[MOD|1.26|1.28|1.29] Disable the annoying ICS 3-dot Menu | Aroma **May-05**

Search This thread

aliguu

Apr 15, 2012
the bottom 3dot bar is removed from any and all apps!
there are a few ISC apps that have a 3dot menu somewhere in the app, like google play, and this menu is removed as well. but it is no big deal in my opinion as you can use the menu key!

really?

Ok then i must have done something wrong.
I updated my ARHD to 5.1 the other day and then flushed the 5.x versions of the 3 dot menu mod, but most of the bottom bar are still there for most apps..

ill just flush the latest one over again.
to do this do i need to remove anything first? or simply just run the file over again?
thanks!

UPDATE:
nvm i jump the gun anywan and just flushed it over.
Its all working fine now!!!! SWEEEET! :)
thanks man for such evil mod :)

Last edited:
J

j4n87

Is anyone able to help me with this.. or should i start a new thread in general, as this mod seems to be getting quite messy, and does not need a new version.

...you could get this when you flash ym rom (-:

i added longpress actions to back (also close apps) and longpress actions to recent apps.

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort

k-a-a

Jan 22, 2010
Hi everybody!
I have a One X with 1.28.707 and couldn't find 3dot mod version, which would work with it.
Aroma_3dot-remover-v1.2.1.zip from the 1st page just don't work.
And ODEXED_1.28_menubarmod_lp_home_menu.zip got my phone to a boot fail. Needed to re-flash stock firmware.

How can i get rid of annoying 3dots?

Last edited:
Reactions: pohsze

zhaiweihua

Mar 21, 2010
i alse think you should keep showing the ics app's menu

Diffrent users, diffrent opinions
If the ics menu was removed from all apps, it would be easier to pinpoint the cause. I don't know the android framework at all, i haven't even written an app for android. I wanted to remove the 3dot bar because it is pathetic, and i don't use the task switcher at all, so i use a designated menu key for the menu.
I've already added the long-pressing home for menu mod for ppl, i don't use it.
It's not like i am the only person who could look into the, for some users, issue ;)

i alse think you should keep showing the ics app's menu ,like google play etc...

pohsze

Hi everybody!
I have a One X with 1.28.707 and couldn't find 3dot mod version, which would work with it.
Aroma_3dot-remover-v1.2.1.zip from the 1st page just don't work.
And ODEXED_1.28_menubarmod_lp_home_menu.zip got my phone to a boot fail. Needed to re-flash stock firmware.

How can i get rid of annoying 3dots?

I second this! Coming from the same version completely stock and unable to find a working 3dot remover zip to flash too.

Any help would be GREAT.

thanks in advance!

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Why would you have an unlocked/rooted phone, and not have a custom rom?

Because not everyone like a ready made custom rom. But with unlocked/rooted phone everyone can customize the stock ROM on their own term and use all apps that require root access such as mybackup root, titanium backup to name a few.

Last edited:
Reactions: pohsze

ORStoner

Jan 22, 2012
Eastbourne
This is brilliant! My phone wouldn't boot with the old one but this is perfect! I just installed it using CWM and life is good! THANK YOU

Entreri

Sep 26, 2008
It's really strange that this happend only with the new 1.29 base from HTC. Don't get why they would change anything there, as the One X usually has no dedicated button.
Maybe they're working on getting rid of the ugly bottom menu bar as well?

Well, nothing is perfect, I guess. Thanks anyway, still a lot better than that ugly bar wasting screen space :).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This modification will give you the full resolution for all non-ICS apps. I guess many of you have been waiting for this.

The Window-Switcher Key (right one) will be remapped to the Menu button. This key will be usable system-wide!

**update** The recent app's key is remapped to long-pressing home
    **update #2** I've made a cleaner removal of the 3-dot menu;
    -> the screen-overlay is now fully usable
    -> the keyboard has the arrow-keys
    -> no more changes to SystemUI.apk, the zip includes the stock version now
    **update #3** by popular request of the i-want-to-long press-home-as-menu fanboys, i've made a zip, fullscreen-v2-lp_home_menu.zip
    it contains stock qwerty.kl & stock SystemUI.apk
    **update #4** support for 1.28.401.9
    **update #5** Added Aroma installer
    **update #6** support for 1.29.401.7

**update #7** fixed the arrow keys I've broken in update #5, all versions

Root is required, duh

Use on deodexed ROM's based on 1.26.x/1.28.x/1.29.x only(tested on 1.26.401.2 & 1.28.401.9 & 1.29.401.7)

Use the attached aroma installer (all versions included, 1.26/1.28/1.29/stock) with CWM recovery

There are some re-odexed zip's here (I do not/will not provide odexed versions): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25533464&postcount=373 & http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25063642&postcount=279
    Ive made CWM packages for easy installation.

rev1--- without home long-press to launch recent apps
    rev2--- with home long-press to launch recent apps
    rev2-1- with home long-press to launch recent apps (compatibility fix attempt)

ver2--- code cleanup + fullscreen overlay usable + kboard arrow key

@blubbers

now we need long-press APP_SWITCH or BACK button assign to SEARCH function :D
    I managed to reodex the android.policy.jar successfully :)
    why? to use this awesome mod with stock rom!

so now the mod is usable on stock roms without using a custom or deodexed rom :)

i added a revert to stock zip in case anything goes wrong ;)

just flash with CWM but remember, only with odex stock rom!

if you don't know what odex means or not use a custom rom, this is the version for you!

edit: download should be fixed! recent version coming, had the wrong zip file :)
    i hope a 1.29 patch for stock will be posted

here you go :)

Version a - Recent key mapped to menu, and long press home mapped to app switch

version b - Recent key standard, and long press home mapped to menu

and a back to stock file

all flashable from CWM! tested by me on 1.29.401.7
    I made a flashable zip of this mod.

Get it here http: and flash in recovery.

(Thanks to Patrics83 for the script-lines to remove odex-file) ;)

Edit 08.04.2012: Link removed, obsolete ;)