[ROM][4.2.2][7/21] AOKP :: jb-mr1 :: milestone-2 :: evita [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

franki_667

Oct 16, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][12/25][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP Jellybean 4.2.1 MR1 Release Preview 1.1

Not abandoned or posting elsewhere at all ;)
Had exams for the past week so I haven't been able to do anything dev related for the past 2 weeks or so. Midterms and SATs :p should be all over this Wednesday though and back into the normal swing of things.

Goodluck with it all mate

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

frostxinfinity

Jan 28, 2012
Rochester, NY
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][12/25][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP Jellybean 4.2.1 MR1 Release Preview 1.1

Thank you kindly rohan. Didn't mean to rush or beg, as I understand the rules. Just wanted to be sure. Hardcore follower of your work, that's all! ;)

Sent from my One X using xda premium

johnwayne007

Nov 25, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Not abandoned or posting elsewhere at all ;)
Had exams for the past week so I haven't been able to do anything dev related for the past 2 weeks or so. Midterms and SATs :p should be all over this Wednesday though and back into the normal swing of things.

So i was able to compile with working camera, but the recent apps key isnt set to menu key. If its ok with you for people who want to test it out before your official build I can upload it.

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
So i was able to compile with working camera, but the recent apps key isnt set to menu key. If its ok with you for people who want to test it out before your official build I can upload it.

Sure, go ahead! Thanks for doing that. To fix the recent apps key, replace this file in the CM device tree with the one linked below:

https://github.com/evita-mr1/androi...jb-mr1/keylayout/synaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl

I'll also have some time tomorrow (finally! exams are winding down :D) so I'll be posting some new builds for both this, plus some stuff I've been working on on the side :D

johnwayne007

Nov 25, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Sure, go ahead! Thanks for doing that. To fix the recent apps key, replace this file in the CM device tree with the one linked below:

https://github.com/evita-mr1/androi...jb-mr1/keylayout/synaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl

I'll also have some time tomorrow (finally! exams are winding down :D) so I'll be posting some new builds for both this, plus some stuff I've been working on on the side :D

Awesome, thanks! i figured that out right before you posted this, i also cherry picked the menu overflow option in ROMControl just in case. The build is done, and both the recent apps key and overflow option work!

Also, nice cant wait to see what you have in store for your next build!

Download Link

Last edited:

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro

Well well... Don't mind if I do :p

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro

Nooooooo please don't tell me there's no button remapping :(:(:(

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro

It works for me.

You can set longpress recent apps button to recent apps??

By default its short press apps button for menu, awesome.. But I have to long press home button for recent apps... Can I change this?

epm90

Jul 5, 2012
San Jose
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus

By default its short press apps button for menu, awesome.. But I have to long press home button for recent apps... Can I change this?

Same here. I just ended up using the navbar to set it up the way I want instead. But thanks for putting this out by the way

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

johnwayne007

Nov 25, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

CyanogenMod is the only rom other then sense and maybe some of The Kang roms that I know of that let you change the key layout. At least that i have noticed, unless the last MR1 RP did?

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro

CyanogenMod is the only rom other then sense and maybe some of The Kang roms that I know of that let you change the key layout. At least that i have noticed, unless the last MR1 RP did?

Dunno Lol... Didn't use the last build... I figured the remap works since it works in CM10.1.. Oh well I'll keep rocking it, I'm hoping I get used to it!

johnwayne007

Nov 25, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Dunno Lol... Didn't use the last build... I figured the remap works since it works in CM10.1.. Oh well I'll keep rocking it, I'm hoping I get used to it!

Ah ok. I was thinking I missed something, I'll look at it some and see if i can move that long press to the recent apps key.

Reactions: InflatedTitan

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro

Ah ok. I was thinking I missed something, I'll look at it some and see if i can move that long press to the recent apps key.

Man that would be awesome!!! Thanks for helping move things along. Awesome job on camera fix, I can't help but to think its a little more crisp on AOKP than CM10.1? Maybe its just me

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro

Reverted back to CM... Just found out my headphones wouldn't work... Deal breaker for me.. There are elements in this ROM that towers over CM as of now, once they get worked out I'm on this beast for sure... i.e. headphones, and being able to remap buttons are all I need to be on this 100%

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Reverted back to CM... Just found out my headphones wouldn't work... Deal breaker for me.. There are elements in this ROM that towers over CM as of now, once they get worked out I'm on this beast for sure... i.e. headphones, and being able to remap buttons are all I need to be on this 100%

Headphones don't work due to a cherry pick that john probably didn't add (its been buried on AOKP's gerrit)

My release should have this included.

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro

Headphones don't work due to a cherry pick that john probably didn't add (its been buried on AOKP's gerrit)

My release should have this included.

Thanks for the heads up rohan, even more excited now lol. Awesome work guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
    83.png
    [/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Device: evita (HTC One XL)[/font]

81.png
    [/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]» Installation is simple:[/font]
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot
    78.png
    [/font]

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png
    [/font]

builds[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: [/font]http://aokp.co/devices/evita
    gapps[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: [/font]http://goo.im/gapps/...0301-signed.zip[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] - b7e53e96e1c8b1a1c4865bf29418c8e0[/font]

82.png
    [/font]

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » SOURCE on AOKP.co

79.png
    [/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.[/font]
    » Donation options on AOKP.co

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Enjoy![/font][font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font]
    Some more good news coming off the S-OFF from yesterday; we just got merged into AOKP's source! :) So next Build 4 will be official from aokp.co!
    Regarding the 3.4 kernel

Another person on these forums felt it was necessary to post the 3.4 kernel the entire CM team has been working on for the past 2-3 months.

I wasn't trying to post 3.4 kernel builds here because it isn't ready yet. I wanted to avoid the mass influx of "ZOMG WEN R TEH 3.4 KERNELZ COMING?!?!" PMs which were already coming at a pretty fast rate. Looks like that won't be happening though.

That person also neglected to post information as per whose work it was, which angers me a lot. That's a different story for a different time, however.

Regarding the 3.4 kernel in AOKP and CyanogenMod; I won't be posting builds here for you guys to use with 3.4 until its "ready". It isn't released yet by one of the people working on it or myself because we feel like it isn't ready. Lots of issues under the hood of the kernel aren't working properly, which leads to a very poor user experience. I promise you that at the moment, the 3.4 kernel could not be your daily driver. Please do not PM or message me in IRC about posting AOKP or CM builds with the 3.4 kernel. Like I said, there is a reason they have not been posted yet.

You want to use the 3.4 kernel? Fine by me, go ahead and use it. But please, don't come crying to myself or a CM dev about how XXX isn't working. It wasn't released by us for a reason.

I assure you that the CM team is pushing hard for the 3.4 kernel. That's the main priority right now, since getting to 3.4 will be a huge accomplishment. Just sit tight and please don't bug me, h8rift, or any other CM dev about when 3.4 will be ready.

Thanks,
    Rohan

EDIT: Also, note: DO NOT under any circumstances try to use that 3.4 kernel with another ROM. It will most probably brick your device since the headers are not updated for these ROMs to work with the 3.4 kernel. Yet another reason why I wasn't posting 3.4 builds.
    Don't worry... you guys will be getting 4.3 AOKP very soon, as soon as AOKP stabilizes its 4.3 source :)

I was focusing on CM since they had their ROM up and running first so that I could focus on hardware functionality. AOKP is next :) I'll be trying to help bringup features and stuff to 4.3 and then we should be seeing the first few 4.3 builds quite soon.
    Evita is now up!

Grab it officially from http://aokp.co/release-jb-mr1-build-4/

Enjoy!