Pebble interfering with bluetooth playback?

Search This thread
Nov 16, 2012
Hi peoples!

I recently got my pebble and installed the app, but since I installed the app I've noticed something odd with my phone. When any bluetooth device connects, media playback will switch from the speakers to the earpiece, and bluetooth headsets wont play/control music anymore. When connected to wired headphones itll play, but the default audio buttons will change the call volume, not media. After 10-30min it reverts to how it should be...at least until a new bluetooth connection is made. This persists whether pebble is connected or not, or if the app is installed or later uninstalled. Is this something to do with the pebble's connection to the phone, and if so is there any way to fix it? I've tried a full system reset on the phone and it's good for awhile, then changes again. Is it possible to just reset the audio drivers?

For some background information, I'm using a Galaxy S4 (Verizon) running 4.3 and no custom/root software. Both the Pebble app and firmware are up to date (as of 12/10/13), and accessibility services are turned off.

I'd appreciate any help I can get, thanks in advance!

JVogler

Mar 3, 2010
What media apps are you using? Some apps such as BeyondPod have a setting on whether they send the song info to the bluetooth device or not...turning this setting off will correct some issues.

Note 3 -- Tapatalk

Reactions: caspii

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
I got my Pebble two days ago and I've used it twice so far in my car with no problems. I use a Bluetooth receiver which I plug into my cassette adapter since I don't actually have a car system that has Bluetooth. I've also been able to control the music from the watch with no problems. I use a N5.

keller00

Jan 1, 2014
Hamilton
I got a N4. No problems over here. I would look over the settings of whatever apps you use! And play around with those.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What media apps are you using? Some apps such as BeyondPod have a setting on whether they send the song info to the bluetooth device or not...turning this setting off will correct some issues.

Note 3 -- Tapatalk