Great I have a bad light bleeding on my Gamestop prime

Search This thread

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Top right.

WHY WHY WHY me????? Have to go call them now to see what they can do. Dang it. All this wait for this.

IMAG1487.jpg

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Top right.

WHY WHY WHY me????? Have to go call them now to see what they can do. Dang it. All this wait for this.

I wonder if there's a way to find out who makes the LCD panel for the Prime? That looks like LG's handiwork. They had huge issues with screen bleed on the O2X/G2X and got dropped as a supplier to Apple because of it. Sorry you drew the short straw. At least you'll have it to use until you can exchange it or send it in for repair. GameStop has a 30 day return policy for defects so make sure you get on the list for a second wave unit in January if you're going to exchange it.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
It's worse in person. The picture dims it more. I don't want a freebie. If later down the road I sell this I have to knock the price down even more and most probably wont even buy it.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I wonder if there's a way to find out who makes the LCD panel for the Prime? That looks like LG's handiwork. They had huge issues with screen bleed on the O2X/G2X and got dropped as a supplier to Apple because of it. Sorry you drew the short straw. At least you'll have it to use until you can exchange it or send it in for repair. GameStop has a 30 day return policy for defects so make sure you get on the list for a second wave unit in January if you're going to exchange it.

Thanks for the info. I'm on the phone with them now. Man this sucks. I wanted to rub in to my friends face who has an ipad2. Now I cant.

EDIT: I need to talk to a manager tomorrow to see what they can do. No one really has them in stock. Also they said they cant do refund since its what they consider a "system". But i'll what the manager can do tomorrow. Maybe I they add my name to the next batch like you said.

I'm not really surprised the way they had to rush these things out. Just sucks I ended up with a bad one.

Last edited:

jzen

Oct 9, 2010
damn i feel for u bro. i have light bleed but its only really only noticable on the asus boot screen...

put up a fight, we didnt pay this much and wait this long to have sreen bleed and non-functional gps. good luck to you and i hope u get a perfect one next time (if it even exsists).

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I'm so glad that unlike my TF101 B50, my Prime is perfect. The build quality for the Prime is amazingly good.

I do admit other than the light leakage its built pretty solid. As far my issue, if its anything like any LCD tv there's probably something in there that got stuck between the screen and bezel. Probably easy fix if only I knew how to open it. The build quality is so tight I can't see how the heck they put it together.

zoro25

Sep 20, 2006
You should be able to get a refund.

At least in the UK you would be able to.

If goods are not sold as advertised then auto refund.

If they have display model that does not have screen bleed then it is not sold as advertised.

Good luck.