[MOD][2/19][LK8/MA7]4-in-1 Reboot Mod

Search This thread

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
Re: [MOD][12/8][LK8]4-in-1 Reboot Mod

Thanks! Others were saying to use other base build files. Not this guy.. Keep it pure and don't need the issues of mixing builds.

Sent from my little Note2

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Again, I don't have my phone, so I didn't test this. I would recommend a nandroid before flashing. Please let me know if it works.

If it does, I will look into removing/fixing quick reboot.

EDIT: Link in OP.

Last edited:

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Again, I don't have my phone, so I didn't test this. I would recommend a nandroid before flashing. Please let me know if it works.

If it does, I will look into removing/fixing quick reboot.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6621763/4_in_1_Reboot_Mod_MA7_TEST.zip

Flashed in, wiped cache+dalvik, fixed permisions.

Phone booted fine, the 4-in-1 menu shows up and all options work, except Quick Reboot which causes a bootloop and requires a battery pull.

I never saw the point of "Quick Reboot" anyway - it saves you maybe 4 seconds since the GN2 boots incredibly fast already, and doesn't reset the hardware, which is usually the point of doing a reboot in the first place. Just my $0.02+tax. :)

Last edited:

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
Flashed in, wiped cache+dalvik, fixed permisions.

Phone booted fine, the 4-in-1 menu shows up and all options work, except Quick Reboot which causes a bootloop and requires a battery pull.

I never saw the point of "Quick Reboot" anyway - it saves you maybe 4 seconds since the GN2 boots incredibly fast already, and doesn't reset the hardware, which is usually the point of doing a reboot in the first place. Just my $0.02+tax. :)

I'll whip up another test to try and remove that. Thanks for testing this one guys, I'll put it in the OP.

Reactions: siraltus

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Here is a test of the quick reboot fix. I changed the command it used. Again, it may not work. Please let me know and please test ALL reboot options.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6621763/4_in_1_Reboot_Mod_MA7_quick_reboot_TEST.zip

Flashed it in. Now when I select "Quick Reboot," nothing happens at all. Better than sending my phone into a bootloop. ;)

On a separate note, would it be possible to disable the airplane mode enable/disable confirmation dialog? It is supremely annoying and useless.

EDIT: Odin reboot doesn't work, it just causes a normal reboot. Recovery reboot and standard reboot work fine.

Last edited:

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
Flashed it in. Now when I select "Quick Reboot," nothing happens at all. Better than sending my phone into a bootloop. ;)

On a separate note, would it be possible to disable the airplane mode confirmation dialog? It is supremely annoying and useless.

Do all the others work still? Please test all of them.

Also, go into terminal emulator and type su, accept the prompt, then type pkill zygote. If that doesn't do anything, type killall zygote. Lemme know what happens.

And sure, it would be possible. But I'm not going to dig into making it go away lol I really don't even wanna do this stuff, I'm just being nice, as it seems that the quality of devs over here isn't exactly fantastic ;)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: sleshepic and LMMT

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Do all the others work still? Please test all of them.

Also, go into terminal emulator and type su, accept the prompt, then type pkill zygote. If that doesn't do anything, type killall zygote. Lemme know what happens.

And sure, it would be possible. But I'm not going to dig into making it go away lol I really don't even wanna do this stuff, I'm just being nice, as it seems that the quality of devs over here isn't exactly fantastic ;)

I was JUST editing my previous post but you beat me to it.

Odin mode doesn't work, it just causes a normal full reboot. Standard reboot works and recovery reboot works, too.

Also, Odin reboot doesn't work in the first (currently posted) MA7 version either.

Last edited:

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
I was JUST editing my previous post but you beat me to it.

Odin mode doesn't work, it just causes a normal full reboot. Standard reboot works and recovery reboot works, too.

Also, Odin reboot doesn't work in the first (currently posted) MA7 version either.

Thanks. What about those terminal commands?

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Thanks. What about those terminal commands?

Sorry, missed them, was replying from the train. :p

Both commands result in a UI reboot, seems like it - I just get the Samsung boot logo and then it boots normally. I don't get the bootloader "Samsung Galaxy Note II" logo and the reboot only takes about 4-5 seconds.

The killall one is actually faster, as the reboot starts instantly. The pkill one makes the phone sit there for about 2-3 seconds before it starts rebooting.

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007

;) I didn't say it! Besides a couple here and there, it's really only themers here.

Top Liked Posts