RAZR hd and RAZR hd maxx on AT&T

Search This thread

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
Can anyone that owns either of the Verizon branded phones try the following steps to see if they can get AT&T working? These were taken from the original Droid RAZR forums:

All Verizon ics roms are lock but there a way around that. First be rooted
Then got to build. Plist and change the ro. Telephony default to 7. 7means global phone.
Then go to *#*#4636#*#* and change the radio to wcdma preferred.
That should give u Gsm in tmobile

I would really like to have a Droid RAZR maxx on at&t. I would be willing to give up lte connectivity to have it.

sprke

Mar 25, 2008
Can anyone that owns either of the Verizon branded phones try the following steps to see if they can get AT&T working? These were taken from the original Droid RAZR forums:

All Verizon ics roms are lock but there a way around that. First be rooted
Then got to build. Plist and change the ro. Telephony default to 7. 7means global phone.
Then go to *#*#4636#*#* and change the radio to wcdma preferred.
That should give u Gsm in tmobile

I would really like to have a Droid RAZR maxx on at&t. I would be willing to give up lte connectivity to have it.

Got one today and just got it rooted. Can you point me to the forum these were taken out of?

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
Got one today and just got it rooted. Can you point me to the forum these were taken out of?

I can't remember where I snagged it. If you just use root explorer you can go through the file system and make those changes. Then pop in a T-Mobile, or att sim and see what you come up with. You may have to let it sit a while before it grabs service.

jamesbra

Oct 2, 2010
The other gsm thread says that it may be blocked on the radio firmware. How awesome would it be if a build.prop hack could fix it. I want the maxx so badly, but won't give up my s3 until someone can confirm it working for at&t/tmobile

TRF-Inferno

Dec 26, 2008
Carrollton, TX
No good.

Changed build.prop as advised:

Code:
# BEGIN Motorola, qmfd78, 14-Jul-2010, IKMAIN-884
# GSM SMS traffic needs to be routed/sent through North America SMSC.
# This is part of the VZW World-phone Feature. SMS are always sent to a US SMSC and then injected
# into that network. This allows for billing and give the user the impression that the device is
# still in the US.
ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 1
# END Motorola, qmfd78, 14-Jul-2010, IKMAIN-884

telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1
ro.mot.ril.danlist=611,*611,#611

[B]ro.telephony.default_network=7[/B]

Inserted active AT&T MicroSIM with iPhone unlimited data plan.

Changed Preferred Network Type in Phone info to WCDMA preferred. Let the phone sit for ten minutes.

34nifmd.png

Now I have an angry RAZR MAXX HD, scanning for service continuously. Phone status shows no network type, signal, nada. Angry phone is angry. Rolled back changes.

Good try, but we are not living in the OG Droid era anymore.

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
No good.

Changed build.prop as advised:

Code:
# BEGIN Motorola, qmfd78, 14-Jul-2010, IKMAIN-884
# GSM SMS traffic needs to be sent through North America SMSC.
# This is part of the VZW World-phone Feature. SMS are always sent to a US SMSC and then injected
# into that network. This allows for billing and give the user the impression that the device is
# still in the US.
ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 1
# END Motorola, qmfd78, 14-Jul-2010, IKMAIN-884

telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1
ro.mot.ril.danlist=611,*611,#611

[B]ro.telephony.default_network=7[/B]

Inserted active AT&T MicroSIM with iPhone unlimited data plan.

Changed Preferred Network Type in Phone info to WCDMA preferred. Let the phone sit for ten minutes.

34nifmd.png

Now I have an angry RAZR MAXX HD, scanning for service continuously. Phone status shows no network type, signal, nada. Angry phone is angry. Rolled back changes.

Good try, but we are not living in the OG Droid era anymore.

We all definitely appreciate the effort though. I may buy one and use it on wifi only until I can figure a hack out. The radios are there, just blocked somehow from North American carriers.

TRF-Inferno

Dec 26, 2008
Carrollton, TX
We all definitely appreciate the effort though. I may buy one and use it on wifi only until I can figure a hack out. The radios are there, just blocked somehow from North American carriers.

If you were going to buy one, why not go the XT925 from Rogers? It is fully compatible with AT&T's network; the Verizon version as-is can't even get voice connectivity.

Regardless, I will give it another shot, at least not trying to do this at work will give me time to tinker with it more extensively.

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
If you were going to buy one, why not go the XT925 from Rogers? It is fully compatible with AT&T's network; the Verizon version as-is can't even get voice connectivity.

Regardless, I will give it another shot, at least not trying to do this at work will give me time to tinker with it more extensively.

Please tell me Rogers has the same LTE bands :)

TRF-Inferno

Dec 26, 2008
Carrollton, TX
Please tell me Rogers has the same LTE bands :)

The two carriers have the same 3G bands but different LTE band, but the Rogers' RAZR supports both carrier's LTE bands. Something to keep in mind, if you are looking for an international phone for that supports AT&T's 3G/LTE bands, look for a phone that has UMTS 850/1900 for 3G and Band 17 700 MHz LTE.

Be careful not mix Verizon's and AT&T's LTE bands up, because they're both theoretically 700 MHz spectrum, but Verizon's is actually Band 13 while AT&T's is Band 17.

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
The two have the same 3G bands but different LTE band, but the Rogers' RAZR supports both carrier's LTE bands. Something to keep in mind, if you are looking for an international phone for that supports AT&T's 3G/LTE bands, look for a phone that has UMTS 850/1900 for 3G and Band 17 700 MHz LTE.

Be careful not mix Verizon's and AT&T's LTE bands up, because they're both theoretically 700 MHz spectrum, but Verizon's is actually Band 13 while AT&T's is Band 17.

Well this is amazing news. Now please tell me Rogers will be getting the Maxx!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am going to buy a Razr Maxx HD for my father, I think my father is gonna like the screen, appearance especially the battery!
    But he is using AT&T,
    if I boutht a unlocked Razr Maxx HD, is it gonna be work on ATT's 3G network?
    Thank you!
    Please point me to that thread lol

Here we go guys first real confirmation LTE works on at&t!! 50 MBPS!! Guess it just dosent display the LTE indicator when operating on att.....

Screenshot_2012-11-28-15-39-34.jpg
    Hi there,
    I am coming from the Razr M section.

I see that our phones may be similar in firmware.
    I browsed through the thread and it seems yall are able to use the another NON-HLOS.bin also from another phone (the Atrix HD)

We been using the Australian Radio NON-HLOS.bin From the XT905.

But what i am trying to figure out how yall getting the HSPA to work.
    We are stick on Edge at the moment, Some reports of 3G flickering on but we cant test.
    Either someone who has a refarmed T-mobile area doesn't have a data plan or the person with a data plan has no 3g or 4g in their area ...

So i am just curious what yall came up with so far ?

Not only are you off topic but you're in the wrong forum also lol.

We are getting the HSPA to work because we are buying the Rogers Canadian RAZR HD which not only supports HSPA but also LTE here in the U.S. on at&t, you have to check the bands supported before you go out and buy a phone. Best of luck on your radio flashing but this is not the right place to ask.