[ROM][OFFICIAL][BETA][9.0]crDroid Pie for Xiaomi Redmi 4A [TREBLE]

Search This thread

muralivijay

Nov 30, 2014
tiruchirapalli
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

Note This Rom Only For Xiaomi Redmi 4A A.K.A (rolex) .

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. Based on LineageOS with extra goodies.

Welcome to the new beginning! This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of PIE for Redmi 4A. Sincere thanks to LineageOS team for the rom base sources.

These are BETA builds. They aim to serve base for feature addition. If you face any force close, you need to provide log to get it resolved. Make sure to keep eye on this post and latest discussions in this topic to help yourself.

Features
Click for feature list

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Double tap to wake-up
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS
  • Volte (First Sim slot only)

Known issues:
  • stock Camera app not good for daily use
  • Sim card settings reset every Reboot

Downloads :

Flashing Instruction :

• Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!
    [*]First time installing crDroid to your Redmi 4A, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery ( TWRP) Treble supported
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, dalvik cache , vendor & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    8) Flash gapps
    9) Boot up

[*]Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.
    You need to flash GApps every-time you flash the ROM.
Don't expect any support if you:
  • are not running the included kernel
  • have installed any mods such as Xposed!
  • have modified system files

Follow us on crDroid G+ community
Join our official telegram group of rolex : Click Here To Join

XDA:DevDB Information
Crdroid-pie, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 4a

Contributors
muralivijay, RiteshSaxena , haran2003
Source Code: https://github.com/muralivijay/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8917.git

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Miui Nougat
Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
Current Beta Version: V5.0
Beta Release Date: 2018-10-04

Created 2018-10-05
Last Updated 2018-10-05

Attachments

• photo6176811065489336400.jpg
    photo6176811065489336400.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,692
  • photo6176972079518296273.jpg
    photo6176972079518296273.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,681
  • photo6176811065489336401.jpg
    photo6176811065489336401.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,690
  • photo6179320447376664710.jpg
    photo6179320447376664710.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,612
  • photo6176972079518296270.jpg
    photo6176972079518296270.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 1,644
  • photo6176972079518296272.jpg
    photo6176972079518296272.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,625
  • photo6179320447376664707.jpg
    photo6179320447376664707.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,619
  • photo6176972079518296271.jpg
    photo6176972079518296271.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,554

Axident1973

Sep 22, 2012
Zruč nad Sázavou
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Hi, thanks, but I have one big question, because weeks and weeks i don´t know answer and solutions!
When I have Redmi 3, flashed custom ROM every week with classic TWRP and everything working fine, but now, with rolex 4A, every custom Oreo and Pie ROM, excluded ResurrectionRemix (it is interesting), broke after flash sensors gyroscope and accelerometr (display not rotate!) and sensors tool apk said "No service". Only one solution, how fix it is EDL flash with fastboot ROM in MiFlash on PC, it is only way, how full repair sensors (not working with fastboot mode in miFlash, only EDL!). For me not working delete file from persist folder.
Is somebody, who know reason, why is it?
Is necessary using some different TWRP or doing something another?
Because I don´t see here much another users with this problem and its very exhausting every flash must return to MIUI in EDL mode on PC. With every ROm I hope, but result is the same :(
(but With resurrection remix working rotation correctly! Why?
Thanks for answers.

SalvoP73

Sep 17, 2018
Thank you for this awesome ROM: it works very fine! Reading mode tile, Gcam woks, good signal strenght, battery life, notification lights, only works very well form me. Little error: I have an internal error message, when turn on the device and UI is loaded, but it has no effect on the operation of the phone.

Reactions: Piyush_patel

smurfisrael03

Sep 26, 2018
Kolkata
Tested Cr-Droid
  • Unstable Mobile Network
  • Too much battery consumption
  • Camera is too bad, Gcam not working
  • Notification details not visible when using Amoled Wallpaper(Deep Grey)
  • Charging Icon even after charge is removed.

Please Fix these, Rest everything is Amazing, from Ad-block to the customization and the internal apps , No more Spaces in status bar :)

Reactions: LoneW01F
May 29, 2017
pixel launcher stutters when scrolling through the app drawer. other modded pixel launchers (ex lawnchair) also exhibits that behavior

Last edited:

Paul T

Sep 20, 2018
This rom runs really well for me and now that the 25/10 build allows the camera to save to SD card that's even better. The only thing I noticed when taking photos and videos and they save to the SD card is, they save to a folder called org.lineageos.snap which creates itself in Android > data folder and doesn't send the photos or videos to the camera folder. In turn when opening the gallery the photos or videos now in the org.lineageos.snap folder don't appear, but strangely when viewing the photos from the camera app itself you can view the photo in gallery. I experimented with moving and deleting the org.lineageos.snap folder, but when the camera is open it says it cannot read the path to SD card, so the camera seems to rely on the org.lineageos.snap folder being on the SD card

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

Note This Rom Only For Xiaomi Redmi 4A A.K.A (rolex) .

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. Based on LineageOS with extra goodies.

Welcome to the new beginning! This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of PIE for Redmi 4A. Sincere thanks to LineageOS team for the rom base sources.

These are BETA builds. They aim to serve base for feature addition. If you face any force close, you need to provide log to get it resolved. Make sure to keep eye on this post and latest discussions in this topic to help yourself.

Features
    Click for feature list

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Double tap to wake-up
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte (First Sim slot only)

Known issues:
    • stock Camera app not good for daily use
    • Sim card settings reset every Reboot

Downloads :

Flashing Instruction :

• Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!
      [*]First time installing crDroid to your Redmi 4A, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery ( TWRP) Treble supported
      1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
      2) Boot into Recovery
      3) Wipe cache, system, dalvik cache , vendor & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
      4) Flash ROM
      8) Flash gapps
      9) Boot up

[*]Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
      The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.
      You need to flash GApps every-time you flash the ROM.
    Don't expect any support if you:
    • are not running the included kernel
    • have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    • have modified system files

Follow us on crDroid G+ community
    Join our official telegram group of rolex : Click Here To Join

XDA:DevDB Information
    Crdroid-pie, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 4a

Contributors
    muralivijay, RiteshSaxena , haran2003
    Source Code: https://github.com/muralivijay/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8917.git

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Miui Nougat
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: V5.0
    Beta Release Date: 2018-10-04

Created 2018-10-05
    Last Updated 2018-10-05
    Is there any solution for device decryption unsuccessful error im also getting this error other Pie roms as well. :crying:

Dose the phone ask you for pattern on boot ?
    If yes, go to TWRP -> Wipe -> Format data
    Then type yes
    Is there any solution for device decryption unsuccessful error im also getting this error other Pie roms as well. :crying:
    Thank you for this awesome ROM: it works very fine! Reading mode tile, Gcam woks, good signal strenght, battery life, notification lights, only works very well form me. Little error: I have an internal error message, when turn on the device and UI is loaded, but it has no effect on the operation of the phone.