What you like/dislike about your phone.

Search This thread

panda_mode

Dec 21, 2011
Sacramento
If youre interested in HTC..people don't realize our one xl's system write was a little screwy but hboot 1.14 closed loop holes .. if you want any new HTC device most likely it will be like having hboot 1.14 limited system write... Unless they give us soff which is unlikely or someone finds soff software way not jtag

Oh I see. Yeah this is my first HTC device. Thanks for the useful info. I didn't understand why I had to downgrade my HBOOT just to flash a radio. It's really different from a Samsung

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

a box of kittens

Jan 24, 2013
san fran california
Oh I see. Yeah this is my first HTC device. Thanks for the useful info. I didn't understand why I had to downgrade my HBOOT just to flash a radio. It's really different from a Samsung

Yeah it definitely is a lot more easier on Samsung phones...but you have to weigh your pros and cons and I believe HTc phones outweigh the cons...but new HTC devices are bootloader unlocked from HTC dev which only doesn't let you flash kernels through recovery and other things

slojko

Oct 30, 2011
Edges of screen and ff camera are dust magnets

kevinksmith

May 10, 2012
Dislikes:
Restarting of apps
Non-removable battery
No extra storage

Had potential to uproot samsung if above dislikes were addressed

Oh, well.....

Braxton355

Feb 5, 2013
I've found that the front camera is HARD to get dust out of :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Drew489

Aug 21, 2010
New Hampshire
Like/Dislike

I've been using Android phones since the original G1 and mostly have been sticking with Samsung phones. Captivate, SII, Skyrocket...I had a few mistakes when I tried the Motorola Backflip...ew. And an iPhone or two...hated them.

Like:
Build quality
Screen size
Sense
GPS is much better than Samsung

Dislike:
1.14 sucks. I miss being able to download ROMs on the go and flash them while sitting in traffic.
Removable battery. I liked being able to have an extra battery or an extended battery. I might go with one of the skins that have an included battery though.
Removable storage. I also liked being able to throw a MicroSD card in.
Battery charging location. I HATE that it's on the side. Makes it a PITA when trying to put it in a dock or use it while it's plugged in ...especially if the charging cable is on your right...
No supported version of CWM

Probably going to go back to Samsung when I get a chance. I love this phone, it's very nice and elegant but Samsung phones are just more flash friendly, IMHO.

Great phone though.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
I've been using Android phones since the original G1 and mostly have been sticking with Samsung phones. Captivate, SII, Skyrocket...I had a few mistakes when I tried the Motorola Backflip...ew. And an iPhone or two...hated them.

Like:
Build quality
Screen size
Sense
GPS is much better than Samsung

Dislike:
1.14 sucks. I miss being able to download ROMs on the go and flash them while sitting in traffic.
Removable battery. I liked being able to have an extra battery or an extended battery. I might go with one of the skins that have an included battery though.
Removable storage. I also liked being able to throw a MicroSD card in.
Battery charging location. I HATE that it's on the side. Makes it a PITA when trying to put it in a dock or use it while it's plugged in ...especially if the charging cable is on your right...
No supported version of CWM

Probably going to go back to Samsung when I get a chance. I love this phone, it's very nice and elegant but Samsung phones are just more flash friendly, IMHO.

Great phone though.

No supported CWM? Dont get me wrong, I've never liked CWM , I've always used amonRA and now TWRP. I'm just curious though, you guys do have TWRP, don't you? Also, still no S-off for your device? :mad::screwy:

From my Evo LTE, yup.

Viper4713

Feb 7, 2013
That's depressing.

I thought the One X had gorilla glass, so does that mean gorilla glass is just hype? they make it sound like you can't scratch it lol

P.S. I know your a new member like me, but what is the OP next to your "Junior Member" sign, what does it mean?

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm on the fence about gorilla glass. It's strong... However my wife dropped her hox from about a foot off the floor and it completely shattered. Hardwood floor.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I like how when I wake up in the morning is has made me a nice golden brown waffle and a cup of the finest blend coffee.. yuuup.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
    Tell us what you like and dislike personally about your phone(not that there is a lot that you could dislike about this device), idc what it may be. Let us know how much you love or hate your HOX.

AND IF your gonna post telling me how much you hate the thread and that it's useless then honestly if it was useless you wouldn't of bothered opening it. So your comments will not be acknowledged.

I like the feel. The design is beautiful and striking (white HOX, particularly). The camera is of pretty good quality...most of the time. The screen is tops, imo (better than my Nexus 4, and slightly better than my iPhone 5). Rooted stock jelly bean ROM is a delight. It's fast and feature-packed. Battery life is among the best I've had with a smartphone. The battery is certainly comparable to that of the iPhone 5. I haven't had the opportunity to give them both a proper test of any sort, but maybe I'll do so when my nano-to-microSIM adapter comes in the mail.

I don't like the multitasking. I don't care what HTC or anyone else says, it's not "good" or "normal" in any sense of the term. If you disagree, you are wrong. Too much re-loading of things that should still be in memory. An extra gig of RAM and it would, I assume, be fixed and make this phone nearly perfect. Sense is invasive, yes, but it's not really that bad (aside from being a resource hog). I don't like the slight buzzing sound I get from haptic feedback. Neither my N4 nor my iPhone 5 have this buzzing to it. Power/lock button on the side would be preferable for me. My hands aren't humongous like those of (apparently) every other smartphone user, so it'd be easier to reach that way. It would be swell if the camera lens didn't protrude so much, but mine hasn't scratched yet so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

I'll add more as I think of it, I guess. Great phone. Not planning to sell this one. Well, at least not until development is dead :D
    Re: What you like about your phone :)

I normally wouldn't participate in such a thread to say just one word really so I'll write the rambling run on sentence to validate replying to myself but really other then the hella cool people that make up this one xl forum and don't chastise me for being "different" and holding the utmost patience with my some times pretty messed up mental state I would have to say that my favorite is the screen.

I normally wouldn't participate in such a thread to say just one word really so I'll write the rambling run on sentence to validate replying to myself but really other then the hella cool people that make up this one xl forum and don't chastise me for being "different" and holding the utmost patience with my some times pretty messed up mental state I would have to say that my favorite is the screen.

Hey someone's not high right now
    Can you post a Link to this Rom Please? I tried searching for it and only find a Droid DNA Rom

Dude its right there in the development section

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2