[Bootanimation] HTC quietly rooted [UPDATED!]

Search This thread

Roland_D

Dec 26, 2010
Newton, NC
I found the gif of the HTC and the droid online and i edited "brilliant" turning in "rooted"...

The result is... quietly cool... :D

---------------WORKING DEVICES------------------

HTC Inspire 4G
HTC Desire HD (duh!)
HTC Evo
HTC HD2
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Hero
HTC Wildfire
Tmobile G2
(if it works on your non-listed device please post it)

----------------INSTALLATION---------------------

If you use the Stock ROM rename it ATT_bootanimation.zip and copy it in the folder system/customize/resource/

If you use a custom ROM copy it in the folder data/local

If you use CyanogenMod7 ROM copy it in the folder system/media

----------------------------------------------------

VERSION 2.2 uploaded... Hope you guys like it!

Lighter and faster (still testing it... post comments please :) )

-------------------PREVIEW---------------------

quietly-rooted.gif

-------------------DOWLOAD---------------------

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION

Last edited:

I Am Stuck

Mar 13, 2011
I'm really really sorry for being a nooby and I hate being "that" guy whose always asking "How do I go about installing that?" but.....how do I go about installing that? Flash in CWM recovery?

constantschange

Jan 2, 2011
I'm really really sorry for being a nooby and I hate being "that" guy whose always asking "How do I go about installing that?" but.....how do I go about installing that? Flash in CWM recovery?

Hehe, we were all there at one point, no worries man! I'm still learning :)

Download the zip file, rename it "bootanimation.zip" and move it to your data\local folder (overwriting the exisiting one).

I believe it's a little different if you're on a stock rooted ROM tho.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: bdaman80

I Am Stuck

Mar 13, 2011

Download the zip file, rename it "bootanimation.zip" and move it to your data\local folder (overwriting the exisiting one).

Thanks very much! Ya I'm using a stock rom so I'm going to have to move that elsewhere. I believe it was under system/customize/resource. I'm going to have to download this bad boy and find out! :D

Roland_D

Dec 26, 2010
Newton, NC
We are all noobs in something or something else... ;)

If you have the stock rom rename it ATT_bootanimation.zip and copy it in the folder system/customize/resource/

use ROOT EXPLORER and when you are in the folder above just push the Mount R/W button before you paste it...

And you should be all set...:D

Reactions: tweaked

Vandelay007

Aug 9, 2010
Boston, Ma
Will this work on an evo?

.........at 8 am today someone poisons the coffee....do not drink the coffee. More instructions will follow.

Cordially,
Future Dwight

Vandelay007

Aug 9, 2010
Boston, Ma
800x480

.........at 8 am today someone poisons the coffee....do not drink the coffee. More instructions will follow.

Cordially,
Future Dwight

TaterTot85

Mar 19, 2011
I am running android revolution rom, can i not just install zip from sd in recovery and do it?

KaLiBLeeK

Is there any way to modify this bootanimation so that the "quietly rooted" screen stays on until the lockscreen/OS show? On CM7, I get a black screen almost immediately after the "quietly rooted" text shows up, and then a few seconds later the lockscreen appears. I've started using the Android Scribble bootanimation for the time being, but I really prefer this one. Thanks in advance!

smalis

Sep 3, 2010
Love it. +1. But, because I also love the brilliant boot animation of TPC's optimized stock ROM, I ended up extracting the last frame from the zip and installing it as my splash screen, which works great.

I would like to add "with TPC optimized stock ROM" or some other language to the image, but can't quite match the "quietly rooted" font. Can you please tell me what font it is?

Mucho thanks.

Roland_D

Dec 26, 2010
Newton, NC
Well actually it isn't a font. "quietly brilliant" is really handwritten... I recreate the letters for "rooted" using the ones in the original line as models... what you ask could be done but its quietly a pain in the butt.... lolol

I suggest you to use a complete different font an add it like a sort of tag underneath the qr line...

Sent with pride from my Inspire 4G

Roland_D

Dec 26, 2010
Newton, NC
Is there any way to modify this bootanimation so that the "quietly rooted" screen stays on until the lockscreen/OS show? On CM7, I get a black screen almost immediately after the "quietly rooted" text shows up, and then a few seconds later the lockscreen appears. I've started using the Android Scribble bootanimation for the time being, but I really prefer this one. Thanks in advance!

mmm where did you place it? did you rename it as 'bootanimation.zip'?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found the gif of the HTC and the droid online and i edited "brilliant" turning in "rooted"...

The result is... quietly cool... :D

---------------WORKING DEVICES------------------

HTC Inspire 4G
    HTC Desire HD (duh!)
    HTC Evo
    HTC HD2
    HTC Thunderbolt
    HTC Hero
    HTC Wildfire
    Tmobile G2
    (if it works on your non-listed device please post it)

----------------INSTALLATION---------------------

If you use the Stock ROM rename it ATT_bootanimation.zip and copy it in the folder system/customize/resource/

If you use a custom ROM copy it in the folder data/local

If you use CyanogenMod7 ROM copy it in the folder system/media

----------------------------------------------------

VERSION 2.2 uploaded... Hope you guys like it!

Lighter and faster (still testing it... post comments please :) )

-------------------PREVIEW---------------------

quietly-rooted.gif

-------------------DOWLOAD---------------------

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION
    Quick update; my knowledge of how the bootanimation.zip structure works is still extremely limited, but I did learn that the .zip can't be compressed, which is why my earlier tweaks never worked. So working off of your bootanimation and the "Scribble Android" one, I threw this together; works perfectly for me, and I don't have a black screen between the bootanimation and the lockscreen (I had to duplicate the final png image quite a few times, haha). Thanks a bunch for the bootscreen, again. It's perfect.

We are all noobs in something or something else... ;)

If you have the stock rom rename it ATT_bootanimation.zip and copy it in the folder system/customize/resource/

use ROOT EXPLORER and when you are in the folder above just push the Mount R/W button before you paste it...

And you should be all set...:D
    I will run it and consider it for Phoenix Evolution.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

Great! I'm really looking forward to install PE :)

Sent from my Inspire 3G-and-a-tad running CM7