[ROM][4.0.4]Shifty Bastard v2.1 - MotoBlur'd DS-Port *Team S.W.a.R.M.*

Search This thread

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
If SmurfMod had a one night stand with MotoBlur, you'd have a:

SHIFTY BASTARD

This a mashup of SmurfMod9, JB, and MotoBlur with some extras thrown in. CM9 based. Any positive feedback/suggestions is appreciated. A port from the Shift but not really, I find it easier to build over a base the way I did when I made the original.. It worked on JellyBelly, so it should work on this ROM as well. I DO NOT OWN AN EVO, but am glad to help where I can.

ROM FEATURES:

-4.2 JB Camera with photosphere
-4.2 JB Keyboard with swipe gestures
-Noozy and Noozxoide SoundMod
-MotoBlur Clock widget
-Allshare
-Facebook Contact Sync
-Task Manager
-Beats Audio
-Moto Inspired theme built in
-Google Ears sound search
-Sony XLoud and Bravia engine
-SuperSU
-MotoBlur Launcher
-Seeder Integrated
-v6 SuperCharged
-SPEED
-GApps
-A2SD
-Flash and find out (you won't be disappointed)

*Note- Smurf Packs and addons should work but have not been tested.

Changelog:

*v2.0 - MotoBlur'd
-modified build.prop to work with v6
-switched direction to MotoBlur
-MotoBlur launcher and clock
-debloated
-added v6, kickass kernelizer, and seeder to init.d
-added a few apps
-polishing

Known Issues:

-4G- hot reboots- please don't ask
-SmurfMod settings force close (not implemented yet)
-I borked Voice Search, delete it and download from Play Store or use a backup.

This last issue is being corrected as we speak.
(4G works, just not the 4G Only button)

Installation Instructions:

1. Download ROM
2. Place ROM on sd
3. Reboot into Recovery
4. Make a nand
5. Wipe at least three times
6. Wipe dalvik cache
7. Install ROM from sd
8. Reboot and enjoy

Thanks

*PapaSmurf151- for letting me use his ROM in this mashup
*megaghostgamer
*Mazda
*lreyes
*BigSplit
*LOTK
*Team DIRT
*Team RemICS
*NITRO_100
*rgsgroup2005
*kushdeck

Disclaimer: You are responsible for your own actions

Special Thanks & ROM History

Team S.W.a.R.M. would like to send a shout out and VERY Special Thanks to bilgerryan for his tireless work in the development of this ROM. Without him, NONE of this would have been possible.
I ported this with his permission from this EVO 4G Thread which I visit from time to time. That's when I discovered that he had actually ported it to there from the EVO Shift. That Original Thread can be found HERE. Please visit both to familiarize yourself with it's history & nuances and while you're there drop the man a big THANK YOU in the box for him and his work that we are all now using.

Thank You....... bilgerryan

SHIFTY BASTARD v2.1 - MotoBlur'd DS-Port

Uninstall & Reinstall This File in Play Store to Replace Bad Voice Search in Original ROM.....

Com.Google.VoiceSearch.apk

This Install Will Add The Unique LG 3.0 Launcher to ShiftyBastard's Motoblur'd Launcher

SHIFTY BASTARD v2.1 - MotoBlur'd DS-Port + LG 3.0 Launcher

Last edited:

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
Screenies ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-15-14-59-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-15-14-59-08.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 638
  • Screenshot_2013-01-15-14-59-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-15-14-59-37.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 620
  • Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-00-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-00-03.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 579
  • Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-00-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-00-35.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 552
  • Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-01-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-01-27.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 533
  • Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-02-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-02-44.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 532
  • Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-03-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-03-14.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 532
  • Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-04-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-04-25.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 507
  • Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-05-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-05-54.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 491
  • Screenshot_2013-01-16-03-49-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-16-03-49-02.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Yes it is. ICS 4.0.4 running CM 3.0.48r7b kernel. Overclockable, themeable....everything we've grown to love & expect from ICS.

I'm still getting mine all settled in. I may see what's up with the smurf tweaks cause the original dev is actually a mod for the EVO Shift and them guys know me pretty well over there to say the least.

Papasmurf has it posted that he knows they force close and he has a reason for it. IMHO he may not be done with them and don't want a half usable tweaks section, or he just isn't releasing everything he has at once. Which even I do that.

I went ahead with setup wizard on boot instead of the provisioning option but that's because I don't have phone service, and still the bars show an X for me. It don't bother me because Google Voice and GrooveIP give me what I need and that's next to nothing lol.

*Dissing Motorola Below*Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the port*

The MoTo launcher has a cool app drawer and everything but lacks in settings. The dock seemed huge and spaced funny, I don't know how Motorola was happy with it.

*Back to the port*

Everything that I have needed as an option has been met, no lockups or random reboots.

One last thing I noticed about my work lol, I thought that I made all edits needed to kill the KB lights when the Keyboard was closed...but I didn't, that's an edit I'm not familiar with so ill be hitting matt up cause having all these ports from non KB phones is where it starts lol

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
My key lights are tied perfectly together per the light sensor but until you said something I hadn't noticed the KB was staying lit whenever the exterior keys were.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
I'm still getting mine all settled in. I may see what's up with the smurf tweaks cause the original dev is actually a mod for the EVO Shift and them guys know me pretty well over there to say the least.

Papasmurf has it posted that he knows they force close and he has a reason for it. IMHO he may not be done with them and don't want a half usable tweaks section, or he just isn't releasing everything he has at once. Which even I do that.

I went ahead with setup wizard on boot instead of the provisioning option but that's because I don't have phone service, and still the bars show an X for me. It don't bother me because Google Voice and GrooveIP give me what I need and that's next to nothing lol.

The MoTo launcher has a cool app drawer and everything but lacks in settings. The dock seemed huge and spaced funny, I don't know how Motorola was happy with it.

*Back to the port*

Everything that I have needed as an option has been met, no lockups or random reboots.

One last thing I noticed about my work lol, I thought that I made all edits needed to kill the KB lights when the Keyboard was closed...but I didn't, that's an edit I'm not familiar with so ill be hitting matt up cause having all these ports from non KB phones is where it starts lol

The SmurfTweaks in settings fc cause PapaSmurf never implemented them. He was going to but then his EVO died and he moved on to the SGS3. Yeah I think the dock is a little big too, it almost cuts off the clock. Other than that and no settings it works well tho, I do like the contacts widget a lot tho and if you swipe down it opens your favorites up over top... You guys have working 4G? I'm jealous.:thumbup:

Last edited:

mattlowry

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Valley View, TX

*Back to the port*

not sure about ics but in jb in integers there is a line that says "lidnavigationacessibility" its default is 0 which means opening the lid has no effect on the keyboard. if you set the value to 1 it says the keyboard is accessible only when the lid is open. that is what we need!:highfive:

Reactions: bilgerryan

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
not sure about ics but in jb in integers there is a line that says "lidnavigationacessibility" its default is 0 which means opening the lid has no effect on the keyboard. if you set the value to 1 it says the keyboard is accessible only when the lid is open. that is what we need!:highfive:

Yeah I didn't even look for that at all. Never edited it either so maybe my recent framework changes all need a once over. I'm not home to check it or anything but once I get home I can look for it before I settle in the study.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer

I hope it is that way on ICS cuz we have the same problem on the Shift.:beer: Good find!

Last edited:

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Do you guys have a working cm10? I can port my Jelly Bean ROM over if you do... No offense to Team SWaRM but that is my baby and I would rather do that one myself.
Here's the thread if you wanna check it out:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024749

Yeah that's how we have all these JellyBean ports. It's 2 threads down official CM10. I use the alpha of 1 as base because of the kernel, and using that as base has less bugs. Framework should be fine, but may need to tweak the lights some. Hit me up on gtalk tomorrow if you need some guidance on our device.

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
OH yes. A really nice, smooth one as a matter of fact. HERE you go!
I'd much rather see you do it anyway. IT's your baby ya know! :good: All I know is we'd enjoy the crap outta running it over here. DO IT TO IT! ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If SmurfMod had a one night stand with MotoBlur, you'd have a:

SHIFTY BASTARD

This a mashup of SmurfMod9, JB, and MotoBlur with some extras thrown in. CM9 based. Any positive feedback/suggestions is appreciated. A port from the Shift but not really, I find it easier to build over a base the way I did when I made the original.. It worked on JellyBelly, so it should work on this ROM as well. I DO NOT OWN AN EVO, but am glad to help where I can.

ROM FEATURES:

-4.2 JB Camera with photosphere
    -4.2 JB Keyboard with swipe gestures
    -Noozy and Noozxoide SoundMod
    -MotoBlur Clock widget
    -Allshare
    -Facebook Contact Sync
    -Task Manager
    -Beats Audio
    -Moto Inspired theme built in
    -Google Ears sound search
    -Sony XLoud and Bravia engine
    -SuperSU
    -MotoBlur Launcher
    -Seeder Integrated
    -v6 SuperCharged
    -SPEED
    -GApps
    -A2SD
    -Flash and find out (you won't be disappointed)

*Note- Smurf Packs and addons should work but have not been tested.

Changelog:

*v2.0 - MotoBlur'd
    -modified build.prop to work with v6
    -switched direction to MotoBlur
    -MotoBlur launcher and clock
    -debloated
    -added v6, kickass kernelizer, and seeder to init.d
    -added a few apps
    -polishing

Known Issues:

-4G- hot reboots- please don't ask
    -SmurfMod settings force close (not implemented yet)
    -I borked Voice Search, delete it and download from Play Store or use a backup.

This last issue is being corrected as we speak.
    (4G works, just not the 4G Only button)

Installation Instructions:

1. Download ROM
    2. Place ROM on sd
    3. Reboot into Recovery
    4. Make a nand
    5. Wipe at least three times
    6. Wipe dalvik cache
    7. Install ROM from sd
    8. Reboot and enjoy

Thanks

*PapaSmurf151- for letting me use his ROM in this mashup
    *megaghostgamer
    *Mazda
    *lreyes
    *BigSplit
    *LOTK
    *Team DIRT
    *Team RemICS
    *NITRO_100
    *rgsgroup2005
    *kushdeck

Disclaimer: You are responsible for your own actions

Special Thanks & ROM History

Team S.W.a.R.M. would like to send a shout out and VERY Special Thanks to bilgerryan for his tireless work in the development of this ROM. Without him, NONE of this would have been possible.
    I ported this with his permission from this EVO 4G Thread which I visit from time to time. That's when I discovered that he had actually ported it to there from the EVO Shift. That Original Thread can be found HERE. Please visit both to familiarize yourself with it's history & nuances and while you're there drop the man a big THANK YOU in the box for him and his work that we are all now using.

Thank You....... bilgerryan

SHIFTY BASTARD v2.1 - MotoBlur'd DS-Port

Uninstall & Reinstall This File in Play Store to Replace Bad Voice Search in Original ROM.....

Com.Google.VoiceSearch.apk

This Install Will Add The Unique LG 3.0 Launcher to ShiftyBastard's Motoblur'd Launcher

SHIFTY BASTARD v2.1 - MotoBlur'd DS-Port + LG 3.0 Launcher
    The scene was dead but Team SWARM is blowing up the Slide's Dev Forum!

Two new builds to test out! You guys rock :good:
    Looks good, thanks for spreading the work and the love. Go Team SWaRM!
    nice job!!!! we created a monster!!!!