[KERNEL][ICS][07-04-12] AniDroid-Hardened-TF101 (2.6.39.4)

Search This thread

novic_dev

Aug 23, 2010
Moscow
www.anikos.su
AniDroid-Hardened-TF101 Kernel​

Short Kernel information:​

AniDroid-Hardened Kernel is the first Hardened kernel for Android that uses GRSecurity subsystem to provide different useful Security functionality.
AniDroid-Hardened Kernel now is in early stage of developing but it's almost ready for using and testing on Asus Transformer TF101 and Google (Samsung) Nexus S devices ;)

Provided Features:
  • Linux Kernel version 2.6.39.4
  • GRSecurity version 2.2.2 with different security features enabled by default (see GRSecurity Feature List for details)
  • EXT4, NTFS, CIFS support
  • init.d support
  • Compatible with any OTA-based and AOSP ICS Roms
  • 1024 Kb ReadAhead support
  • Automatic Process Group Scheduling
  • -fstack-protector buffer overflow detection

GRSecurity Feature List:​
  • Kernel Memory Protection (restrict read/write access to /dev/kmem, /dev/mem, and /dev/port)
  • Active Exploits Protection (deter exploit bruteforcing, active kernel exploit response)
  • Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
  • Filesystem Advanced Protection (including advanced security for applications running in CHROOT environment)
  • Full Kernel Auditing (event logging for many kernel events)
  • Executable Protection (deter ptrace-based process snooping)
  • Network Protection (TCP/UDP blackhole and LAST_ACK DoS prevention)
  • Managing support via Sysctl Interface

• Ondemand (Default)
  • Interactive
  • Conservative
  • Powersave
  • Performance

• CFQ (Default)
  • Noop
  • Deadline (tweaked for flash devices)
  • Simple IO (SIO)

Links:​

Changelogs and issues info:​

Alpha 1 known issues:
  • BCM4329 WiFi kernel module temporarely doesn't work :(
  • SU is temporarely cause "Permission denied" :(

WARNING!!!
AniDroid-Hardened-TF101 Kernel is still need testing!
So, you can flash and use this kernel at your oun risk! :)

Thanks to msticninja, guevor, eugene373, koush, ezekeel, supercurio, morfic, franciscofranco, sztupy, reddv1, byeonggonlee!!!

Last edited:

sert00

May 28, 2011
cesena,IT
hi!great to see new kernelz every week!after reading all the features in the nexus 3ad,i wonder if you'll put some of them un future in this tf's build...some of them i use every day on smartphones and are very Usefull..like touchwake,liveOC,BLX , fast charge and others..(fast charge especially);)glad to test this kernel now,hoping that wifi works,anyway thanks for the hard work and keep it up in future release!i'll report how it goes...:D

Reactions: novic_dev

a.mcdear

May 20, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
hi!great to see new kernelz every week!after reading all the features in the nexus 3ad,i wonder if you'll put some of them un future in this tf's build...some of them i use every day on smartphones and are very Usefull..like touchwake,liveOC,BLX , fast charge and others..(fast charge especially);)glad to test this kernel now,hoping that wifi works,anyway thanks for the hard work and keep it up in future release!i'll report how it goes...:D

As far as I know, fast charge from a computer USB port isn't possible on the tf101 because it requires 12v to go into fast charge mode where a normal USB port only provides 5v.

msticninja

Mar 16, 2007
Congrats on getting the kernel compiled with your changes. I'll post some fixes tomorrow that you might want to pull to your git. I have to be honest though, I don't really see the point of grsecurity on android. Do people actually get hacked?

j3tt3

Feb 21, 2012
noted but will flash when somebody got the balls to try...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
Basically, su won't work with GRSec because of the RBAC model. Another way needs to be found

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

novic_dev

Aug 23, 2010
Moscow
www.anikos.su
Basically, su won't work with GRSec because of the RBAC model. Another way needs to be found

SU will work as privileged user can be allowed to run privileged operations useful for such apps as Titanium Backup and so on ..it's not GRSec issue - vanilla asus source have tha same issue for me.. it's either compiler or ramdisk problem..

Last edited:

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
SU will work as privileged user can be allowed to run privileged operations useful for such apps as Titanium Backup and so on ..it's not GRSec issue - vanilla asus source have tha same issue for me.. it's either compiler or ramdisk problem..

I meant that you need to either allow switching to root, which defeats the whole purpose of GRSec or use its own access controls, which needs to be done in apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AniDroid-Hardened-TF101 Kernel​

Short Kernel information:​

AniDroid-Hardened Kernel is the first Hardened kernel for Android that uses GRSecurity subsystem to provide different useful Security functionality.
    AniDroid-Hardened Kernel now is in early stage of developing but it's almost ready for using and testing on Asus Transformer TF101 and Google (Samsung) Nexus S devices ;)

Provided Features:
    • Linux Kernel version 2.6.39.4
    • GRSecurity version 2.2.2 with different security features enabled by default (see GRSecurity Feature List for details)
    • EXT4, NTFS, CIFS support
    • init.d support
    • Compatible with any OTA-based and AOSP ICS Roms
    • 1024 Kb ReadAhead support
    • Automatic Process Group Scheduling
    • -fstack-protector buffer overflow detection

GRSecurity Feature List:​
    • Kernel Memory Protection (restrict read/write access to /dev/kmem, /dev/mem, and /dev/port)
    • Active Exploits Protection (deter exploit bruteforcing, active kernel exploit response)
    • Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
    • Filesystem Advanced Protection (including advanced security for applications running in CHROOT environment)
    • Full Kernel Auditing (event logging for many kernel events)
    • Executable Protection (deter ptrace-based process snooping)
    • Network Protection (TCP/UDP blackhole and LAST_ACK DoS prevention)
    • Managing support via Sysctl Interface

• Ondemand (Default)
    • Interactive
    • Conservative
    • Powersave
    • Performance

• CFQ (Default)
    • Noop
    • Deadline (tweaked for flash devices)
    • Simple IO (SIO)

Links:​

Changelogs and issues info:​

Alpha 1 known issues:
    • BCM4329 WiFi kernel module temporarely doesn't work :(
    • SU is temporarely cause "Permission denied" :(

WARNING!!!
    AniDroid-Hardened-TF101 Kernel is still need testing!
    So, you can flash and use this kernel at your oun risk! :)

Thanks to msticninja, guevor, eugene373, koush, ezekeel, supercurio, morfic, franciscofranco, sztupy, reddv1, byeonggonlee!!!

As far as I know, fast charge from a computer USB port isn't possible on the tf101 because it requires 12v to go into fast charge mode where a normal USB port only provides 5v.
    Great to see another kernel option. Awesome work, mate!
    I'll give it a try.
    Congrats on getting the kernel compiled with your changes. I'll post some fixes tomorrow that you might want to pull to your git. I have to be honest though, I don't really see the point of grsecurity on android. Do people actually get hacked?