[HTC Wizard] Ham3r's beta ROMs

Search This thread

reymar

Jul 21, 2011
no me conecta a edge, mi ipl y spl es la 2.26 la radio gsm es la 02.61.11 mi telefono es un cingular 8125, sin embargo con la room wm 6.5 beta 2 me aparece la E como si estubiera usando el servicio de edge pero no puedo aceder a internet

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
EDGE works reliably for me with the same ROM. You should give more details, like what version of radio ROM you are using.

he did not set up his internet. just that.
i can imagine, that rom is not doing this automatically, so there's nothing set-up(for safety purposes, as i know ham3r..)..

n2rjt

ham3r cual es la room q me recomiendas para mi cingular para que queda rapido y estable

Yo recomiendo el Ham3r H3r7 beta 1. Usted tendrá que ejecutar el "Network Wizard" antes de la función EDGE. (Disculpas por el uso de un traductor!)

I recommend the Ham3r H3r7 beta 1. You will have to run the "network wizard" before EDGE will function. (Apologies for using a translator!)

reymar

Jul 21, 2011
la ham3r 7 beta 1 esta muy bn pero cual wm 6.5 es el mas indicado y adecuado para el cingular 8125 que tengo

G

GuestK0038

H3r7 pre-beta 2
It's still in development, but i think - usable.
[/SIZE]

Using H3r7 for a couple of mounts and a few days ago i started obsessing on Broadcast Channels (Cell ID), i don't relay need it but a have lots free time.

Anyhow i can't seam to make it work on your rom or any other 6.1 roms, i only get is using wm5, my question is what components are missing in your roms that they cannot display cell broadcasting messages ?

Messages are being revived, i say this for shore as the dial-pad lights turn on at a time interval i set cell broadcasting messages to be Received. Also can i please get a link and pass to "H3r7 pre-beta 2" ?

Thank you!

G

GuestK0038

Now i relay need the "H3r7 pre-beta 2".. was preparing my wizard for the new rom so i made a full backup using spb backup 2.1 and for testing purposes i made a hard reset and restored the backup just to notice spb screwed me (no service after restore) so I'd hate to customize the current version just to do it again to beta 2

Last edited:
G

GuestK0038

Amazing

This is just amazing! You made 6.5 feel like 6.1 and is stunning, can-t wait to tweak it..I just love it

I see you've added some useful settings to "Advanced Config"

Can i suggest this one for your final release ?

If the low battery warning option does not appear in the drop down list, you will need to edit the following registry entry first;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D663-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

Open the String value with the name "Default" and add the value "Low Batt Warning".

Last edited:
G

GuestK0038

I tested that two months ago, and it doesn't work good. I can test it again.

I don-t know if is on purpose or not but Wizard stays on till battery goes to 0% whit your rom, witch is bad for the battery. Plus if the battery is completely empty you can't charge it via Pc, only by wall charger till you can turn power on

I know that original roms Play "Lb.wav" at 5% then powers off the device.

Ham3r

Oct 29, 2007
Poland
I don-t know if is on purpose or not but Wizard stays on till battery goes to 0% whit your rom, witch is bad for the battery. Plus if the battery is completely empty you can't charge it via Pc, only by wall charger till you can turn power on

I know that original roms Play "Lb.wav" at 5% then powers off the device.

This ROM in theory does it too. But.. in practice i don't know.. i have 2400mAh battery and i never discharged my battery in this month yet.

G

GuestK0038

This ROM in theory does it too. But.. in practice i don't know.. i have 2400mAh battery and i never discharged my battery in this month yet.

It doesn't , i thing it has to due whit "battdrvr.dll" .. I'll search a way to modify it and maybe change the low battery notifications too

Edit: yes, is "battdrvr.dll" and today i was charging wile typing a text and i noticed that the battery went from 55% to 100% in one second, will discharge and check again.

Maybe use battdrvr.dll from another rom, or ?

Last edited:

Ham3r

Oct 29, 2007
Poland
It doesn't , i thing it has to due whit "battdrvr.dll" .. I'll search a way to modify it and maybe change the low battery notifications too

Edit: yes, is "battdrvr.dll" and today i was charging wile typing a text and i noticed that the battery went from 55% to 100% in one second, will discharge and check again.

Maybe use battdrvr.dll from another rom, or ?

It's hardware bug, or battery bug. In this part of ROM is nothing changed from H3r5.

I turned ON WiFi, BT, o/c 252 Mhz, ping loop one site, vibrate (unlimited loop), camera, led.. and i have after 3 hours from 68% battery...0%.

At 20% and 10% i get "lowbatt". At 0% i get 3 times "LB.wav" and then "dead".
For me, it's normal procedure (i have 21916 ROM)

G

GuestK0038

It's hardware bug, or battery bug. In this part of ROM is nothing changed from H3r5.

I turned ON WiFi, BT, o/c 252 Mhz, ping loop one site, vibrate (unlimited loop), camera, led.. and i have after 3 hours from 68% battery...0%.

At 20% and 10% i get "lowbatt". At 0% i get 3 times "LB.wav" and then "dead".
For me, it's normal procedure (i have 21916 ROM)

Yes, you're right, just noticed that myself after 2 more re/discharges, i'm relay sorry i'v sent you to a wild goose chase :(

But i was comparing whit original roms witch at 20% and 10% you get "lowbatt" and at 5% - 3 times "LB.wav" and then "dead". I wanted the 5% "dead" back (because i have the original battery and taking it to 0% is a no,no for li-ion) but as i was searching for a way to do it i'v released that its not worth the effort. Instead installed something to repeatably play an audio warning at 10% and remind me to recharge or to manually turn off if i'm in a place where can-t recharge.

Also noticed that the back-up battery is dead so i cracked the wizard open and found a coil that had some tiny wires broken from the motherboard (i guess it had to do whit regulating V for the camera led)

Tried to solder them and fail because the wire that was broken was from the beginning of the coil so i tried to re-wrap the wire and i and ended up completely destroying the coil...

As a result no more camera led and who knows what other screwy things in the future. ohh and also the 2.5mm jack and the volume slider are busted...but it seams that the wizard can still "fight".

(maybe i should have mentioned this before i have it on 260Mhz using homescreen++ whit "cpuscaler" min:130Mhz - boost: 273Mhz (from this the "obsession" for battery tweaking) more than a year working perfectly, and still working despite it's many hardware faults.)

Also tested Whit your rom:
IPL. SPL : 2.16, 2.18, 2.21, 2.25, 3.08
Radio Rom : 02.61.11, 2.69.11, 2.71.11, 3.02.11.

And the best performance (boot time)/battery life/signal and call quality for me (G3) got whit:

IPL. SPL: 3.08 Radio Rom: 2.69.11 (if you want to recommend this config whit your release)

Last edited:

n2rjt

It might be interesting to measure the voltage of the battery as it approaches zero. As long as it stays near or above 3.0V it will not hurt the battery. The battery has problems when it gets to 2.7V, so keep it well above that level.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry to hear about the Zest.

I have three phones: Wizard, Kaiser (AT&T Tilt), and Rhodium (AT&T Tilt2).
    The other day I needed a reliable phone that would last all day, keeping me connected to e-mail reliably. So, which phone did I choose? The Wizard, of course, with H3r7-beta!

I get other Zest, just about 75 $.
    Of course, i don't stop release new ROM's for Wizard.

BTW.: Hi-res experimental welcomehead
    H3r7 alpha

I flashed H3r7 alpha PLK three days ago, changes:
    * new MUI files for Polish translation (according to MS new standards with my fixes)
    * added "Vibrate on touch" page in "Sounds and notifications"
    * deleted AlReader2 (non-free license now), GSPlayer (unstable), WakeUp! (unstable), 1-Calc (buggy, non-free license now)
    * new Total Commander (for WM6.5) and faster TCPMP (modded bimbam's build with my fixes).
    * new touch driver (very responsive)

TODO:
    * add good calculator? HTC Calculator?
    * BT AS doesn't work! on any Wizard ROM, i think. :mad:
    * GMT+1 - currently is Pragha, not Warsaw
    * new TSK + welcomehead

H3r7 is my final, 6.1 little bit customized ROM.
    Next is something else (maybe linux-rom)

btw. my Wizard is slowly death (dead?).. i lost gsm signal.
    H3r7 pre-beta 2
    It's still in development, but i think - usable.

Changes:

* New OS
    * 30 sec boot time
    * 32 MB free RAM
    * 5,25 MB PagePool

* fixed QuickMenu bugs
    * added more settings to ACT

* removed tray line
    * removed softkeybar and taskbar GRAY lines
    * 50% transparent bars in old skin mode
    * start menu styles

Currently removed: Acrobat Reader, MMS and Voice Commander.

All mods created by myself, all are unique.

Download
    pass only for trusted users via pm.

[/SIZE]