Search This thread

Azothyran

Aug 26, 2010
Kansas City Area
yeah, i guess i just assume since i've been doing all of this since 2009 that i was experienced enough. about all i've never done was mess with my cpu on account of never wanting to brick my phone accidentally. but i am far from a dev, so even experience makes me clueless to some things.

i reflashed the rom and things seem alot calmer now, so thanks for the info. if it keeps up i might have to switch to a different rom, tho part of me may die inside going back to sense.

It's okay to overclock your CPU, as long as the ROM you're using is stable. Overheating is usually caused by the processor being pegged, along with sensors in a "locked on" state...generally when the device has encountered a serious bug or when you play a game that really pushes the device's limits (like trying to play Dungeon Defenders and NOVA2 on a DroidX that can barely handle it :D)

I know what you mean about Sense, I think Vorbeth has spoiled all of us on AOSP!

Last edited:

mo976

Jun 17, 2008
Jerusalem Israel
There are not many differences now between Cyanogen & OpenSensation.

But, as for doing this alone, at first yes, but there are others who work on various bit's
They are all named in the OP under the thanks section.

At the point Cyanogen opened the device tree, it was a little behind OpenSensation.
You can see who has brought it up to date here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_pyramid,n,z

As you will see it's mainly me (Mark P) and intervigilium (Ethan Chen)
All commit's prior to https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/38e9cb46ae1e28ab94fe79b09e8adba6853eb018
were done prior to Cyanogen going public.
However that commit alone contains patches that both me and intervigilium has made to our own device tree's prior to that.

So to sum thing's up.
I will release a unoffcial Cyanogen build when both OpenSensation & Cyanogen are at the same state.
OpenSensation will be used as a testing platform prior to fixes being submitted to Cyanogen's source.

OpenSensation will also probably use a kernel that is the combined work of intervigilium and faux123
Where as Cyanogen will stick to using as close to stock as possible.
(Any major changes to thing's like drivers etc will be applied to both kernels)

I hope that clears up the differences between the two projects :)

Sounds good can't wait to install :)

Sent from my Pyramid using xda premium

lindahl85

Feb 9, 2011
Vetlanda
I did a full wipe now to see if that solves my problem with my homebutton but the phone stays at splash1. How can i get a logcat then?

lindahl85

Feb 9, 2011
Vetlanda
I did that but it said "waiting for device" so i made a nandroid restore instead. Full wipe solved the problem with home button but "system" must not be wiped.

runderekrun

Apr 28, 2009
Vorbeth,

I don't know if you noticed but socali posted a fix for multitouch issues on the VI rom. He replaced android.policy.jar in the framework. I have no idea if this will help you at all but here's his post.

http://goo.gl/6n9bR

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
Vorbeth,

I don't know if you noticed but socali posted a fix for multitouch issues on the VI rom. He replaced android.policy.jar in the framework. I have no idea if this will help you at all but here's his post.

http://goo.gl/6n9bR

We need source fixes.
I may reverse it and see if it can be added later.

miniudavid

Aug 5, 2011
Changelog:

30-03-12 - OpenSensation: (Will upload as soon as ISP restores connection)
  • Initial build from OpenSensation using android 4.0.4
  • Battery usage fixed
  • intervigilium/faux123 kernel with a trial fix for kernel wakelock ****DO NOT FLASH ANOTHER KERNEL****
  • thermald and mpdecision built into kernel ****DO NOT FLASH ANOTHER KERNEL****
  • Camcorder restored (720 and 1080p only)
  • Although torch toggle can be added to the drawer it does not work (Torch failed to build)

Is BT workin on that? I'm still on 28 and dont know if something was lost on its way..;) greetz

Sent from my Pyramid using XDA

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
Changelog:

30-03-12 - OpenSensation: (Will upload as soon as ISP restores connection)
  • Initial build from OpenSensation using android 4.0.4
  • Battery usage fixed
  • intervigilium/faux123 kernel with a trial fix for kernel wakelock ****DO NOT FLASH ANOTHER KERNEL****
  • thermald and mpdecision built into kernel ****DO NOT FLASH ANOTHER KERNEL****
  • Camcorder restored (720 and 1080p only)
  • Although torch toggle can be added to the drawer it does not work (Torch failed to build)

Is BT workin on that? I'm still on 28 and dont know if something was lost on its way..;) greetz

Sent from my Pyramid using XDA

• BT is working as far as I can tell.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

This thread is about OpenSensation and not about my kernel!!

Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    Known Bugs / Fixes
    • MHL doesn't works as expected
    • Bluetooth may not work perfectly on every device
    • Not compatible with SuperWipe.zip
      • Use 4EXT's full-wipe function
    • Your bug is not listed here?
    Difference between OpenSensation and CyanogenMod
    • we have 1080p, they don’t
    • we have OTA Updates, they don’t
    • we have PDroid patches included, they don’t
    • we have removed RomManger and Terminal Emulator (bloatware, still available in Play Store)
    USB-OTG
    The USB-OTG stuff is a little bit tricky. It looks like some Sensations have a self powered USB Host port which allows them to use an USB-Stick without external power. But most Sensation don’t have it.
    You need
    • USB-OTG y-cable (like this)
      • (or a normal USB-OTG cable if your attached device has it’s own power supply)
    • in case you’re using an USB-OTG y-cable you need an external power supply
      • I recommend you a mobile battery with a female USB-Port
    This ROM will mount the first partition of your attached device (fat32 & ntfs only!) to /mnt/usbdisk. If you wan’t to use more partitions/devices I recommend you to use Chainfire’s StickMount App
    Requirements
    • HTC Sensation (XE and 4G sould work, too)
    • custom Recovery (I recommend 4EXT)
    • 3.32 or 3.33 Firmware (ROM is tested with 3.32 firmware, so use 3.33 at your own risk!)
    • S-OFF (ROM should work without S-OFF, but you might need 4EXT’s SmartFlash to properly flash the boot.img)
    • SDCard
    Download
    FAQ
    • Can we have XYZ from Sense?
      • NO!
    • “Is there a way to have FM Radio?”
      • No, there is no way to build it from source. Try Spirit FM.
    Thanks & Credits
    • Vorbeth, intervigilium, elelinux and cretin45 (for bringing CM9 to the Sensation)
    • intervigilium, faux123 and showp1984 (for the kernel)
    • blahbl4hblah (for his tutorial to compile OpenSensation which brought me to where I am now)
    • aquariumsoft (for UpdateMe)
    • SebastianFM (for his USB-OTG patch)
    • pastime1971 (for the updated PDroid patches)
    • Slap me if I forgot to mention you :)
    Sources
    Removed as TamCore now has OP
    Small update for you all.
    I'm going to be stopping working on OS. Waiting 190 minutes for each compile just to test a small fix is getting too much.

I thank all those that previously donated, I was able to get a used q6600 PC, however that didn't last and the CPU fried. (Probably why I got it cheap was that is was on it's way out)

I've asked TamCore if he will take over on OpenSensation.

I have enjoyed the time I spent in doing this, however with work I don't have time to work on this during a week now, as the last few updates have shown working on it during the week, staying up while it compiles results in a few bug's.

The repo's as they are now do suffer from audio routing and I will try to re-port the routing fix over the next few day's, but that will be my last contribution.
    What's the current status of LPA?

In a few hours after I compile, it will be enabled & audio routing band-aided

leaving just bluetooth, mhl, full HW acceleration & a few wakelock issues to be fixed.

Hell, I started out on this laptop, so may as well finish on it.
    i'll stick around continuing to work on this for a while yet.

Guess I just got that pissed off waiting one night I thought "f**k it"
    I will continue until such a point that cm and my repos have exactly the same functions.