Hello everyone. I have a question for you. What was the first phone you rooted?

Search This thread

hereignssupreme

Nov 12, 2010
New York
Does the HTC HD2 count? I had it running latest version of Gingerbread before finally moving on to greater things. Still holds a special place in my heart.

Topic. Epic 4g took me a month to get the courage to root it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Epic as well. Rooted it on Froyo. Read for like 6 months. Next was mom's Nook by request. That **** is hard to root. Epic Touch was next, though it arrived rooted from the themer I bought it from. I tested things built off leaks like a champ and had to root after a mishap or 2. Then Sgs3 which I've only had to root once. Amazed I've never had a reason to Odin to stock for any reason after 7 months. That's actually a first.

UkilledKenny

Feb 17, 2013
Epic as well. Rooted it on Froyo. Read for like 6 months. Next was mom's Nook by request. That **** is hard to root. Epic Touch was next, though it arrived rooted from the themer I bought it from. I tested things built off leaks like a champ and had to root after a mishap or 2. Then Sgs3 which I've only had to root once. Amazed I've never had a reason to Odin to stock for any reason after 7 months. That's actually a first.
HTC Droid Incredible about 5 minutes after I got it home. I had just moved away from the iStupid and had been jailbreaking for a long time. It was so easy!

warstoke

Jul 8, 2008
Fayettville
depends on your definitions of rooted
i had custom roms and hacks on my samsung ip-830w
then got the htc mogul once again used custom firmware and hacks to get win-mobile 6
then the touch pro followed by the touch pro 2
then the Samsung intercept was the first android (pos evil phone) spent lots of time on sdx developers trying to get it working better
actually was the main reason i didnt get the s3 in the beginning
then the evo shift (a pain to root) and get s-off after ota update
then built a epic 4g franken phone, i put together 2 broken epics to build 1 working one
then evo 3d and evo lte
and now galaxy s3

cpg1111

Dec 3, 2012
Kings Park
I first rooted my HTC wildfire s, which I only did for system/app/mover and to over clock it. Now I have a Galaxy s3 which I rooted and have my own modded PACman rom running on it.

JaLazy

Sep 4, 2012
The first phone i ever rooted was the lovely HTC Evo Shift 4g. When i first got into rooting back in August, I was absolutely scared as you can imagine. First of all, I had no clue on what any terminology meant, or even what a toolkit was. I took the long way around and did the manual labor which i failed at about 6 times..lol. I drank some water and kept trying, scared to death of bricking the thing but it never did. Finally, it was rooted and I used wifi tether and was cheesin' for about a week. Felt very smart lol.. (which isnt the case now). Still got the phone as my back up in case my s3 decides to wanna go into the light.

pie_are_squared

Feb 11, 2013
brooklyn
first phone i rooted

my s3 was actually the first phone i rooted. however it was so easy thanks to the toolbox, i think i missed some of the fun. the next phone i rooted was a motorola photon q. that was a mission :)

Nut_House

Feb 21, 2013
First for me was an EVO 4G. Did it after about 3 months of ownership and immediately wondered why I waited so long. Rooted my S III on day one.

Sooppex

May 22, 2011
Topic. Epic 4g took me a month to get the courage to root it.

Same. I dropped the phone and somehow the thing started boot looping and got led to xda and the rest just worked itself out. I then rooted my epic touch and the GS iii

Cool story, bro.

bubbaearl

Jun 28, 2011
West Texas
Evo Shift 4G. It was easy before the first OTA update. If anyone accepted that update, it was way more difficult. Nice little phone once it was unleashed.

FlowingAway

Oct 21, 2007
MOTO KRZR. Flashed the Alltel ROM over the old crappy Verizon software they used to put on ALL of their phones.

downbond

Jul 8, 2010
Same here man, sadly they never got a working CM7 :what: You know there is still an active dev on that phone? I feel bad for him, so many problems with the damn hardware of that thing... :p

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I still have my Samsung Moment. I still tinker with it from time to time.

Jmax0420

Sep 5, 2011
Deer park
Epic 4g. Been missing my hard keyboard ever since I switched to the GS3. I still find myself rotating it for the HK out of habit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Took me a couple months to build up the courage to do it, but it started with an HTC Hero... And then every phone I could get my hands on after it. Everyone's phone. Nothing is safe around me. Turn your back and you'll be wondering what that SU app is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
    LG Optimus S. Unfortunately the roms where never quite right. So now I stick with stock rooted. Hey, it's a great os.

Sent from my SPH-L710 running 4.1.2 (MB1)
    Samsung Moment... Sadly every single rom had bugs though so it wasn't much better than stock

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Samsung Moment courtesy of SDX-Developers. If I recall correctly, I went from cupcake to a leaked version of Eclair before the official release and then we got a ported version of FroYo. I thought I was hot **** with my live wallpaper. I had a love-hate relationship with that phone. Many times I wanted to throw it against the wall or out the window of a moving car. Bottom line is I learned a lot from that phone and the good people over at SDX.

OG evo rooted with unrevoked one click:)