Need an unlock for a G2X that is not T-MO branded, model LG-L95G

Search This thread

exonix

Oct 30, 2006
New York, NY
Hey Guy's

I found an LG branded (not T-mo) G2X

The model name under android shows it as an LG-L95G.
The phone looks exactly like a G2X on the outside but has no T-mo logo.

Anywho I popped a ATT and TMO SIM into and both asked me for an unlock code.

Could someone possibly point me in the right direction for getting this?

Edit - Similarly the code to get into the Network Unlock screen is 2945#*95#

Here's what the phone looks like

bPfXP.jpg

vBDJ3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lotherius

FatalityBoyZahy

Jan 11, 2010
Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
www.YouTube.com
Hey Guy's

bPfXP.jpg

vBDJ3.jpg

That's weird, it has the front of an Optimus 2x, and the back of a T-Mobile G2x. But the model number is different. Where did you find this device?

exonix

Oct 30, 2006
New York, NY
Got it from a buddy who works for a cell phone company called Straight Talk.

Anywho, he said its a G2X, what makes you think the front looks like an Optimus 2x? it looks like a G2X all around to me

JaiaV

Feb 24, 2011
Got it from a buddy who works for a cell phone company called Straight Talk.

Anywho, he said its a G2X, what makes you think the front looks like an Optimus 2x? it looks like a G2X all around to me

O2x
lg-optimus-2x-2.jpg

G2x
tmobile_g2x.jpg

Only stuff I can find about an L95G:
http://gsm.lge.com/html/gsm/LG-L95G.xml
http://www.wi-fi.org/search_products.php?search=1&lang=en&filter_category_id=24&listmode=1 (listed on the page).
http://certifications.wi-fi.org/pdf_certificate.php?cid=WFA12664
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/popup/uap_gsm_view_09lge.jsp

Could it be a test model? That's also a much more up to date baseband than the current G2x, AFAIK, although all of the version numbers are identical on the baseband except for the date.

Straight Talk is a portion of TracFone and runs on all four major networks in the US, depending on which phone you're using. As far as I can tell, they don't carry a phone resembling the p999 or p990 at all.

Last edited:

JaiaV

Feb 24, 2011
Could we also get the model number printed on the phone under the battery cover? Also, an FCC ID would be nice. Make sure to cover up the IMEI and S/N if you take a picture.

exonix

Oct 30, 2006
New York, NY
It's also running Android 2.3.4... Maybe there actually is an OTA. Could you please make a NANDROID of this device?!?

Does it have the LG Cam?

What exactly does NANDROID do?
Also it seems to be the stock LG cam, i posted a pic up

CAM
c1DFr.jpg

FCC ID:
BEJP999DW

Please note this device is STOCK, it came from the Factory with Gingerbread 2.3.4, im just trying to make it work, I need an unlock code I ordered one for a G2X, let see what comes through

Last edited:

phburks

Nov 11, 2010
Orlando, FL
What exactly does NANDROID do?
Also it seems to be the stock LG cam, i posted a pic up

CAM
c1DFr.jpg

BACK OF PHONE
USPtz.jpg

FCC ID:
BEJP999DW

Please note this device is STOCK, it came from the Factory with Gingerbread 2.3.4, im just trying to make it work, I need an unlock code I ordered one for a G2X, let see what comes through

A nandroid is a full backup of the device's fileaystem. It would help because then the system files, kernel, etc could be compared to the current 2.3.3 update to see what exactly has been updated. You would need to flash clockworkmod recovery (fully reversible). The backup would be saved to your sdcard where you could then upload it to a file sharing site for others to download. If you decide to make a backup to share, make sure to do a factory reset first because otherwise it will back up all of your settings (email accounts, Facebook accounts, text messages, etc). A factory reset will erase all that before you make the backup.

exonix

Oct 30, 2006
New York, NY
A nandroid is a full backup of the device's fileaystem. It would help because then the system files, kernel, etc could be compared to the current 2.3.3 update to see what exactly has been updated. You would need to flash clockworkmod recovery (fully reversible). The backup would be saved to your sdcard where you could then upload it to a file sharing site for others to download. If you decide to make a backup to share, make sure to do a factory reset first because otherwise it will back up all of your settings (email accounts, Facebook accounts, text messages, etc). A factory reset will erase all that before you make the backup.

I honestly havnt even had a chance to use the damn thing, I need an unlock code asap. Aside from that, it seems that this version of GB has been gutted for TracFone, there is no bloatware at all, has all the features ive seen on all other GB phones, what im curious to see is if this phone supports ATT's 3G bands however I wont know until I get it working.

JaiaV

Feb 24, 2011
The FCC ID matches the P999 (BEJP999DW)

Yes, it does, but that label most definitely states TracFone. It certainly looks like someone has stumbled upon an unreleased device. With identical baseband numbers aside from the release date we may have an 'official' 2.3.4 rom that could be ported to the G2x. Also, that's the stock Android camera, not the Froyo LG camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: lotherius

tahahawa

Oct 14, 2010
My phone from wind looks the exact same. Except the model number is p999 and it comes with froyo with no update available. Also the baseband is June 05.

jboxer

Apr 16, 2009
Bangkok
I have an unlock provider that has access to the LG database. I can try to get a code for you. The cost is $5.00. The codes are obtained via the IMEI and knowing the carrier is not required. If your phone is a preproduction version the code might not be in the database, but you can try. If a code is retrieved but it doesn't work there is no refund; but if the result comes back code not found you get a full refund.

When you put in a sim does it say "Network locked" in the notification bar and does it display a popup box to enter the network unlock code (NCK)?

And yes please install Clockworkmod Recovery and backup the phone and post the backup to a file sharing service.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2747343

you should really make a backup it will help devs make better roms

exonix

Oct 30, 2006
New York, NY
I have an unlock provider that has access to the LG database. I can try to get a code for you. The cost is $5.00. The codes are obtained via the IMEI and knowing the carrier is not required. If your phone is a preproduction version the code might not be in the database, but you can try. If a code is retrieved but it doesn't work there is no refund; but if the result comes back code not found you get a full refund.

When you put in a sim does it say "Network locked" in the notification bar and does it display a popup box to enter the network unlock code (NCK)?

And yes please install Clockworkmod Recovery and backup the phone and post the backup to a file sharing service.

I will PM you my IMEI and will make a backup to a file sharing service today, BTW it says SIM CARD IS LOCKED, however the SIM works fine in alll other phones, all my other androids, etc.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guy's

bPfXP.jpg

vBDJ3.jpg
    The FCC ID matches the P999 (BEJP999DW)

Yes, it does, but that label most definitely states TracFone. It certainly looks like someone has stumbled upon an unreleased device. With identical baseband numbers aside from the release date we may have an 'official' 2.3.4 rom that could be ported to the G2x. Also, that's the stock Android camera, not the Froyo LG camera.
    Ah ok, wasn't sure about tracfone as I've never dealt with them. Thought they might piggy back AT&T's network, didn't know they can also go on T-Mobiles.

I still want to see if the baseband chip from the O2x can be put in the G2x, it would be nice because I bet if you ordered a bunch of them, some of the people with the standard G2x's on here would buy them.
    I was talking about NV flash how he said it was taking a long time to backup.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

I know what you were referring to. Sorry if my post was confusing. Just was commenting on other issues also.
    alright gentlemen,
    I have delivered (finally)

http://www.multiupload.com/E55Q7KFGXX