AplhaRev X Help & Support

Search This thread
Jan 28, 2011
Hey everybody,

I'm opening this thread as a support tool for AplhaRev X.

I'm going to go first with my problem.

Phone gets detected, Beta key accepted and then I get to aquiring root.....

And that seems to be as far as I can get. I just seem to get stuck there.

Firstly I did it using Windows 7, which tells you to wait up to 15 mins and I went over this period. I did a factory reset on phone and tried again with the same result

I've just tried the Linux version on Ubuntu, again with the same result.

I've been connected as charge only, usb debugging turned on.

Currently running eclair 1.37 WWE but with hboot 1.01.0002 after several downgrades/upgrades attempting to root my phone. I am also using a goldcard and a modded misc image.

Why am I getting stuck at this point? Do I need to flash 2.2 first? Do I need to format sdcard or something?

Thanks

Mipery

Apr 3, 2011
Im kind of new to android and I would love to try this, but could some1 please first post or link me a guide wich tells me what to do after this alpharev X's s-off, if i would like to install cyanogenmod (and i guess clockwordmod recovery needs to be installed too)?

Hooda_mask

May 23, 2010
Suez
When i Run It

It Says That
Rebooting to fastboot (again)...
Waiting for fastboot...
FAILED - Go have some lemonade!
Press (almost) any key to exit.

unled1qu.png

Helllllllllllllllllllllp

Reactions: technolust109
Jan 28, 2011
Problem Solved

Sorted,

Upgraded to Froyo which downgraded Hboot from 1.01.0002 to 1.01.0001,
redownloaded for hboot 1.01.0001 ran it and instant success.

Well done AlphaRev, its fantastic what you have achieved.

Theres a donation coming your way (not till payday though)

Hey everybody,

I'm opening this thread as a support tool for AplhaRev X.

I'm going to go first with my problem.

Phone gets detected, Beta key accepted and then I get to aquiring root.....

And that seems to be as far as I can get. I just seem to get stuck there.

Firstly I did it using Windows 7, which tells you to wait up to 15 mins and I went over this period. I did a factory reset on phone and tried again with the same result

I've just tried the Linux version on Ubuntu, again with the same result.

I've been connected as charge only, usb debugging turned on.

Currently running eclair 1.37 WWE but with hboot 1.01.0002 after several downgrades/upgrades attempting to root my phone. I am also using a goldcard and a modded misc image.

Why am I getting stuck at this point? Do I need to flash 2.2 first? Do I need to format sdcard or something?

Thanks

nejodagreat

Jun 19, 2011
Is there anything else that I need beside AlphaRev X software? Because I run the software and connect the phone and it says "Waiting for device...". I left it for ten minutes and it still didn't detect my phone. Also, I have enabled USB debugging and selected "Charge only" mode when connected to PC. Am I doing something wrong?
Also note that I don't know a lot about flashing.
Thanks in advance

B

bx19

@dannyjmcguinness
good to see it solved. Issue maybe due to gingerbreak supporting froyo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Hooda_mask

What is ur os version. Have u downgraded to eclair without downgrading hboot (there is a process actually).
Maybe u also need the unrevoked hboot drivers. Uninstall htc sync if present.
http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/windows_hboot_driver_install

Alternatively, irrespective of process, try to connect phone to pc in fastboot mode and check the command fastboot reboot from command prompt "tools folder" of android sdk (where fastboot.exe lies) and see whether phone reboots or not.

Last edited:

chbiz

Apr 1, 2011
Well I don't know I'm lost ... been trying for several hours now ... with no success.

I'm running the UK Vodafone RRU.

Phone is detected AlphaRevX runs fine ... i.e.

This is a beta release and requires a beta release key.
Please visit: http://alpharev.nl/x/beta for more information.

Enter beta key [serial: xxxxxxxxxxx]: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Beta key accepted - thank you for participating!

Acquiring root (method 1)...
Sending in Caroline...
Cleaning up...
Rebooting to fastboot...
Waiting for fastboot...
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!

Waiting for fastboot...

Running HBOOT 1.01.0002

Tried patching a WWE RRU but get a "HBOOT versions wrong error".

Perhaps I need a downgrade or other solution.....

Anyone got any ideas? Or is this Vodafone ROM is dead duck?

Not tried with Linux yet .....

Thanks in advance.

fatsuzie

Dec 21, 2010
:D

Im kind of new to android and I would love to try this, but could some1 please first post or link me a guide wich tells me what to do after this alpharev X's s-off, if i would like to install cyanogenmod (and i guess clockwordmod recovery needs to be installed too)?

Here you go. I followed this. :)

Jan 28, 2011
Well I don't know I'm lost ... been trying for several hours now ... with no success.

I'm running the UK Vodafone RRU.

Phone is detected AlphaRevX runs fine ... i.e.

This is a beta release and requires a beta release key.
Please visit: http://alpharev.nl/x/beta for more information.

Enter beta key [serial: xxxxxxxxxxx]: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Beta key accepted - thank you for participating!

Acquiring root (method 1)...
Sending in Caroline...
Cleaning up...
Rebooting to fastboot...
Waiting for fastboot...
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!

Waiting for fastboot...

Running HBOOT 1.01.0002

Tried patching a WWE RRU but get a "HBOOT versions wrong error".

Perhaps I need a downgrade or other solution.....

Anyone got any ideas? Or is this Vodafone ROM is dead duck?

Not tried with Linux yet .....

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Have you tried a factory reset first?
I've done 2 devices but I got another one 1 to do.
1 of them was on Vodafone 2.2. That one was successful.
There was another update for Vodafone after Froyo, which was installed on the one I'm having problems with, resulting in same error.
Are you fully OTA updated?

lokeshramesh

Aug 1, 2009
If Anyone having problem with doing S-OFF then verify this before proceeding:

1. Make sure you have Froyo (Official) WWE ROM installed. So that you will have version 2.2.1

2. Make sure you have WWE ROM installed so that your hboot version will be 1.01.0001 as there's some problem with others like 1.01.0002 or so..

3. Make sure HTC Sync is uninstalled as it may interrupt the normal operation of the tool. DON'T UNINSTALL DRIVERS.

4. Make sure you are in Charge Only mode and Debugging Mode Option selected. If not goto Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging - Check this option.

5. Make sure your phone is connected with turned on in normal mode not in hboot or recovery or fastboot mode.

6. If you have Eclair ROM upgrade it to FROYO and if you have Regional ROM which has hboot different from 1.01.0001 then downgrade it to WWE ROM by using below method provided by dannyjmcguinness:

Code:
1. Started out with hboot 1.01.0002 and Froyo 2.2.1 preinstalled when I bought it new.

2. Achieved shell root using the psneuter hack (newbies, you may find it easier using SuperOneClick 1.65 or 1.7 for this). You should now have root #.

3. Run command "adb shell cat /dev/mtd/mtd0 > /sdcard/mtd0.img". This creates an image of mtd0 on sdcard. There are other tutorials with theses kind of steps and you may find it referred to as misc.img as opposed to mtd0.img. This doesn't really matter as long as the final command includes the correct file name. This command will fail if connected as disk drive, you must be charge only.

4. Reconnect as disk drive allowing computer gui access to sdcard. Using a hex editor (I used HxD, which is freeware) open disk image mtd0 on sdcard. On line 6 you should find a version number and it will look something like 2.22.405.1. This needs to altered to correspond to the RUU you intend to flash. If you are on hboot 1.01.002 you need an WWE RUU first that contains hboot 1.01.001 so you are still looking at reinstalling Froyo. Those allready on hboot 1.01.001 may choose any WWE RUU. I'm not absolultley sure, but it may be possible for those on those on hboot 1.01.002 to skip to another RUU but I think you would more than likely get a "customer ID" error.

5. I used the goldcard method to flash my RUU. There are many tutorials, but some seem to sequence different steps. To get mine working I used the goldcard tool available on these forums, but found it wouldn't work. It does, however do a good job of getting your CID and reversing it for you, so copy that and use the page provided with the tool to get your goldcard via email.

6. Make sure you are connected as disk drive and open HxD again. Open the goldcard image as read-only. Also open the sdcard (after using windows to full format it, fat32). Oh yeah, dont forget it needs to be a primary partition (do this before format) there is a handy free tool called "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition", which is so easy to use. Make sure physical sd disk is opened and read-only is unchecked.

7. Copy the goldcard using HxD (select all, or 0 - 17F) and overwrite the same blocks on sdcard. Save it.

8. Disconnect phone from PC and allow phone to mount, reconnect as disk drive. If phone or PC asks for format keep repeating sequence until normal operation can be maintained.

9. Download "flash_image" a file with no extension. Push it to sdcard. You need to have flash_image and your modified mtd0.img on your sdcard (It may be useful to ceate goldcard before creating mtd0.img, unless you back it up to PC before goldcard creation).

10. Run command (connected charge only, as root) "cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image

11. Run command "chmod 0755 /data/flash_image" On a seperate note I've been using permission set 67676 as I've noticed the permission set seems to be more then 4 digits, there seems to be 5, poosibly even 6 digits. This particular permission changes some of the permissions to capital characters. What use this is, i dont know I'm looking into it though

12. run command "/data/./flash_image misc /sdcard/mtdo.img"

13. You should now be able to flash RUU or pull rom.zip from temp files when running RUU and rename PC49IMG.zip

14. PC49IMG.zip should be pushed to root of sdcard if using goldcard (I don't know if RUU can be flashed normally without goldcard, but i think so, i dont think RUU pushes rom.zip to sdcard but it may be necessary as a CID thing).

15. Its now successfully downgraded to 1.01.0001 (WWE FROYO ROM)

Or check here too for downgrading:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1132028&highlight=1.01.0002+to+1.01.0001

Hope after this checks you can S-OFF successfully.

Last edited:

faz1511

Mar 11, 2011
SORRY had enough I JUST WONT HAVE IT DONT NO WHAT I AM DOING JUST KEEPS FAILING ALL THE TIME S-OFF YES I AM NEED HELP BIG TIME

Last edited:

nicolaibvm

Oct 4, 2010
This is kinda weird...

I ran the tool.

It ended by saying everything went smooth but when I try to boot into recovery or run any app that needs root access it just tells me that I'm not rooted...

The 'funny' thing is that when I boot into HBOOT at the top of the screen it says:

---AlphaRev ---
BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.01.1002

So it says S-OFF but apparently not.

When I try to run AlphaRevX again I'm told that my phone is not supported...

Any one?

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
I ran the tool.

It ended by saying everything went smooth but when I try to boot into recovery or run any app that needs root access it just tells me that I'm not rooted...

The 'funny' thing is that when I boot into HBOOT at the top of the screen it says:

---AlphaRev ---
BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.01.1002

Any one?

It just gave you S-OFF. Not a Custom Recovery like ClockworkMod, and not the Superuser binary which gives you root access. These are additional processes which you all have to perform after getting S-OFF. Refer this guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1130044

Reactions: nicolaibvm

nicolaibvm

Oct 4, 2010
Sorry, thanks and it worked...

I misunderstood. I thought it also rooted. Followed your link and it worked like a charm. thank you VERY much!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When i Run It

It Says That
    Waiting for fastboot...
    Press (almost) any key to exit.

unled1qu.png

Helllllllllllllllllllllp
    I ran the tool.

---AlphaRev ---
    BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
    HBOOT-6.01.1002

Any one?

It just gave you S-OFF. Not a Custom Recovery like ClockworkMod, and not the Superuser binary which gives you root access. These are additional processes which you all have to perform after getting S-OFF. Refer this guide:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1130044
    First, you will need to install a Custom Recovery (ie Clockworkmod). There are two ways to do this.

1) Via Fastboot. Guide Here.
    2) Via PC49IMG Process. Guide Here

(Just for the record, I used the Fastboot Technique)

Then, once Recovery is installed, it is simply a matter of flashing the CM ROM File. Guide Here. (Only refer from Post #4 onwards. Not the ones before it)