Razr M - How to find a Developer Edition

Search This thread

lowerhater

Mar 29, 2014
Hello all,

I have a RAZR M that I still love. I was able to unlock the bootloader before the Moto update that undid it.

Issue is that this phone will shutdown or freeze occasionally (about once per day) when not used for long periods. Especially annoying when I'm expecting an alarm in the morning.

-------------------
So I can't update it to, perhaps fix the issue; I have put various ROMS on it so that didn't solve the issue.

I'd love to get a Developer edition, with an easily unlockable boot loader; but have been unable to source one. On eBay, every posting I've seen listing Developer Editions has been incorrect. They posted the wrong specs.

Any advice?

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Hello all,

I have a RAZR M that I still love. I was able to unlock the bootloader before the Moto update that undid it.

Issue is that this phone will shutdown or freeze occasionally (about once per day) when not used for long periods. Especially annoying when I'm expecting an alarm in the morning.

-------------------
So I can't update it to, perhaps fix the issue; I have put various ROMS on it so that didn't solve the issue.

I'd love to get a Developer edition, with an easily unlockable boot loader; but have been unable to source one. On eBay, every posting I've seen listing Developer Editions has been incorrect. They posted the wrong specs.

Any advice?

Once ul'ed you have a "dev ed". Feel free to update.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Once ul'ed you have a "dev ed". Feel free to update.

Agreed. Your M now has the same potential as a DevEdition device. If there's freeze and other issues across all ROMs you use, chances are 1) hardware failure (very unlikely), or 2) something's wrong in hoe you use your phone.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

G

GuestD2574

Hey

I have a Motorola's testing unit. It has Bootloader status '0'. It has "NOT FOR SALE", "MOTOROLA MOBILITY CONFIDENTIAL RESTRICTED PROPERTY", and identification codes inscribed on the bezel. I very rare phone. Send me an email at omar.anayat@gmail.com if you're interested.

thedude59

Mar 22, 2013
Yeah I have a retail m that was unlocked, and I have no issues at all, I am running a 4.1.2 deodexed rom

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk