Google Glass is a Mess... I redesigned the interface (Concept Video))

Search This thread

Alpha06

Dec 12, 2010
Hey everyone. I've been using Glass for a few weeks now. It's a new type of device with an amazing amount of potential. Unfortunately, some aspects of it are a frustrating mess.

I created a concept video, and "redesigned" major aspects of the interface which can enable Glass to become "consumer-friendly." These changes have the potential to greatly increase usability across all users, including the handicapped, imo.

End notes:

Some people will still prefer the current timeline system :smileyhappy: and that's cool!

For me, this not just about sharing-it's about quickly finding stuff which Google is known for...

I'm in NYC, finding a music track in the subway is a PAIN with the current interface. I have to scroll the entire timeline. The songs are stored locally once you play them, but "listen to" is deactivated with no data signal. If the interface was built something like this, I'd just navigate by touch or voice to music, select an album/offline songs, and play them :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Alpha06

Dec 12, 2010
Looks pretty cool :D

Not sure if I like it to display heaps and heaps on one tiny screen though

Thanks Brendo. That is definitely a valid concern! 6 thumbnails per page is pushing it, I got a bit carried away.

I tested 4 using a mock image displayed on my glass unit, and it was super readable and a lot less cluttered :)

Cheers.

Brendo

Thanks Brendo. That is definitely a valid concern! 6 thumbnails per page is pushing it, I got a bit carried away.

I tested 4 using a mock image displayed on my glass unit, and it was super readable and a lot less cluttered :)

Cheers.
I'm all for fitting as much as I can on a single screen. I know that I (and i'm sure others) at times struggle with writing that is too small

Nice work regardless

Reactions: Alpha06

tech.central

Jul 7, 2012
great idea

Cheers.

Yupp that was my only criticism also (6 thumbs is too many) but other than that great concept!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone. I've been using Glass for a few weeks now. It's a new type of device with an amazing amount of potential. Unfortunately, some aspects of it are a frustrating mess.

I created a concept video, and "redesigned" major aspects of the interface which can enable Glass to become "consumer-friendly." These changes have the potential to greatly increase usability across all users, including the handicapped, imo.

End notes:

Some people will still prefer the current timeline system :smileyhappy: and that's cool!

For me, this not just about sharing-it's about quickly finding stuff which Google is known for...

I'm in NYC, finding a music track in the subway is a PAIN with the current interface. I have to scroll the entire timeline. The songs are stored locally once you play them, but "listen to" is deactivated with no data signal. If the interface was built something like this, I'd just navigate by touch or voice to music, select an album/offline songs, and play them :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Cheers.
    I'm all for fitting as much as I can on a single screen. I know that I (and i'm sure others) at times struggle with writing that is too small

Nice work regardless
    Have you actually implemented these changes? If so do you have a code-base somewhere that someone could download and try?