Screen Filter - app for low brightness

Search This thread

fastmikey1969

Jul 18, 2008
I really liked the brightness tweak with the ultra low brightness setting.

There's a Screen Filter app in the market which seems to do the same thing, I haven't seen any posts about it here so I thought I'd share.

Edit: Added App Brain Link:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/screen-filter/com.haxor

screen
screen

Last edited:

walord

Sep 4, 2010
Nice find! I was getting ready to make this if it wasn't on the market already. I noticed that the alarm clock had a dark filter overlay when you set it to night mode which is darker than the lowest brightness setting.

Erica8123

Oct 7, 2010
Seattle
I have been using it a while and LOVE it! Just make sure you don't turn it all the way dark or your sol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

RisinT96

Nov 29, 2010
1)If i put it on very low can it damage the screen? (AMOLED, Super AMOLED, LCD-TFT, S-LCD)
2)What is the maximum limit? (The device's maximum / More than the maximum / Less than the maximum)

walord

Sep 4, 2010
FC's after about 20 minutes of running with Pandora. So I got blinded during the drive home on 2 different days.

Tortel1210

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2010
I like this, but it crashes constantly. Not sure about battery life, but its great on the eyes (kinda turns the colors blue/grey-ish though)

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
any way to get an APK so we don't have to create an appbrain account?

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
Great app!
Any chance you could add some kind of (customizable) color adjustment as well? When I reduce brightness my amoled gets very redish and I'd like to reduce that effect

fastmikey1969

Jul 18, 2008
I didn't write the program unfortunately!

But feel free to still hit the 'thanks' button if you like the program :)

Great app!
Any chance you could add some kind of (customizable) color adjustment as well? When I reduce brightness my amoled gets very redish and I'd like to reduce that effect

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

sleepyfu

May 11, 2010
Seattle, WA
any increase to your battery life while using it?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
Not on LCD panels, this app adds a gray tint to the colors, your back light is still on at whatever level the "brightness" setting is on the phone.

EDIT: I got to the thread from the XDA-portal and just realized this is a AMOLED phone thread, as posted below, on AMOLED screens, darker screen means less power consumption from the display. Not sure what the app itself would use, tho. As in CPU processing.

Last edited:

Toast95135

Nov 10, 2010
It should give more battery life with our SAMOLED screens because each pixel glows to give brightness/color, so if it's darker then it should be using less energy. It's not like LCD where you're pumping backlight through the display.

thecresta

Nov 12, 2006
Anybody know how to integrate this into Tasker?

Eg: IF brightness=10 THEN Open App Screen Filter ELSE Close App Screen Filter

I'm looking into it, but wondered if anyone has already done it to save me a bit of time ;)

Sizzlincok

Sep 5, 2009
Toronto
This app has been around on the market for a fairly long time actually.

I discovered it when I typed "dimmer" in the market search, and found this.

Top Liked Posts