[Q] 4.4.2 CM11, return to all stock?

Search This thread

FireGuy2014

Feb 15, 2014
I have an HTC One on sprint, running a CM11 nightly. While I liked it for a while, due to business aspects, I need to go back to iphone. I am just gonna trade someone I know for my HTC for their iphone. I guess what i was wondering is what is the process of returning it back to stock? They still want root access, just not a custom ROM. I'm S-ON, HBOOT 1.56.000, Radio, 1.00.20.1100, and OS 4.06.651.4.

I'd like a step by step process hopefully (not an expert on androids, more used to iphones). But i do have some experience with cmd. I was also wondering if I turn it back to stock, will i lose all of my data (contacts, photos,etc.) I know you lose apps, but when I flashed to CM11, I backed up with TWRP, and then had to use CWM, so i couldn't restore my contacts. I do have a backup of my original ROM before i went to CM11 in TWRP, but I had to flash to CWM, so I'm not sure if it's still there.

Also, if they wanted to keep the CM11 on it, would there be any problems switching phone numbers and whatnot on it? I'd assume not because it still has an IMEI, but just wanted to make sure.

noXcape

Mar 12, 2012
Find a flashable zip of twrp and if you didn't delete it ur backup of ur stock rooted should work...u have to have Sprint base Rom to swap phones so NO cm11 will not work when you go to trade phones

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

FireGuy2014

Feb 15, 2014
Find a flashable zip of twrp and if you didn't delete it ur backup of ur stock rooted should work...u have to have Sprint base Rom to swap phones so NO cm11 will not work when you go to trade phones

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I tried to reflash twrp. It wouldnt work. it wouldnt recognize touches.
So if I want it all stock, except for root, can I use an RUU? I know it wipes everything, but better than nothing. plus i could sync with htc manager and get everything i had back.

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I tried to reflash twrp. It wouldnt work. it wouldnt recognize touches.
So if I want it all stock, except for root, can I use an RUU? I know it wipes everything, but better than nothing. plus i could sync with htc manager and get everything i had back.

what version of twrp did you flash, should be 2.6.3.0 or higher. thus the touch problems, you don't need to ruu.(openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wls.img)

FireGuy2014

Feb 15, 2014
what version of twrp did you flash, should be 2.6.3.0 or higher. thus the touch problems, you don't need to ruu.(openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wls.img)

I used that originally i believe. So if I re-flash my recovery to twrp, I can restore from my back up, even if I was rooted? and would i still have CM11, or stock sense?

FireGuy2014

Feb 15, 2014
if your backup is stock sense it will be sense.i have no idea what your backup is. you should know that.

I tried using the twrp manager from the play store but it says I'm not supported. 2.7.0.0 is the latest. It shows the backup i have though. Does anyone know where I can download it from and flash it onto my phone?

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Last edited:

FireGuy2014

Feb 15, 2014
not sure on the cache erase some say do some say don't i'd try it without first if you have issues wipe it and reflash recovery

tried to no avail. I tried and it was stuck on HTC logo for 15 minutes. I reflashed to CM11, and im downloading the RUU now to completely wipe/restore it. Unless i did something wrong? I erased cache using adb, then booted up, restored my stuff, and it said successful, but it was on the htc logo. I tried again to the same thing. then i reflashed cm11 and it worked. did i forget to do a factory reset before i restored everything? it said it wiped stuff before it restored it.

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
tried to no avail. I tried and it was stuck on HTC logo for 15 minutes. I reflashed to CM11, and im downloading the RUU now to completely wipe/restore it. Unless i did something wrong? I erased cache using adb, then booted up, restored my stuff, and it said successful, but it was on the htc logo. I tried again to the same thing. then i reflashed cm11 and it worked. did i forget to do a factory reset before i restored everything? it said it wiped stuff before it restored it.

after you erased cache did you flash recovery, then reboot recovery and restore a backup

when you are on the htc logo hold the power button down til it reboots and see if it goes past the htc screen

you don't have to factory reset to restore a rom just hit restore and select the backup

Last edited:

FireGuy2014

Feb 15, 2014
after you erased cache did you flash recovery, then reboot recovery and restore a backup

when you are on the htc logo hold the power button down til it reboots and see if it goes past the htc screen

I flashed recovery, then erased cache, then rebooted to recovery, and restored a backup. when it said successful, i rebooted from there, and it vibrated on bootup, but stayed at the htc screen for a while. I held the power button and rebooted. same thing.

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I flashed recovery, then erased cache, then rebooted to recovery, and restored a backup. when it said successful, i rebooted from there, and it vibrated on bootup, but stayed at the htc screen for a while. I held the power button and rebooted. same thing.

well, i don't know, i'd try 2.6.3.0 twrp and don't wipe cache, thats what i been using, what the hell can't hurt to try at this point in the game

sometimes it takes awhile on the first boot, i've had some take quit awhile, but i don't know

Last edited:

FireGuy2014

Feb 15, 2014
well, i don't know, i'd try 2.6.3.0 twrp and don't wipe cache, thats what i been using, what the hell can't hurt to try at this point in the game

I'm gonna try an RUU. I'm downloading the latest one right now (4.06.651.4 i believe). I'll let you know how it works out. since i'm S-ON, all i need to do is relock boot loader and then run the RUU correct?

Top Liked Posts