what rom is everyone using?

Which ROM are you using on your Nexus 4?

• Total voters
Search This thread

kirdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Seattle
Lol I have become so flash addict that I can't be on a particular ROM more than a day. Think I need to just go to stock, root it and just settle... Otherwise I will go crazy flashing so often :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

nashti13

Dec 28, 2010
Hillsboro
Currently in paranoid but I am considering going back to stock until miui v4.2/v5 comes out

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

biffsmash

Nov 19, 2007
Currently on Krait optimised AOKP with Faux kernel. Finally found perfect settings with zero lag and around 5.5 hours screen on. Think I will stick with that. I'll probably be getting Sony Xperia Z as my second phone at the end of the month, and current ROM and kernel is the best I can get.

99formulam6

Mar 1, 2011
Paranoid Android here... was only using CM on my G2, and I was going to run CM on my N4, but I dont like the fact that there aren't stable releases out and I would have to use nightlies. I am not trying to be a beta tester and risk having a phone with bugs. I have been using PA since 2 days after I got the N4 and I havent had one issue yet. Super fast, great colors, great options...everything I am looking for in a rom.

M

MarcPlusTwo

Is there a Krait optimised version based on official build 3?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

O-H-I-O

Jan 21, 2012
TX
ParanoidAndroid. 3+ is smoking fast and fixed the washed out colors in stock. Love the customization options.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

rest0ck

Apr 2, 2011
AW: what rom is everyone using?

Rooted stock with enhanced stock kernel

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock :D first stock ROM i've ever liked!! :D
    How do I get that setup?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

Velocity is not on XDA and since the ROM is from ctfrommn you know why the same is not on XDA. The official thread for the ROM is
    http://www.purespeedx.net/index.php/Thread/216-Velocity/?pageNo=1
    This ROM has number of commits from Art aosp master branch !! Secondly it has updated qcom drivers in d ROM !! Dalvik is not at all optimized so if u want to make use of it forget thinking about this as ur choice of ROM !! Infact ctfrommn is thinking of removing dalvik altogether since art is so much more smoother and better in terms of battery life !! Recommended kernel could be moob for performance ( but has a bug which causes it to consume a bit more of juice ) ,ak for mix of performance and battery or hellscore for battery !! This is as easy as setting this ROM up
    Why are you switching back to 4.3?

Imo 4.3 was the ****tiest time period for development in the entire life of the n4.

accelerated [mako]
    Me and Phil have moved to the iTelephone and are no longer interested.

Our dad (Neville) is still using a Nokia 3310 - so he doesn't care either.

Thanks all.
    I've tried quite a few ROMs in the last 2 weeks. I have had this phone for about 4 months. This phone is very fast, and the most roms run very smooth.

1. Carbon ROM - Tons of features, nice and black interface. Battery life was average, ROM was not as smooth as others. I ran this for almost a month. 3/5

2. Sentinel ROM - Has a just the right amount if features. Speed is smooth as silk. Battery is pretty good. I was on this rom for almost 2 months and it never slowed down. 4/5

3. Slim ROM - A lot of features, more that you would think for a "slim" rom. But seriously its has a beautiful interface its smooth as they get IMO. 5/5

I have tried these kernels also.

1. Franco - Smooth and excellent battery life, extremely stable.

2. Joker Kernel - This kernel is top notch, best battery life and performance I have experienced.

3. AK43e - The AK kernel is a beast I have been using this one lately and I love how fast it is. I highly recommend you try this one out if your looking for something new.

I would recommend
    Greenify, it does an excellent job at hibernating apps that eat your battery.
    Better battery stats if you want to see how fast your losing juice.
    Titanium backup for backing up all your apps and data (like your texts, calls, WiFi, data usage etc.) Makes it easy to switch ROMs.
    Trickster Mod for changing your kernels settings.

That's my 2 cents, this phone just kicks ass. Happy flashing!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta