Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

smeejaytee

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 29, 2013
kent
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
How do you set up the rom with no internet lol,
I just got really excited to see this then Isaw that comment, I will definitely be looking at this when it's further developed, thank you for your efforts in keeping m8 alive, road is great to see.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mattyditfc

okashi1993

Jan 16, 2012
hanoi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
How do you set up the rom with no internet lol,
I just got really excited to see this then Isaw that comment, I will definitely be looking at this when it's further developed, thank you for your efforts in keeping m8 alive, road is great to see.

I hope the dev fix it , but u can skip set up rom beause it dont work :p:p , follow step
1. drop file boot in rom.zip
2. flash rom
3. delete file CyanogenSetupWizard in System/priv-app/CyanogenSetupWizard
4. enjoy rom without internet :highfive::highfive::highfive:

Reactions: winuxguy

smeejaytee

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 29, 2013
kent
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
I hope the dev fix it , but u can skip set up rom beause it dont work :p:p , follow step
1. drop file boot in rom.zip
2. flash rom
3. delete file CyanogenSetupWizard in System/priv-app/CyanogenSetupWizard
4. enjoy rom without internet :highfive::highfive::highfive:
Thank you for the reply, I guess it would be cool to test but without internet it kind of defeats these purpose of a smart phone, it would just be a slightly clever phone instead lol.

A

absentprofile

goodluck to those who would develop this :D I will wait for you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The test build folks are referring to is hacky has hell. Gotta wait 10-15 minutes after bootup until you get a signal, then you gotta do **** in a certain order before you can connect to WiFi without bootlooping. And that's not just on first boot... it's on each subsequent reboot too! Plus it's running the kernel in permissive mode, which is a security risk.

I flashed a newer build after changing one line in the source, then I lost ril altogether, even after clean-flashing a different MM ROM. Had to flash RUU, screw with a few other things manually, plus flash MM ROM to get a connection again. Honest to god thought for a moment I bricked the thing. I didn't share that build with a soul! Wouldn't wish that on anyone!

I'm not the official maintainer for CM. I can't speak for the official maintainer on when/if nightly builds will start. I can say that I won't feel comfortable releasing any unofficial builds or information about how to get stuff working until we're shipping an enforcing kernel, and you can boot a ROM that more or less works right out of the box.

I don't even share builds with our group until after I can confirm non-brick status on my own device. I release my test builds to other members of our group because I don't have much of an alternative. There's like 20 variants floating around out there and I only own one of them. Gotta know if something I "fix" just breaks something else on a different variant. With all that said, I think our group understands that these builds are VERY risky and bricks really could happen. Due to language barrier and other issues, the same can't be said about anything I post on XDA.

XDA used to be about developers, then it became about developers and testers... But now it's about "developers" releasing builds to end-users. That frequently actually means that it's some dude who compiles someone else's code, then posts it on XDA like he's a real dev, then begs for donations. I really value XDA for being what it is today, but it's not something that's ready for distribution to end-users yet. When MM dropped, we posted an AOSP based build, even before GPE and it had a few (comparatively minor) bugs and people freaked out, asking why I released a ROM with known issues (Some GAPPS FC's). Not going down that road again. Hope you guys understand.
    RIL is partially fixed(sms and calls working), still problems with data(both wifi and mobile), but team-m8 will keep on looking @fizbanrapper :good:
    Developers are great... when they reply to people. You cannot just blank the whole forum, otherwise people start to doubt the devs and feel annoyed at them. If you have time to build CyanogenMod 14 then at least update us, this is the only real thread for CM14 anyway. We need a lifeline!
    People should doubt the "devs", lol. We don't know exactly what the problem is, or how to fix it. We've been narrowing it down, but everything we try is throwing crap against the wall hoping that something will work... and we only have partial fixes so far.

As for "annoyed at them"...
    Honestly, where do you get off being annoyed? CyanogenMod has an open gerrit review site and I can say with 100% certainty that CM would be elated if you or anyone else were to submit a patchset to get the M8 working right and proper on cm-14. Android-Addicts/Team-M8 is a group of casual users with different experience levels that's trying to work on a solution in our spare time. I spent 8 hours and cranked out 7 experimental builds the other night, none of which corrected the issues. I've never made a dollar off of this and have spent hundreds of hours over the last few years doing work directly or indirectly on the m8. I'd rather spend my free time (like right NOW) trying new things to see if I can finally find a solution, instead of posting replies on xda.

What about if other devs want to talk to the devs to help?
    Android Addicts has a G+ page where people can communicate with the team. On our G+ page is a link where you can join our Telegram chat. I'll see anything posted on either of those two in pretty short order, even though there isn't much activity there. We use Slack as our main method of communication.
    The devs working on a functional build are all keeping in contact with each other, I'm sure
    Yessir we are.
    there are slack and telegram groups there way to communicate
    if you want to discuss something with them pm one of the teams and ask
    May be join to one of their groups

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Labs
    A reasonable thought! Anyone can join the G+ group or Telegram chat. Given the current state of affairs with the M8, I'm going to be highly selective in adding new people to the Slack group though. Historically we've welcomed testers into the group, but we're not really accepting testers into the group right now. I don't want people joining just so they can gain access to builds that are poorly functioning at best. If anyone wants to join, hit us up on Telegram and we'll assess whether or not you have the ability to contribute to a solution. Again, we usually do not have requirements like this and will drop those requirements again as soon as there's a well-functioning Nougat build out there somewhere for the M8.
    origin link : http://xdavn.com/cm14-android-7-0-nougat-cho-htc-one-m8-by-xdavn.t1281/
    What works ?
    -Wifi
    -Bluetooth
    -Vibrator
    -H/W
    -MTP
    -RIL (unstable)
    -deepsleep...
    -Sounds
    What doesn't ?
    - Camera (can't take picture)
    - DO NOT Turn on data or connect wifi
    Wifi and data fixed!
    Props to team-m8 @fizbanrapper
    !! He's da man!
    Screenshot_20161006-231043.png
    59b4ad82f3203cf3ba8d675cfbb2ac11.jpg
    @Eurofighter_ty We aren't sure 100% yet, but the key is to not merge some commits, everything will be up in a few hrs/days on github after we make sure it's safe etc.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk