[Q] sim card

Search This thread

stebomurkn420

Feb 27, 2012
Ohio
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
My nexus 5 will not read any sim card at the moment. I flashed back to stock 4.4.3 and ever since that, no matter what carrier sim card I put in, I get no call reception. The phone is recognizing there is a sim in because I flashed a custom ROM and whenever I put in a sim from T-Mobile,att, etc., there APN settings come up. I have no idea what's going on. I am no noob. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

exb0

Oct 24, 2010
PNW
freshair.farm
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Wait... Could you send me in the right direction of flashing a stock cache.img

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

There are a bunch of guides on the forum. Do search it up.

And this may sound crazy but is it possible for me to push a backup to my phone through adb and then do a nandroid restore through twrp that way?

Yes it's possible. Are you trying to just return to stock/another rom or do you want to flash back your nandroid?There's an easy way to flash zip files through twrp easily. *adb sideload*

stebomurkn420

Feb 27, 2012
Ohio
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
There are a bunch of guides on the forum. Do search it up.

Yes it's possible. Are you trying to just return to stock/another rom or do you want to flash back your nandroid?There's an easy way to flash zip files through twrp easily. *adb sideload*

If someone is willing to upload a nandroid backup of stock that would be great... Preferably 4.4.2

exb0

Oct 24, 2010
PNW
freshair.farm
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I've tried that... No dice. I've tried everything. At this point I'm guessing its hardware. Although it doesn't make much sense that the phone is recognizing there is a sim in just will not connect to a network. This is a major bummer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Free mobile app

Yep. Same thing happened to me. It would detect my sim, it would connect to WiFi, but it wouldn't connect to mobile data. I flashed almost everything I could find and nothing worked. Just RMA it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe try and fastboot flash a stock cache.img

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Restore a nandroid if you have one. It should fix it.
    Flashing factory images didn't help me to recover the network signal and to detect the sim card.