[Q] Wireless Gets Disconnected Oftenly

Search This thread

erkanea

Jun 13, 2010
Hello,
After I bought this tablet, I am always having an issue whatever ROM i try doesnt matter (stock one, stock latest, crombi-x, crombi-kk)
WI-FI works great on my home network which is password protected and not much channel congestion around.
WI-FI gets disconnected very often (every 2-3 minutes generally if only I start surfing) at work, where there is lots of WI-FI in the same channels (this is because most of networks are from the same router). At work, if I start a download and do nothing else it goes good but whenever I start surfing, then i get disconnected. Work WI-FI is not secure by WPA etc but certificate authantication is required. So I suspect there is something wrong wiht certificate services with the device or software. It sounds like a buffer gets full when I connect to different web sites.
I tried a lot of browsers and there is no difference between them.
Any help will be appriciated.

YayYouFixedIt

Nov 21, 2012
I have that problem also. But it happened only after I bought a cheap dlink n300. Before that I was using a Belkin and it was fine.I Just have to hit retry.

erkanea

Jun 13, 2010
I have that problem also. But it happened only after I bought a cheap dlink n300. Before that I was using a Belkin and it was fine.I Just have to hit retry.

we have a cisco device at work, i dont know specific problem but there might be hundreds of people that connects to this network, they dont have any problem.

erkanea

Jun 13, 2010
It may be the battery save feature of the tablet that is disconnecting you from WiFi. Try turning that off to see if you still have the issue.

I am not having an issue at home network, so I don't think power save features causing this. Also, I have tried with power saving disabled from settings and result is same.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Free mobile app

Alta1r

I used to have the same problem on my home network. I live in the city and have lots of Wifi-networks around (about 15 to 20). At work, where wifi channels aren't so crowded, i didn't have this problem.

What fixed it for me was to put the router to 802.11n-only (before it was mixed n/g/b). As from that moment (many months ago) i haven't had a single disconnect. But I guess this might not be a solution for you...