Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-15-17-12-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-15-17-12-50.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 1,183
Last edited:

foo

Feb 2, 2005
Bavaria
This server is slow as hell, it takes >5 hours to download this (my internet connection speed is 100Mbit/s). I also do not understand, why the size of the firmware is 2,1 GByte, so I'm not gonna download this, maybe someone else has more patience.

C2Q

Dec 10, 2011
yeah which country is it and is this 4.4? Can someone let us know if they have tried it.

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Thanks for sharing OP. I read about on Google+ that its been released. Build date 031114, lets hope for improvments and for a P605 release also...:(

Elim

Feb 17, 2008
Antwerpen
Mh, Samsung is working on updates for 4.3?! Then it seems that a 4.4 will be not for next month... :(

starsky23

Jun 27, 2013
Yeah, I just tried it but it's a version for South Korea so I could only load the kernel (have a US one).

The multitouch is definitely fixed! Couldn't really test anymore as my wifi isn't working (only loaded the kernel).

Hopefully one of the devs will integrate this firmware into their custom roms!

Just loaded DutchDanny's kernel again and the multitouch is back to being wonky. Guess it really was a kernel fix after all then and not a driver update.

Last edited:
Reactions: clouds5

hpblze

Nov 17, 2010
awesome !

Yeah, I just tried it but it's a version for South Korea so I could only load the kernel (have a US one).

The multitouch is definitely fixed! Couldn't really test anymore as my wifi isn't working (only loaded the kernel).

Just loaded DutchDanny's kernel again and the multitouch is back to being wonky. Guess it really was a kernel fix after all then and not a driver update.

This is great news then !

westside90i

Jul 9, 2010
not working wifi? not turn on wifi option?
my device kroea p600 but cleanrom and BinDroid Kernel working very well..

starsky23

Jun 27, 2013
Mine's a US version, if yours is Korean, this firmware will work fine!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
a few new things when compared to mj9, including a new app called qrreader (no icon, perhaps to be called by other Samsung apps), divx support, a new splanner for tablets with 2 new widget layouts

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-16-05-21-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-16-05-21-01.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 724
Last edited:

haterbait

Oct 18, 2013
Multi-touch fixed? I'm listening... You're referring to the screen shaking while holding fingers/fingers problem? The one where the Multi-touch test apps show irregular behavior? That would make me quite happy.

hpblze

Nov 17, 2010
Multi-touch fixed? I'm listening... You're referring to the screen shaking while holding fingers/fingers problem? The one where the Multi-touch test apps show irregular behavior? That would make me quite happy.
Haha , we are all in the same boat aren't we .. I really cant go to any other tablet , cuz this one us top class.Fix the multi touch , and ill b the happiest guy !
And I believe the fix is near , oh btw I just saw the firmware on sammobile for p605 but it seems to have disappeared again ...
I have a p601 , so waiting ..

starsky23

Jun 27, 2013
Flashing this Kernel

Ok guys, so I managed to figure out how to flash this kernel and get the WiFi to work again on at least US editions, I'm sure it'll work for the others too. You should only try this if you're rooted as it involves flashing TWRP.

First things first, do this is at your own risk, I am not liable etc, etc.

1. Download the firmware.
2. Download Odin.
3. Boot your Note 10.1 into Download mode.
4. Flash the firmware using Odin (select the P600KXUANC2_P600KOOANC2_HOME.tar.md5 file as PDA).
5. The flash will fail when it attempts to write system.img. DO NOT PANIC.
6. Reboot the tablet, it will say something about reconnecting to Kies as something is corrupted.
7. At this point, plug it into Odin and flash TWRP (use the instructions from that thread in case you do not know how).
8. Once TWRP is flashed, reboot your tablet. You do not even need to enter TWRP, your tablet should boot up normally. Hurrah!
9. You'll notice your WiFi isn't working. Using any root explorer of your choice, edit your build.prop and change 'ro.securestorage.support=true' to 'ro.securestorage.support=false' (no quotation marks). Reboot your tablet.
10. WiFi should work again and now you have the newest Samsung kernel with the touchscreen bug fixed! Your kernel version should have Tue Mar 11 as it's build date!
11. Pop a beer!

P.S. I've noticed that the touchscreen bug still does exist to some extent although it's greatly been reduced. Planting your palm can still upset it sometimes, however icons aren't hovering all over the place when you're adding them to the desktop anymore.

tylerholbrook

Feb 20, 2011
Yeah that build prop edit worked for the s4 as well when 4.3 came out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

hpblze

Nov 17, 2010
Kernel

Ok guys, so I managed to figure out how to flash this kernel and get the WiFi to work again on at least US editions, I'm sure it'll work for the others too. You should only try this if you're rooted as it involves flashing TWRP.

2. Download Odin.
4. Flash the firmware using Odin (select the P600KXUANC2_P600KOOANC2_HOME.tar.md5 file as PDA).
6. Reboot the tablet, it will say something about reconnecting to Kies as something is corrupted.
7. At this point, plug it into Odin and flash TWRP (use the instructions from that thread in case you do not know how).
8. Once TWRP is flashed, reboot your tablet. You do not even need to enter TWRP, your tablet should boot up normally. Hurrah!
9. You'll notice your WiFi isn't working. Using any root explorer of your choice, edit your build.prop and change 'ro.securestorage.support=true' to 'ro.securestorage.support=false' (no quotation marks). Reboot your tablet.
10. WiFi should work again and now you have the newest Samsung kernel with the touchscreen bug fixed! Your kernel version should have Tue Mar 11 as it's build date!
11. Pop a beer!

P.S. I've noticed that the touchscreen bug still does exist to some extent although it's greatly been reduced. Planting your palm can still upset it sometimes, however icons aren't hovering all over the place when you're adding them to the desktop anymore.

Hey can the Kernel be extracted by any means from the firmware , We really have much slower internet here in India and downloading a 2 + GB file can be deadly ! I am really dying to test this out
Also the thread creator needs to change the title of this topic so that people can identify why this thread was actually made .. ( Multitouch fix firmware something .. ) :good:

Reactions: alpha_330

alpha_330

Dec 21, 2010
Tehran
i download this firmware and extract it, and convert boot.img and recovery img to tar files and flash to my tablet p-601
kernel change to tue 11 and multitouch issue fixe but wifi gone ((it can be back by the solution of my friend starsky23 and phone gone too icant recover phone and enable it again
at now i downgrade to p-601 tablet

hpblze

Nov 17, 2010
thank You !

Thank you so much guys alpha_330, especially starsky23 .. The problem is fixed , i downloaded the file and converted the boot.img and recovery img to tar from the downloaded firmware then flashed via Odin

All Good !!!

Cheers

Reactions: alpha_330

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashing this Kernel

2. Download Odin.
    11. Pop a beer!

Kernel

2. Download Odin.
    11. Pop a beer!

Hey can the Kernel be extracted by any means from the firmware , We really have much slower internet here in India and downloading a 2 + GB file can be deadly ! I am really dying to test this out
    Also the thread creator needs to change the title of this topic so that people can identify why this thread was actually made .. ( Multitouch fix firmware something .. ) :good:
    thank You !

Thank you so much guys alpha_330, especially starsky23 .. The problem is fixed , i downloaded the file and converted the boot.img and recovery img to tar from the downloaded firmware then flashed via Odin

All Good !!!

Cheers