vTap - search and play unrestricted online videos (Youtube ect...) Excellent!!

Search This thread

Demens

Jan 17, 2007
Okay. This is cool.

- Has one of them "as you type" searchbars for video and wikipedia. Type in "kitten" and it shows in nanoseconds all the relative stuff about kittens.
- Really fast, as from software point and in downloading videos.
- Seems to have gazillion video sites.
- Plays videos really smooth. Has different quality settings and an audio only mode. (Tested with Wizard)
- Background and playlist mode for video downloading. Good if you're using cellular networks.

It does have few bugs and it doesn't really have a way to list videos like "top 10 from youtube", instead it shows a list of some news, sports and political stuff on the search page by default.
They also seem to be planning a java version for the functionally challenged phones

Last edited:

srmz

Aug 25, 2005
Brilliant piece of software.

Just one thing I noted immediately after its installation.

1) I tried to install this on the storage card. But it actually installed in the programs folder of the main memory.

2) After I installed this software I keep getting the sound I have associated with the event "Connection Established" ever few seconds though actual connection does not take place. As a fix I have disabled any sound for the event "Connection Established". Anyone else noticed this. My device is the HTC Touch.

Regards

kismat1970

Dec 19, 2006
Demens: It does have few bugs and it doesn't really have a way to list videos like "top 10 from youtube", instead it shows a list of some news, sports and political stuff on the search page by default.

I agree, would really like to filter the results by site (i.e YouTube only).
Since it downloads the videos in order to play them - I nice feature would be to beable to save the videos for later repeat views.

rock_app

Sep 14, 2007
One way to filter clips in vTap

search youtube and select youtube group and then do search...pretty cool... they are doing search with in the group....

BBowermaster

Feb 22, 2007
Jacksonville
Wow, very nice, love how it shows all videos, organizes some into videos, shows all video sites, etc and is VERY fast in both displaying videos and information as well as buffering and showing the actual video.

Cordicba

Jan 30, 2008
great app to make youtube and other video sites work on a Prophet. But, I might just be dumb, I can´t find a seekbar or a similar tool that would allow me to jump to a specific part of the video I´m watching.

Is there something of the sort in vTap?

mlalahoi

Very cool app but not at all new. I had a version of this installed almost a year ago..never did understand why people were having so much trouble with youtube videos when vtap played them just fine from the beginning. Good application

speedblaster@yahoo.com

Nov 12, 2007
Quincy
This is nothing new at all.

Vtap has been around for quite some time, i don't know why you have a new thread started for it and calling it a startup complany? I have had this installed since last year!