[App] paint.net 3.01

Search This thread

nakijun

Dec 31, 2008
Paint.NET does work on my Surface RT.

i re-compiled Paint.NET source code 3.01 with Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 and removed some extra files.
Paint.NET supports 7 languages translations, you can change language at 'Help' -> 'Language' Sub Menu.

you can download zip file for Paint.NET 3.01 Windows.RT tested.

i'm new user of this thread, i can't write url direct.
please visit bellow url with internet browser.

dudusoft.co.kr/paintnet

Last edited:

lloydo

Jul 29, 2013
I've attached your binaries and the ones I've built from http://code.google.com/p/openpdn/

Thanks for the port!!! Great tool!

Cheers!

Thanks to both of you! :good:

I wasn't able to get 3.36 going, I received this error:
Paint.NET has detected that some important installation files are missing. If you click the Repair button it will attempt to repair this and then continue loading.

The missing files are: FileTypes\DdsFileType.dll

Anyone have the courage to contact Rick Brewster, the author? He is bringing out version 4.0 soon which has improved performance, so it could run quite nicely on our RT computers. Previously, he has declined any requests to do with the source, but he recently got a Surface tablet so perhaps his opinion could be swayed. However, he does work for Microsoft...

phailyoor

May 17, 2012
www.hiddencreeksoftware.com
Thanks to both of you! :good:

I wasn't able to get 3.36 going, I received this error:

Anyone have the courage to contact Rick Brewster, the author? He is bringing out version 4.0 soon which has improved performance, so it could run quite nicely on our RT computers. Previously, he has declined any requests to do with the source, but he recently got a Surface tablet so perhaps his opinion could be swayed. However, he does work for Microsoft...

The native code library is what's keeping it from running. Unless that gets ported by the original author there's no chance.

It seems he has a surface pro, so I'm not sure that would really increase his interest in RT. I guess there's no harm in asking though.

TheExileFox

Nov 21, 2013
There is a feature missing unfortunately.

Normally i'm able to select the behavior of the selection tools; Add, Remove, Invert XOR, Replace (default)

This option does not exist and it's a pretty big loss for me :(

aq3e

Nov 10, 2008
"This app can't run on you pc" notepad++ and a few others wondering why this wont

hamed7ir

Feb 15, 2017
does anyone have newer paint.net version for rt?

Edit1:I just change time to 2013 and now 3.36 work and I install psd plugin on that
but didnt work

Last edited:

wvladimirs

May 15, 2021
Question, is there any place to find surface rt app, beside the store? like a repository. thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Paint.NET does work on my Surface RT.

i re-compiled Paint.NET source code 3.01 with Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 and removed some extra files.
    Paint.NET supports 7 languages translations, you can change language at 'Help' -> 'Language' Sub Menu.

you can download zip file for Paint.NET 3.01 Windows.RT tested.

i'm new user of this thread, i can't write url direct.
    please visit bellow url with internet browser.

dudusoft.co.kr/paintnet
    attached

I've attached your binaries and the ones I've built from http://code.google.com/p/openpdn/

Thanks for the port!!! Great tool!

Cheers!