[ROMs and Recoveries] Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus/ S5 + - All Things And Dev.

Search This thread

Arun Bansal

May 25, 2015
u can get link of Htc One M8 Lollipop Rom on karbonnblogspot and on crazyandroid website

Last edited:

kashyapawan

Mar 20, 2015
Help!
I am running on custom rom on s5 plus and my sd card containg my nandroid backup is corrupted.
I need an app named "valvet".
It is a system app of karbonn titanium s5 plus's stock rom.
Anybody running on stock rom please copy this app from /system/app
and mail me on kashyapawan@gmail.com

If you are not running stock rom but having nandroid backup through clockworkmod recovery extract system.ext4.tar file of your nandroid backup.
Thanks

This backup can easily extracted from 7zipper.

ravibadol

Oct 14, 2015
karbonn titanium s5+

Please upload kit kat 4.4.4 ROM for karbonn titanium s5+ (plus)...please help....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updates at this thread have been stopped. Please check out Devs-Lab.com for all stuff that is/was/would be here. Links below are provided for reference, and will not be updated from now.
    The Official Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus Thread :

Note : This is for the Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus / Coolpad 7295C Device and Development related to it and its clones only.
    Here are the Custom Recoveries for this device :

Preferred, Tested : Philz Touch Recovery 6.57.9 ( based on ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.5.1 )
    https://tr.im/2eae8

TWRP Recovery 2.7.1.0 ( Touch )
    https://tr.im/1757c

ClockWorkMod recovery for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus : ( Non - Touch )
    tr.im/RWOT

ClockWorkMod - based recovery for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus ( Modded by carliv @ xda )
    tr.im/f2c21
    Next, Here are the Custom ROMs
    Sony Xperia Z:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8sq7s60de...nn_S5_Plus.zip
    Note : The above mentioned link doesn't appear to work. If anybody finds this file link working, please add a post here and if possible, upload the file to Google Drive and Post the link here.
    Sony Xperia Z v2:
    https://tr.im/ca47d
    Credits : Ajinkya Mishra
    Mayank Girdhar
    Miui v5 :
    http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/up...37e511_4.2.zip
    ( to download this, you need to log in to needrom.com first )
    Note : The above posted links for ROMs are not tried and tested ! Be Careful !
    For some of the ROM downloads, you need to log into the respective sites...
    Thanks mainly to the thunderboys team and all other developers of the respective ROMs whom I haven't mentioned.
    Steps for flashing a .img file to a specific partition ( here, recovery ) :
    Here are the two methods :
    1st Method ( Using ADB ) -- This needs the phone to be connected to the computer.

Go to the folder containing the recovery.img file you just downloaded.

Shift + Right Click on any empty space in the folder and Select Open Command Window Here

Connect the phone to the computer and make sure you have USB Debugging enabled and not USB Storage

Type these into the Command Window :

adb devices -- This should show the Device attached as KarbonnTitaniumS5Plus-xxxx or any such line.

adb get-state -- This is to ensure USB Debugging works. It will show device, recovery or offline, but here, we would be looking for device

adb reboot bootloader -- This reboots the device into Fastboot mode, also called as HBOOT or Bootloader. This mode is necessary for flashing the recovery.img file

fastboot oem unlock -- This is to ensure that you can flash xxxx.img files to specific partitions of the device.

fastboot flash <<partitionname>> <<nameofrecoveryimagefile.img>> -- This flashes the specific partition image file to the specified partition. Here, we would be looking for something like fastboot flash recovery philzrecoverys5plus.img for the PhilZ Touch Recovery and fastboot flash recovery twrprecovery.img for the TWRP Recovery and fastboot flash recovery cwmrecoverys5plus.img for the.... Well, you understand what I mean. This should show some text on the device like Transferring Flash or Writing Flash and the Time and Speed of it, that would confirm your flashing.

fastboot reboot -- This command reboots the device into the normal system, and lo, you're ready to go !
    From here, you can reboot to recovery and back again without any issues. This is the tried and tested method, the method which worked perfectly when I tried it on my device. Else, if you have no patience for connecting the Phone to the PC, jabbing on the keyboard and entering n number of commands, you could try this out :

2nd Method ( Using Terminal Emulator ) -- This doesn't need the phone to be connected to the computer.

Place the recovery.img file in the Internal Storage or External SD Card -- Here, I'm placing it as in storage/sdcard0/xxxxrecovery.img

Install Terminal Emulator or any such app onto the phone and Open it.

Type these commands one by one :

su -- This gives root permissions to the Command Executor.

flash_image recovery /storage/sdcard0/xxxxrecovery.img -- This flashes the recovery image file to the recovery partition.

Close the Terminal Window.

Done !
    Another Note : If you're following the Second ( Terminal Emulator ) Method, note that there is a space between flash_image and recovery and the path of the image file. The first method is the preferred one, which worked perfectly with no errors for me; while the second method is risky and might return some errors while trying it out.
    Another Loooooong Shortened Note : The TWRP Recovery might, in some rare cases, show your battery level as 19% when it is at 99% and the same goes for the others. If you are encountering this error damn frequently, I'd recommend reverting back to the original CWM basic recovery as it doesn't show any battery info at all ! You also have the option of wiping your Battery Statistics in case the Battery Error in the Touch Recoveries made the system too show the same error. Once, after fully charging the phone to 100% and rebooting to recovery, I found that the TWRP recovery showed the battery level at 19% ! Out of curiosity, I rebooted back to the system and it too, showed it at 19% ! I just plugged it into the charger and was like Whoa !, as the battery sprang from 19% to 24% in 7 seconds flat ! I know that neither the reboot to recovery does drain out that much battery, nor does the recovery randomly perform such miracles on it. So, I just flashed CWM basic recovery to it using fastboot mode, opened it, did a Battery Stats wipe and rebooted to the System. It was back to 99% ! So, a full Battery Statistics wipe helped me solve such errors, and might do the same to you too. Just remove the battery from the phone after you power off from the recovery, put it back in, and let the phone start up. Problem Solved ! Damn, why didn't I think of this earlier ?
    Yet Another Short-But-Not-So-Short Note : I'd recommend disabling the Boot Animation on the phone ( using ROM Toolbox Lite or Pro ) so that the possibility of bootloops is diminished. No Boot Animation = Less Chance of Bootloops !
    One Last Note : ( Yeah, Right. )
    The MIUI ROM and the Sony Xperia v2 ROM work properly. For people who have boot issues, doing a full data wipe/factory reset through the recovery will solve that problem... MIUI is pre rooted, but chainfire's SuperSU app is not installed and there is no keyboard app. The Sony Xperia v2 ROM has SuperSU installed and works properly. However, a high amount of patience is needed to wait for the ROMs to boot up...
    As mentioned by cybercrawler, the internal/external swap supposedly works, and appears to be already applied in these ROMs... so, if you are going to flash a new ROM, you had better undo this change...
    The clockworkmod recovery file works too, as seen in the screenshots uploaded by cybercrawler... thanks to him for testing that out.
    I shall be uploading some screenshots of these in a few days. Both the ROMs run Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2, and the MIUI ROM has a update scheduler app, so I'm guessing it can be updated to 4.4 Kitkat. Anyway... if anybody knows how to bypass Dropbox Error 509 ( This account's public links are generating too much traffic and are temporarily disabled ), please download the Xperia Z v1 ROM and upload it to Google Drive...

Check this thread for further development on this device.

If anybody is willing to volunteer to try a ROM still in development for this device, you can download it here :
    https://tr.im/CarbonForKarbonnv1
    It is NOT READY FOR FLASHING, but is a Kitkat ROM, so anybody willing to put in their efforts in the development of this ROM can help.
    Everybody, I'm thinking of assigning a codename to this device. Since the release, a codename has not been created for it. I would recommend the codename 'LIFIAN' for this device. LIFIAN is an old english word for life. And since some way or the other, kernel sources and a new update, which I have been working on, will come to this device, it will regain life. So, anybody who ports/builds/compiles ROMs for this device, please set the device codename to lifian. That will help to identify this device, just like all the other high-end devices.
    Another thing is, I just started a website !
    It's called Mediatek ROMs, and will contain ROMs, Recoveries, Guides, Tutorials, etc. about Mediatek, Android and everything in between.
    And it has Material design !
    You can access it at http://www.mtkroms.cf
    Any posts, suggestions, bouquets, brickbats, love or hate will be gladly received. Thanks in advance, and don't forget to check the site out !
    Okay, guys, I think I've had enough of this.

Development for this phone has been eating into all my time, and my grades have drastically decreased. My hands pain from jabbing on the keyboard everyday, and I've been getting headaches lately. The only support I get is from you guys, and I don't think that will help in my situation.

Let's face it, here's the truth.

I'm starting 10th standard now, and as you all must know, this is a very important year for me. I just can't neglect my studies for the sake of this device. I can help, but not everyday, maybe twice or thrice in a month, max. However, to develop for this device, that is a Herculean task.

So, let's say I can come back to development by next year.

By then, this device will have become a legacy device. Android M is going to be released at Google I/O 2015, and our device will be left way behind. Come on, 4.2.2->4.3->4.3.1->4.3.2->4.4.1->4.4.2->4.4.3->4.4.4->5.0->5.0.1->5.0.2->5.0.3->5.1->5.1.1->(Android M)??? Seriously?

Frankly, the Android One devices offer much better value than this, at almost same hardware specs. Simply put, this phone is not worthy enough of the 11290 Rupees Karbonn asked for. No device updates, no kernel sources, no support(official or unofficial), no proper development options, nothing. I tried my best, but it wasn't worth it.

I thought for a whole week, 11 hours and 10 minutes before posting this, and I regret saying this, but I'll have to put a restriction to development for the device. I had a choice, it's not like I was forced to do this, but the available options in the choice were either to focus on studies or focus on this. Damn difficult choice for a 15 yr old teenager like me to handle.

Most of everything I did so far is on the internet, and you can access it anytime. Some data just got deleted in a Hard Drive failure, so there's nothing we can do about that. But, all of that was based on what's available on the internet, so, yeah. You have access to pretty much everything I work with.

Well, I can't live up to everybody's expectations, can I? I'll try to do whatever I can, as long as it doesn't affect my studies as such. Maybe a bit of help every two weeks, some guides or point-me-in-the-right-direction kinda things, or something. But not in the frequency at which I'm doing things now.

And no, I'm not closing this thread or anything, you guys can interact, help each other, post questions, find answers, all that stuff. It's like I'm overclocking my brain, and it's overheated, so I'll have to cool down for a while(decrease development), recharge my batteries(focus on studies), fix my permissions(listen to my parents), install some new apps(learn and study), install a recovery (studies will be something I can fall back on) and then be back.

BTW, sorry.

This is SCRAP. Skip all this and save a few seconds of your precious time.
    Xperia ROM v3 for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus

rjt.rockx
    Mayank Girdhar
    Ajinkya Mishra

Android 4.2.2 - Final

Features :
    Updated Apps with Material Design
    Xposed PreInstalled with Gravitybox ( In Progress ... )
    Pre-Rooted
    Latest SuperSU App installed
    Latest Google Apps installed ( Including Gmail, Google Play services, etc. )
    Odexed Apps for better performance and more battery life
    ZipAligned and Signed ROM Package
    Root Explorer by Speed Software Pre-Installed
    Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, Solo Launcher, etc. Pre-Installed ( Prime Version if possible )
    Google Keyboard with Material Design option Pre-Installed
    A Better Camera Pre-Installled
    Default Time Zone changed from Phillipines to Indian Standard Time
    Changed a bug in the ROM that showed MyPhone Agua Cyclone as the phone name instead of Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus
    WhatsApp Pre-Installed
    Numerous Build.prop tweaks added
    X-Reality with Bravia Engine 2
    xLoud Audio Mod
    ClearAudio+ Audio Manager
    Tweaked WiFi and Mobile Data connectivity
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Sounds + MIUI v5 Sounds + CyanogenMod 10 Sounds + Xperia ROM v2 Sounds + Stock ROM Sounds ( + Linkin Park Songs as Sounds -- Optional )
    ROM Toolbox Lite Pre-Installed
    PacPerformance Pre-Installed
    New Wallpapers ( extracted from Windows 7 )
    New Permissions which increase App Compatibility ( Not tested, Not Guaranteed )

Bugs :
    None, as of now. Testing on my device successfully.

Coming mid-December ...
    Here's the link to the TWRP Recovery :
    https://tr.im/1757c
    Hope it helps !
    Still working on the Carbon ROM... May take a few more days to create a working,booting ROM !!!
    ( Creating a new update binary file now, old one wasn't working. )
    Anyway, after this and the flashable stock rom zip file, i'll be porting miui 6 to this device !
    After that, maybe, I was thinking of an Android L ROM for this device...
    Anyway, Back to Project CarbonForKarbonn for now...
    Could anyone upload the specifications of moto g (codename falcon) in a post here ?
    I need to know it's features and some information abt. it, like whether it supports dual sim, has external sd card support, etc.
    so that I could rectify any problems which are occuring because of such non-compatibility errors.
    Looooooong schedule... this might take forever... :)