Pocket / Read it Later App is not longer available for the nook

Search This thread

rev0l

Sep 3, 2008
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Hey everybody,

i know there alot of nook users that use Read it Later (Now called "Pocket").

Since they changed to the new name it cant be installed on your nook from the android market.
i think they discontinued the android 2.1 support.

I have opened a ticket at their support system to get it back on the nook ;)

If you want this too or just want to help me to get it back,
please leave a reply on the ticket

http://support.readitlaterlist.com/...android-21-for-older-devices-or-ebook-readers

Thank You!

Last edited:

Efemmeral

Apr 1, 2012
Could you pull the necessary files from a Nook that has ReadItLater currently installed?

Failing that, I would email 'Pocket' support and ask for the application. You might get it. It was available publically only hours ago, how strict could they be?

Reactions: taC nayN

rev0l

Sep 3, 2008
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
i have thought about that too (add the files here) but i only have the pro version.
I dont think its allowed to publish the apk from a paid app ?! but i dont know, if iam wrong correct me ;)

rhhd

Jan 19, 2011
MUC
Google Pixel 6a
Yes it now requires 2.2.

Although it never worked properly on my nook anyway. Had some serious scrolling problems. When scrolling down by swiping the screen it would often move in the wrong direction. I had the same problem with the IHT app by the way.

Have a look at the Readability thread in this forum. Maybe that is for you. Its what I am doint at the moment.

Sent from my NOOK using XDA

bonacieux

Mar 30, 2012
Grr. Old app no longer syncs

Wasn't going to complain too much not to get the "pocket" rebrand since readitlater was still working fine... but now it isn't. Can't download any of my articles (though it can see they are there). They must have changed the system to no longer be compatible with the old version.

New ticket here (url broken to see if I'm allowed to post it, I'm a bit noob round here)
support.readitlaterlist.com/discussions/problems/
3895-readitlater-on-android-21-no-longer-syncs
But I'm not hopeful anything will be done.

*sigh*

Okay, this "readability" thing then....

asolodoff

Feb 10, 2012
You can use Instapaper with Instafetch app. It has eink friendly UI and made especially for nook :)

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk 2

apap

Jan 31, 2003
Readitlater is working fine for me.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

dfherg3

Nov 24, 2011
Free registration at instapaper.com, free app. from google market "Read later for Instapaper" (author Capone) plus official bookmarklet from instapaper.com for browser which adds current page to the reading list. I almost happy with this solution.

Cons: no images, font is horrible and i see no way to change it, you need to refresh the list manually to download new articles, don't use full screen mode because it will hide options button at the top of your nook. Cheers

Last edited:

cowbutt

Feb 11, 2010
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Moto G
Free registration at instapaper.com, free app. from google market "Read later for Instapaper" (author Capone) plus official bookmarklet from instapaper.com for browser which adds current page to the reading list. I almost happy with this solution.

Cons: no images, font is horrible and i see no way to change it, you need to refresh the list manually to download new articles, don't use full screen mode because it will hide options button at the top of your nook. Cheers

Capone's "Read Later for Instapaper" has been removed from the Google Play store. Presumably because it no longer syncs (the spinner spins, but makes no progress) and if you clear data and try to set it up again, the (correct) username and password aren't accepted. Presumably Instapaper have blocked it from logging into an account that doesn't have a $1/month subscription attached (the API is only open to third-party apps if the account does so). The official paid Instapaper app doesn't require the subscription, but requires Android 2.3.3.

Has anyone got a copy of an older version of the official Instapaper app that still runs on Android 2.1?

EDIT: I've found Laters which works on Android 2.1 on the Nook, so I think I'll switch back to Pocket.

Last edited:

Harlley Sathler

Jul 23, 2011
I read today that Pocket is now available for the Kobo reader. May be is it possible to use the kobo version on our NST?

teknode

Mar 28, 2014
Readitlater seems to be the best option right now. It is possible to scroll with the nook buttons by enabling "Volume rocker scrolling" in the Readitlater settings. You have to go into Nook Touch Mod Manager and set your hardware buttons to Volume up and Volume down, but fortunately the keys still work fine in reader apps when set like this.

geopapa

Aug 28, 2011
Newer version

This is the 1.3 version. I 've tested it, it works pretty good and has the "volume rocker" option too. Only minus is that if you map hardware keys to volume up and down, while they work well with read it later they don't work with stock reader :(
Also sometimes you swipe to scroll down but it scrolls up (weird bug..:confused:)

Reactions: rasterbate

ang3l

Feb 4, 2007
Dublin
This is the 1.3 version. I 've tested it, it works pretty good and has the "volume rocker" option too. Only minus is that if you map hardware keys to volume up and down, while they work well with read it later they don't work with stock reader :(
Also sometimes you swipe to scroll down but it scrolls up (weird bug..:confused:)

This version fails to install on my nook...

geopapa

Aug 28, 2011
I can't login anymore.. Does it happen to you also or is it just me?
Probably they ve locked access from older versions :banghead:
Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

skyli91

Jan 28, 2009
I can't login anymore.. Does it happen to you also or is it just me?
Probably they ve locked access from older versions :banghead:
Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

I can log in(version 1.3) with my email address, but the scroll is strange. It scrolls just half the page.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts