Atrix Automatically Re-Booting

Search This thread

_amass

Feb 7, 2012
Highland, IN
Alright, here's the deal. I had some problems with my Atrix so I ended up having to re-flash RomRacer's Recovery. Then I tried re-flashing Neutrino ROM, when it finally booted into it a windows entitled "Android System" popped up and then a message boxed popped up saying "Shutting Down". It does this for EVERY single rom I flash. I tried Neutrino 2.7 and 2.6, CM7 Ba2Tf, Jokersax's CM9, and Alien ROM. All do exactly the same thing. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: I just tried flashing MIUI and CM9 via Kitchen Sink ROM and both did the same thing. Boots to lock screen then vibrates and shuts down.

EDIT 2: If it helps, this isn't my first time flashing a ROM, I've flash all of these multiple times, so I don't really know what the issue is.

EDIT 3: I just did 3 different restores including one to the original ROM, it did the exact same thing. I also tried 2 different batteries, both of which are fully charged.

Last edited:

CaelanT

Try a full wipe from fastboot, then try to flash a fruitcake.

fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase system
etc.

There are a couple of scripts in forums which work nicely if you're feeling lazy. Best thing to try with any problem like this is just start over from the beginning properly.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Reactions: _amass

_amass

Feb 7, 2012
Highland, IN
Alright. Did a full fastboot wipe. Flashed the 2.3.4 Fruitcake. Won't even boot into the lockscreen, just boot loops the boot animation.

_amass

Feb 7, 2012
Highland, IN
I don't mean to sound like a noob, but I searched and I can't seem to find the stock kernel. I found a couple links, but they were all the same multiupload link and did not work. Do you have a link?

CaelanT

Sorry, I don't have that kernel or a link to it.

I can't see what the problem would be if you are wiping fully via fastboot and flashing a ROM, whichever one you choose. If you flash CM7.2 for example on a clean phone, there shouldn't be a problem unless something else is going on, like hardware issues.

What problems did you originally have that resulted in you re-flashing recovery? Maybe that's where we should start in figuring this out.

_amass

Feb 7, 2012
Highland, IN
I was running Alien ROM perfectly fine. For whatever reason I decided I wanted to flash Neutrino ROM V2.7 and I didn't realize how low my battery was when I flashed it. I think the battery may have died either during or just after flash. So i bought a new battery and a wall charger so I could charge the battery outside of the phone. When I put the new battery in, it would not boot into recovery, so I re-flashed recovery and that's where I'm at now.

turl1

May 2, 2011
Sounds like your system believes battery is low, you can try wiping data and installing CM, then power off your phone, plug it to wall charger and leave it charging for some time. If it still doesn't work, you can try pulling the battery while charging (will show a "?" battery icon) and then put it back in.

_amass

Feb 7, 2012
Highland, IN
I just did a full fastboot wipe, then flash all 3 of the stock things, OS, kernel, and Webtop. It won't boot past red flashing Motorola Logo. I think I'll try what the above user says.

_amass

Feb 7, 2012
Highland, IN
I'm having some issues getting the phone to "charge" If I put the battery in and then plug it into a wall charger, it turns on and starts the boot loop. If I plug it in with no battery, the battery with a "?" shows up, but then when I put in a battery nothing happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try a full wipe from fastboot, then try to flash a fruitcake.

fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase system
    etc.

There are a couple of scripts in forums which work nicely if you're feeling lazy. Best thing to try with any problem like this is just start over from the beginning properly.

May have to flash stock kernel also. Can do from fastboot.

Sorry, I don't have that kernel or a link to it.

I can't see what the problem would be if you are wiping fully via fastboot and flashing a ROM, whichever one you choose. If you flash CM7.2 for example on a clean phone, there shouldn't be a problem unless something else is going on, like hardware issues.

What problems did you originally have that resulted in you re-flashing recovery? Maybe that's where we should start in figuring this out.
    Stock 2.3.6 OS, webtop, and kernel are here > http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24472332&postcount=1

This version is rooted also.
    Sounds like your system believes battery is low, you can try wiping data and installing CM, then power off your phone, plug it to wall charger and leave it charging for some time. If it still doesn't work, you can try pulling the battery while charging (will show a "?" battery icon) and then put it back in.