Diztronic matte case.. and Spigen HD Ultra Crystal Screen Protectors..

Search This thread

tri0xinn

Jul 11, 2008
Just thought I'd give my 2 cents on these.. I just applied the Ultra Crystal Spigen screen protector and yes they are ultra clear.. other than barely being able to see the edges around the perimeter they are undetectable. Exactly what I was looking for.. I stopped using screen protectors because they always compromised in some way the quality of the screen and I've tried a few of the most popular.. these are fantastic.. 2 for $13 and pretty darn easy to apply. The only down side from the reviews I had watched was they are harder to clean off fingerprints than the glass.
Also I received the Diztronic matte finish super thin case.. it's slightly soft and has the matte finish. I believe this is the thinnest best case that will give a decent amount of drop protection.. definitely not the greatest protection but way better than a naked phone. $9 on amazon. It seems really good quality .. the cutouts are bevelled smooth . I really like the feel of it and it barely wraps around the bezel.. so it doesn't mess with the screen protector.. which I was slightly worried about.

Attachments

• 20130920_191749.jpg
    20130920_191749.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 3,254
  • 20130920_191939.jpg
    20130920_191939.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 3,221
  • 20130920_192009.jpg
    20130920_192009.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 2,992
  • 20130920_192022.jpg
    20130920_192022.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 2,700
  • 20130920_192350.jpg
    20130920_192350.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 2,457
  • 20130920_192447.jpg
    20130920_192447.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 2,166

kyler13

Jul 1, 2010
I have had a diztronic case of the same type on my Galaxy Nexus for the past year and a half and I love it. I'm dying here waiting for the Verizon G2 version to release.

o0adam0o

Apr 6, 2007
I have the same brand on my current phone and love it.

I'm considering this case but I'm a bit skeptical. It appears to have a thicker area around the edges... Kinda like a bumper. Is this true? Does the front of the case cover any of the screen?

As far as the back.. It looks like the buttons are a bit deeper down because of the case. Does this make the buttons any harder to push while holding with 1 hand?

Thanks for posting this BTW

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

tri0xinn

Jul 11, 2008
I have the same brand on my current phone and love it.

I'm considering this case but I'm a bit skeptical. It appears to have a thicker area around the edges... Kinda like a bumper. Is this true? Does the front of the case cover any of the screen?

As far as the back.. It looks like the buttons are a bit deeper down because of the case. Does this make the buttons any harder to push while holding with 1 hand?

Thanks for posting this BTW

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

nope.. the lip where it comes over the front of the screen doesn't cover any of the screen.. it only covers the very tiny bezel surrounding the screen. As far as the buttons on the back.. they are a bit deeper down because of the case but it actually makes it easier to find them.. your fingers just drop right down in where they are and it doesn't effect pushing them at all that I've noticed. After a couple days with the phone and a day with case and screen protector I'm feeling pretty darn good about the whole deal... like I'm done. Well.. till the lg g3 comes out :good:

phab3k

Jun 2, 2013
will this fit the AT&T version of the LG G2? mine is in the mail right now.

Dchibro

Jul 28, 2011
San Diego, CA
I believe this is different. AT&T has a microphone near the camera and this case doesn't have the cut out. I believe they are making one for AT&T.

Yeah you can see from the OP's pics that it doesn't have a cutout of the tiny mic hole on the rear casing of the AT&T version. This case is definitely on my watch list, although I have a Poetic Palette on it right now and really appreciate the minimal bulk it adds while offering basic scratch/ding protection and a better grip. So right now it's either keep the Poetic, an Incipio Feather once they're available, or this case once it's available for AT&T. That's where my thoughts are right now anyways.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just thought I'd give my 2 cents on these.. I just applied the Ultra Crystal Spigen screen protector and yes they are ultra clear.. other than barely being able to see the edges around the perimeter they are undetectable. Exactly what I was looking for.. I stopped using screen protectors because they always compromised in some way the quality of the screen and I've tried a few of the most popular.. these are fantastic.. 2 for $13 and pretty darn easy to apply. The only down side from the reviews I had watched was they are harder to clean off fingerprints than the glass.
    Also I received the Diztronic matte finish super thin case.. it's slightly soft and has the matte finish. I believe this is the thinnest best case that will give a decent amount of drop protection.. definitely not the greatest protection but way better than a naked phone. $9 on amazon. It seems really good quality .. the cutouts are bevelled smooth . I really like the feel of it and it barely wraps around the bezel.. so it doesn't mess with the screen protector.. which I was slightly worried about.