Who is going to leave Sprint after contract is up?

Search This thread

SamsungGalaxyFan

Dec 21, 2012
New York
You have to go to the right corporate store. Many are clueless and have no clue and screw up your plan because they really can't upgrade without having have to change plans. You can keep your sero though, rep has to call in and hopefully get an agent that is familiar with sero plans.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Whats a Sero plan??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

JaLazy

Sep 4, 2012
I don't think I will be leaving Sprint after the contract is up. I don't know about going back under contract unless I see a phone I really really like and dont want to pay a grand for. If the unlimited data plan is still around then ill stay, if not then i will be exploring other options.

pie_are_squared

Feb 11, 2013
brooklyn
im torn

on the one hand sprint service here in new york sucks. i mean its horrible. you would think that a city with millions of people would be up there on their priority list. but its not. on the other hand you cant beat 40 bucks a month for unlimited EVERYTHING, so ya. im torn. my contract is not up until september though. so ill see if the sitch improves. but im not holding my breath or anything...

SamsungGalaxyFan

Dec 21, 2012
New York
on the one hand sprint service here in new york sucks. i mean its horrible. you would think that a city with millions of people would be up there on their priority list. but its not. on the other hand you cant beat 40 bucks a month for unlimited EVERYTHING, so ya. im torn. my contract is not up until september though. so ill see if the sitch improves. but im not holding my breath or anything...

I have awesome service here in NY most of the time.

EndlessDissent

Oct 18, 2010
Chicago

I just think it's funny that you act like Sprint isn't actively rolling out upgrades in New York City even though the Bronx is already mostly covered and there has been major progress in Brooklyn and Queens. How's the view from that high horse of yours? Maybe you could come down now?

Last edited:
Reactions: SamsungGalaxyFan

DirtyShroomz

Mar 17, 2010

I hear the opposite

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium HD app

Dalmus

Feb 6, 2011
Milwaukee
Unfortunately, Sprint has seriously degraded their coverage Wisconsin. Up until last June, even if you didn't have Sprint service, you would at least have roaming service to make phone calls.

Now, outside of actual Sprint coverage areas, it's a 70-80% likelihood that you get No Service. And that's not just with my GS3. People with the Evo who got great roaming coverage before are getting no service in northern Wisconsin.

I just switched my main line to US Cellular, and have yet to experience No Service. I could brag about getting 10-15Mb 4g speeds, too, but I know that's not quite fair since 4g is not here from Sprint yet.

However, I have unlimited data for only $7 more than the equivalent Sprint plan.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using xda app-developers app

LexLuger82

May 25, 2011
Unfortunately, Sprint has seriously degraded their coverage Wisconsin. Up until last June, even if you didn't have Sprint service, you would at least have roaming service to make phone calls.

Now, outside of actual Sprint coverage areas, it's a 70-80% likelihood that you get No Service. And that's not just with my GS3. People with the Evo who got great roaming coverage before are getting no service in northern Wisconsin.

I just switched my main line to US Cellular, and have yet to experience No Service. I could brag about getting 10-15Mb 4g speeds, too, but I know that's not quite fair since 4g is not here from Sprint yet.

However, I have unlimited data for only $7 more than the equivalent Sprint plan.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using xda app-developers app

Wow

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

rocafella_ny

Sep 18, 2012
brooklyn
Im choosing to stay. Sprint started rolling out lte in most of brooklyn, New York and finally my area. I called customer service to see when the speeds will be better (right now lte speeds are the same as 3g but thats because they started rolling out). Customer service didnt even know that there was lte in brooklyn ny lol. He said the system only showed lte for the bronx and some of manhattan and queens. Good thing im being patient. I cant beat unlimited data. I download/stream/hotspot and a whole bunch of stuff. I use more than 25gb a month in data. Once lte is fully set in my area I will disconnect my wifi (optimum).

show me something worth my attention

SamsungGalaxyFan

Dec 21, 2012
New York
Im choosing to stay. Sprint started rolling out lte in most of brooklyn, New York and finally my area. I called customer service to see when the speeds will be better (right now lte speeds are the same as 3g but thats because they started rolling out). Customer service didnt even know that there was lte in brooklyn ny lol. He said the system only showed lte for the bronx and some of manhattan and queens. Good thing im being patient. I cant beat unlimited data. I download/stream/hotspot and a whole bunch of stuff. I use more than 25gb a month in data. Once lte is fully set in my area I will disconnect my wifi (optimum).

I already disconnected my Optimum WiFi b4 I joined sprint. But it ended up that 4G doesn't reach my house. :(

Frostacious

Nov 4, 2011
Rio Grande Valley, TX

Same here. No more road runner. My friends gs3 on tmobile got 1.12mbs downloading a torrent off the hotspot. Rooted of course. Just waiting there working on McAllen, TX as we speak! Finally 4g. Almost jumped ship but I can't find good roms for tmobile gs3 that would convince me to switch. But you best believe I will have the gs7,8,9,10,11,12,.... If they keep on supporting Odin and making it so easy to recover a bricked phone! But they could update the build with some damn aluminum framework or something.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Never. The service is serviceable but the unlimited data for the price is unbeatable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    Sprint's network is still going to be ****. Even LTE areas are not that great speed wise. Sprint's thing is always promise, promise, promise and then under deliver. I'll be moving to T-Mobile on Friday. So long ****ty network that is still mostly horrible 3G at damn near 56k speeds. I've already seen the LTE network turn to **** within months going from 20mbps+ to 3-5 consistently. They just don't have the infrastructure to support a healthy network for data. Now with T-Mobile's lower prices there is no reason to go to Sprint unless you just don't get T-Mobile coverage.

Just out of curiosity.. what promises did Sprint make? Find me an official press release or anything of that sort in reference to a promise made.

For the record, everyone seems to forget that Sprint isn't just adding LTE like AT&T/VZW did. It's an ENTIRE network rebuild. Do some of you think that these things happen overnight and are financed by magical dollars?
    I've decided to leave Sprint. After years of seeing crap like this "Sprint reports quarterly net loss of $643 million, sees iPhone sales drop by a third", I have realized that I can't deal with it any longer. T-Mobile will be my next carrier and I will be getting the S4 (32gb) on it.
    Well every area is different. In the Dallas area Sprint is a joke as far as data speeds. Slowest 3G and slowest LTE now in the few areas that have it. I don't know anyone that is on Sprint and that are actually happy with it.

You do now, in very happy with sprint, i pay a tiny bill for 3 lines (less than 80) and get speeds fast enough to tether the ps3 for Netflix and games and anything else i want, can't complain at all

“It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."” ― David Brin
    The line about Sprint doesn't get latest phones is untrue. They also actually lead in US carriers in getting updates out their phones quicker than most others. Again they are doing a complete Nationwide revamp of their network and adding new LTE. This doesn't occur overnight and takes several years to finalize. I can say that the new network upgrades are amazing and I love them. I have been on their network Vision for almost a year and it's great. But it's understandable that there are pockets an areas that the upgrades will take longer and some areas which may never get good coverage from Sprint as there are areas that other carriers have bad coverage in as well. There's a lot of politics involved in where towers get put up and in who gets to put them up. As a smart consumer you need to know which providers will have the better coverage in the area you live. But to generalize as a whole is just not correct.

Sent from the future via Tapatalk 4