(Solved) Wifi speed problem after KitKat update

Search This thread

cmdauria

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa
I am scratching my head of this one. Ever since I upgraded to KitKat my wifi speed has dropped to almost no existent. It was always rock solid on jellybean. Every other wireless device in my house is capable of normal download and upload speeds except my phone.

I am using freezas stockish rom if that helps. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium

Last edited:

cmdauria

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa
Just because I received the answer deep in another thread, I wanted to post the solution here as well. The problem seems to be under settings, location, mode... If you are set to powersave, change it to any other mode and your speed will immediately come back to normal. I hope this info helps!

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Just because I received the answer deep in another thread, I wanted to post the solution here as well. The problem seems to be under settings, location, mode... If you are set to powersave, change it to any other mode and your speed will immediately come back to normal. I hope this info helps!

I think the big remaining issue here is that it likes to switch back to Power Save on its own.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Update. I think the solution is to leave gps on all the time. Then it won't switch back to Power Saving. Kitkat changed some things with location. On my Nexus 5, my gps was always on by default. Luckily it doesn't seem like there's extra battery drain to go with it like we have in previous Android versions.

cmdauria

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa
I think the big remaining issue here is that it likes to switch back to Power Save on its own.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Update. I think the solution is to leave gps on all the time. Then it won't switch back to Power Saving. Kitkat changed some things with location. On my Nexus 5, my gps was always on by default. Luckily it doesn't seem like there's extra battery drain to go with it like we have in previous Android versions.

You are correct... Leave gps on and problem solved!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Maybe try reflashing?

I'm on the NABD leak and wifi is working fine.
    Yes speeds are fine for me. It's the same as it was on JB or CM11.