d scripts.
* Added removal of TextViews and Spinners not used by VDD.

V1.2 (New Features) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6 and Virtuous Unity 1.31.0
* Included detection for vipermod init.d script.
* Added "Clear" button to clear/reset profile.
* Added "Default" button to UV section to load default values to profile.
* Cleanup of code.
* Improved testing logic.

V1.1.5 (Minor bugs) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6 and Virtuous Unity 1.31.0
* Added support for SenSi and NoSensi Roms
* Removed bug where scrollview will just to the top TextBox after changing a spinner value.
* Added mdpi and ldpi icons :)D Not that we will ever need this)

V1.1.4 (Minor bugs) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3 and Android Revolution HD
* Upgrade init.d script to include more shell cmd's. (No need to delete, will upgrade itself)
* Improved logic in app
* Minor bugs i found.

V1.1.3 (Minor bug)
* Running only OC or UV caused fc on save. Fixed.

V1.1.2 (Major bug)
* Install of init.d script was failing. (This caused lots of headaches and should support more roms now)

V1.1.1 (Minor bug)
* Improved logic in app to make it faster.
* Fixed keyboard opening on every start.
* Increased size of spinner objects.
* Improved detection of Temp and Perm settings.

V1.1 (New Features)
* Improved logic in app.
* Activate "Temp Activations" for OC.
* New Icon.
* Removed exit button (Use home or back button) - Why should i wast valuable real-estate if there is already buttons for it.

V1.0.1 (Minor bug)
*Root checking fixed to include more custom ROM's.

Any positive criticism would be greatly appreciated and please donate if you like my work. :)

Donaters will be listed here :

Staplerz83 $5

Enjoy

Downloads :)
V1.0 = +/- 50 downloads
V1.1 = +/- 300 downloads
V1.2 = +/- 150 downloads
v1.3 = +/- 660 downloads
V1.4 = +/- 830 downloads
v1.5 = +/- 2699 downloads
v1.6 = +/- 1986 downloads
v1.7 = counting :D

Attachments

• OCUVBeater2v1.6.apk
    111.9 KB · Views: 4,196
  • OCUVBeater2v1.7.apk
    112 KB · Views: 25,138
  • Source_OCUVBeater2.zip
    835.7 KB · Views: 2,381
Last edited:

cjoliver

Aug 3, 2009
Pretoria
Yeah, very nice app mate. I played with it a bit, and all seems fine.

One suggestion.. Make a flashable reset voltage zipp. In case of bootloops after crash etc... People can return to stock voltage then.

Will do, thanks for the heads up. I added the temp activate to try and get around that. The temp active doesn't write anything to /system and everything will be back to the last perm activate once rebooted. Will edit the first post to explain better and add flashable zip once I get home.

Thank again.
Cheers

Last edited:

Wacco001

Mar 26, 2011
.. just around the corner !
Hi All. Here is the first public released version of my app to change the Virtuous_OC daemons settings on-the-fly and also to change the VDD levels in your kernel on-the-fly. It was a project for school and it looks like everything is working 100%. I have put more than 100 hours of testing into this project to try and make it as bug free as possible. I still have other extra functions that i would like to implement and i hope/think :D I'm close to getting them running.

The app works on profiles and you can create 3 OC profiles and change between them. You can also create 2 UV profiles and activate any one of them.

If your ROM doesn't have Virtuous_OC you can still run the app and only use the Viper UV section. The other way around works as well.

The app stores it's configs on the SD card and pushes it to the config folders when activated.

Please use temp activate in the UV section to check if your phone is happy with the new voltages. This button activates the new voltages, but doesn't write the config to /system, so if you have a failure the voltage levels will go back to the last activated perm settings or default if no perm settings was applied after a reboot.

Any positive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

One suggestion.. Make a flashable reset voltage zipp. In case of bootloops after crash etc... People can return to stock voltage then.

For your information, your app works nice on my DHD .. :D
Thanks for your great work !!

Always impressed by the skills the DEV here on XDA show ..! :)

Have to agree with Whiskey103's remark about incl. a flashable reset voltage .zip ! That would be a very welcome extra safety precaution .. :D

JagDave

Jul 15, 2010
OnePlus 6
Please help.

Just installed and granted SU permissions, but Beater 2 is not recognising this.

I've reinstalled, done a full wipe & flashed my ROM, but I still end up with "This application will not work without Root access. Please change in SuperUser app".

SU is up to date, and has Beater 2 granted in its list and confirms this when I start the app, but still no joy.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Patrics83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
Gothenburg
Please help.

Just installed and granted SU permissions, but Beater 2 is not recognising this.

I've reinstalled, done a full wipe & flashed my ROM, but I still end up with "This application will not work without Root access. Please change in SuperUser app".

SU is up to date, and has Beater 2 granted in its list and confirms this when I start the app, but still no joy.

No idea, here it works just fine.

Delete the permission and uninstall the app..reboot...and reinstall it again..

cjoliver

Aug 3, 2009
Pretoria
Please help.

Hi JagDave,

Can you send me the output from the "id" command as root from a command line. My program checks the id number form that output to see if it can get root.

Thanks.

Reactions: simmoyo and JagDave

JagDave

Jul 15, 2010
OnePlus 6
I can't believe in less than 24 hours there is an update! This is going to drive my wife mad :D

JagDave, have another look using V1.0.1. Should be working now.

Thanks for the quick response to my question and helping me sort the minor bug out.

Hope it works this time.
Enjoy

That fixed it, thank you very much :)

Sent from The Land that Time Forgot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UPDATE - Hi all,

Down to personal problem im unable to continue work on this project. I have uploaded the project/source onto this post in the hope that someone can continue the work.

Thanks for all the support.

Cheers

Original - Hi All. Here is the public released version of my app to change the Virtuous_OC and Andrev_OC daemons settings and VDD levels in your ROM/kernel on-the-fly (Now also supports OC without daemon). I have put hundreds of hours of testing into this project to try and make it as bug free as possible. I still have other extra functions that i would like to implement and i hope/think :D I'm close to getting them running.

PicNotice.jpg
    PicOC1.png
    PicOC2.png
    PicOC3.png
    PicOptions.png
    PicUV1.png
    PicUI.jpg

If your ROM doesn't have all the support for the different part of the app. Don't worry, the app will hide the parts you can't use and only show you the options you can.

The app stores it's config files on the /data/data folder and pushes it to the config folders when activated.

I have had some questions regarding the diff between "temp" and "perm" activation. It is easy, a "temp" will not survive a reboot. A "perm" will survive a reboot and will not require my app to configure these values again.

Please use temp activate in the UV section to check if your phone is happy with the new voltages. This button activates the new voltages, but doesn't write the config to /system, so if you have a failure the voltage levels will go back to the last activated perm settings or default if no perm settings was applied after a reboot. If you do break it :D, i have included a flash-able zip to remove the config and to take it back to default level.

Change log
    V1.7 (Extra Functionality and small bug fix) Tested and working on lots of ROMS :D
    * Added full multi-core support for vdd and oc.
    * Fixed bug where oc setup script wasn't installed.

V1.6 (Extra Functionality) Tested and working on lots of ROMS :D
    * Added support for OC without Daemons (for those roms using governor to do "screen off/sleep" profiles)

V1.5 (Extra Functionality and minor bug fix) Tested and working on lots of ROMS :D
    * New Menu item added.
    - Disabling of tabs you don't want or need.
    - Disabling of Toasts and Notifications.
    * Removed "Save" button from Auto OC Settings page. (Not needed any more)
    * Added sorting of governors and frequencies.
    * Fixed bug where deleting OC Profile that was assigned to an auto profile switching didn't clear the settings.

V1.4 (Extra Functionality) Testing and working on TB Fusion3d 2.0.x, DeSense NewGen v3.x, NC NoSense v1.3.x, Android Revolution HD 5.2.x, SenSi 4.0.x, NoSensi 1.0.x, Virtuous Unity 2.35.*, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3, RCMix3d 234 v2.x and MIUI v1.18.26 v*
    * New Menu added. (Hit menu button)
    - Auto profile switching for OC under low power conditions. :D
    - Auto profile switching for OC under charger connection conditions. :D
    - Auto profile switching for OC under charger disconnection conditions. :D
    - By popular demand: Auto force start of OC Daemon at boot time. :D (Only use if there is no other choice and you can't get the init.d scripts working)
    * Fixed FC when ROM/Kernel doesn't support OC and UV.
    * Increased safe VDD levels to 1600 for LordClockN kernel.

V1.3.1 (Minor Bug) Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v2.x, NC NoSense v1.3.x, Android Revolution HD 5.2.x, SenSi 3.0.x, NoSensi 1.0.x, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3, RCMix3d 234 v2.x and MIUI v1.18.*
    * Tried to remove possible FC from "-25" button in UV section by improving logic.

V1.3 (New Features) Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v2.x, NC NoSense v1.3.x, Android Revolution HD 5.2.x, SenSi 3.0.x, NoSensi 1.0.x, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3, RCMix3d 234 v2.x and MIUI v1.18.2
    * Added support for Andrev_OC
    * Move profiles storage to app data folder. (eg. /data) Feel free to delete the .ocuvbeater2 folder on SD card.

V1.2.3 (Minor Bug and code rewrite) Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1/2, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD 5.2.4/5, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3, RCMix3d 234 v2.2 and MIUI v1.18.2
    * Almost 90% code rewrite to support future functions. So too many to mention.
    * Standard colours for all spinners.

V1.2.2 (Minor Bug) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1/2, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD 5.2.3/4, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3 and RCMix3d 234 v2.2.
    * Full busybox support. (Should give me lots more ROM support than native commands
    * Removed possible FC as app wasn't waiting for commands to complete.

V1.2.1 (Minor Bug) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1/2, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD 5.2.3/4, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0 and LeeDrOiD v3.3.3
    * Added support for Kernel with more than 25 frequency steps.
    * Improved code to init.d scripts.
    * Added removal of TextViews and Spinners not used by VDD.

V1.2 (New Features) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6 and Virtuous Unity 1.31.0
    * Included detection for vipermod init.d script.
    * Added "Clear" button to clear/reset profile.
    * Added "Default" button to UV section to load default values to profile.
    * Cleanup of code.
    * Improved testing logic.

V1.1.5 (Minor bugs) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6 and Virtuous Unity 1.31.0
    * Added support for SenSi and NoSensi Roms
    * Removed bug where scrollview will just to the top TextBox after changing a spinner value.
    * Added mdpi and ldpi icons :)D Not that we will ever need this)

V1.1.4 (Minor bugs) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3 and Android Revolution HD
    * Upgrade init.d script to include more shell cmd's. (No need to delete, will upgrade itself)
    * Improved logic in app
    * Minor bugs i found.

V1.1.3 (Minor bug)
    * Running only OC or UV caused fc on save. Fixed.

V1.1.2 (Major bug)
    * Install of init.d script was failing. (This caused lots of headaches and should support more roms now)

V1.1.1 (Minor bug)
    * Improved logic in app to make it faster.
    * Fixed keyboard opening on every start.
    * Increased size of spinner objects.
    * Improved detection of Temp and Perm settings.

V1.1 (New Features)
    * Improved logic in app.
    * Activate "Temp Activations" for OC.
    * New Icon.
    * Removed exit button (Use home or back button) - Why should i wast valuable real-estate if there is already buttons for it.

V1.0.1 (Minor bug)
    *Root checking fixed to include more custom ROM's.

Any positive criticism would be greatly appreciated and please donate if you like my work. :)

Donaters will be listed here :

Staplerz83 $5

Enjoy

Downloads :)
    V1.0 = +/- 50 downloads
    V1.1 = +/- 300 downloads
    V1.2 = +/- 150 downloads
    v1.3 = +/- 660 downloads
    V1.4 = +/- 830 downloads
    v1.5 = +/- 2699 downloads
    v1.6 = +/- 1986 downloads
    v1.7 = counting :D
    Hi guys.

Sorry for the long absence. Down to personal problem, i have been unable to continue work on my project, and doubt that i will be able to any time soon. I have decided to upload the project/source onto the front page and hope that someone can continue my work, or use it to start there own project.

Thanks all for the support.

Cheers.
    Updated OP with v1.5 :D Wanted to give everybody something new for the weekend.

Enjoy.
    Hi All,

V1.4 upload to front page. Have a look and let me know if there is any problems.

Cheers.
    Hi all,

I updated the OP with the new version. It is a day early, but i'm going on my one year wedding aniversity tomorrow morning, and i don't think my wife will love me very much if i was uploaded the new version just before leaving. :D

Cheers and enjoy.