Capacitive pen for taking notes.

Search This thread

brianious

Nov 27, 2010
OK People!

I think I have found the ultimate stylus for writing.
It is shipping to me right now so I can't wait to get a hand on it, but here it goes.

I've bought my tablet for note taking use, so finding a good stylus and app was important. I mentioned the best note taking app in my previous post, so I will tell you what I found for stylus.

Since writing on iPad and GTab is similar, I've done some research and found that most people recommended wacom bamboo stick. Indeed, it gets great reviews and whatnot. I heard it is much better than Amazon stylus or samsung stylus.

However, people want a fine point or a stylus that can write detailed. So people mention Dagi or Adonit jot pro. These some people liked, but mostly said that they did not like it because you have to write in certain angle and it was inconvenient.

What I found ultimately was iFaraday. I recommend people to visit the site, as the maker is an individual handcrafting these styli. I will post again when I have my hands on it and compare it to my other stylus which is Griffin.

sunny99

May 14, 2009
I just posted this thread...along the same lines so people checking this thread might fond some use...I get the impression you're after a commercial solution this is a homemade solution ...it probably won't compare for lifespan or quality...but for free I think it's definitely worth a look.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1554114

(VID)(TUT)Home-made capacitive Stylus

Sunny

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

PeterDer

Dec 9, 2010
Just got my P507 pen and they seam to work great ;-)

Have'nt tried the calibration yet though but it's accurate enough for what i needed it for.

The tip seams a bit weak though, but with some care it should last awhile I hope.

bioert

Oct 10, 2010
Manati
Just got my P507 pen and they seam to work great ;-)

Have'nt tried the calibration yet though but it's accurate enough for what i needed it for.

The tip seams a bit weak though, but with some care it should last awhile I hope.

How about taking notes with it?, I had a galaxy note and it was very good at taking notes. I'm trying to find a "solution or stylus" for my asus transformer, something that make me replace the paper.

I have a Griffin Stylus, it is good for people who just use pens instead of fingers for common device use. But for note taking it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

*UPDATE* 06/05/2012 -

I brought a Jot pro from ebay around $30. Soo is better than the griffin (a lot) but it needs the screen tune up app to work better. I used the recommended app “Lecture”, is a great app. Still it doesn’t replace completely the note taking.

Last edited:

donec

Aug 21, 2012
I too am looking for something to take notes on. I bought a Flyer and it was pretty inaccurate. This is one of those things where if it isn't done right it will be horrible experience. My best suggestion would be to wait for the Samsung Series 7 Slate. I know its pretty expensive but look at like this it can replace your laptop.
Strange my pen and flyer are extremely accurate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your not out of luck... just need this!!

As u guys know capacitive stylus have a very wide point so that it can be recognized by the device, therefore affecting precision. Thankfully some people already came up with a solution. U have to options.

1) DIY fine ponit stylus with materials u can find in ur house... for FREE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHhB2BF5yQM

I found a blog where someone made a more precise intructions .... but I don't
    remember the site! :p

2) Someone took the idea to kickstarter and now they are commercializing there
    version of a fine point stylus.... only that it cost around 20-30 bucks:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpwfoEk0-bY
    http://adonit.net/product/7

I just pre ordered one of these bad boys!!!
    In the videos in the 3rd post, you can see art rendering.

Seems pretty descent!