[ROOT] Xperia ZL (C650x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (RELEASED)

Search This thread

anirudh412

May 29, 2009
New Delhi
DevHost sucks!! Can someone post an alternate link please!!

TIA

EDIT: Finally managed to get it! 30 minutes to download a 1.43MB file! Cant these be made into torrents? Just curious

Last edited:

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
I see Requirements
•Firmware Version: 10.1.A.1.350
is that mean 10.1.A.1.404 can't use it for root?

stygian16

Mar 14, 2011
here's a question.. ZL was rooted and was working with no issue. then I decided to unlock the bootloader using Sony Mobile's very easy guide. After unlocking, the phone did a whole factory reset (all data and settings are gone)..

thoughts?

stygian16

Mar 14, 2011
Thanks, I wasn't sure if they were just covering themselves in the event anything happens to one's phone.

indianx

Feb 7, 2011
Vancouver
hi

just got the 6506 xperia zl.

I just wanted to verify if i can root the whit this method here?

I couldn't find the drivers for this phone anywhere so i can be recognized in adb. Anyone has a link?
I want to sim unlock and install cm10.1 on it. I know that the kernel will not work with cm10.1.

armedzerox

Jan 30, 2012
booted and rooted

Hi there, i already unlocked rooted and even changed the rom.
but i for some reason, i want to chec the unlock status. how to check whether my phone is already unlocked?
unlocked forusing any sim (japan especially)

Last edited:

enrique71

Feb 3, 2011
Texas
no... i will update the CWM kernel soon... send me the kernel.sin for this firmware for Xperia ZL

Hi, just as an FYI:

I fastbooted the 'ZL_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-434-v3' kernal on .253 and it's working fine. I would much appreciate a v4 version to ensure this kernal works correctly with .253 in case there are issues.

Thanks!

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Hi, just as an FYI:

I fastbooted the 'ZL_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-434-v3' kernal on .253 and it's working fine. I would much appreciate a v4 version to ensure this kernal works correctly with .253 in case there are issues.

Thanks!

i am just about to post the newest CWM for the Xperia Z

if u send me the kernel.sin for .253 firmware for the Xperia ZL then i can post updated CWM for this device too

enrique71

Feb 3, 2011
Texas
I don't have it .. hopefully you can get it and provide it for the ZL. By the way, I tried fastbooting the Z v6 kernal on my ZL and it didn't boot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since we now have Recovery fully working its a lot easier to root the device. I have made a simpler package for easier rooting and installing busybox.

Steps:

1. Download the: SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip and save it on phone (external sdcard)

2. Just flash any kernel which contains recovery (for stock based ROM) [e.g.: Advanced Stock Kernel]

3. Boot into recovery and flash that file "SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip"

4. now reboot and the firmware will be fully rooted with SuperSU and Busybox installed!!!

[ Credits ]

• Chainfire - for SuperSU

• Stericson - for Busybox

• lots of other developers for helping me get here ;)

[ Requirements ]

• Firmware Version: 10.1.A.1.350

• unlocked bootloader

• working kernel with recovery

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ Download Links ]

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip (mirror)

enjoy!
    reserved for later
    its 100% ok now
    i soft rest it
    and it's working fine :)
    thank alot for your help

Best Regards
    Faisal
    Followed all your guides just now.Right from unlocking bootloader to rooting. Everything just worked like a charm. No hiccups at all. :good: Great work!
    here's a question.. ZL was rooted and was working with no issue. then I decided to unlock the bootloader using Sony Mobile's very easy guide. After unlocking, the phone did a whole factory reset (all data and settings are gone)..

thoughts?
    That's normal, and Sony even warns you it'll do that.