ALERT! make sure you download the new gear manager update from Samsung store!

Search This thread

Saknice20

Oct 11, 2013
I was bored yesterday and wanted to see if there were any updates, to my surprise there was a update for the gear manager. I installed it last night and apart from the updating process totally bugging out and freezing my phone needing a battery pull to fix....after the restart it installed fine.

I am now getting much better battery life out of the gear...it's at 99% after 3 hours off charger and moderate use. And that's with a watch styler face! So definitely worth doing this upgrade. Also...I would highly recommend uninstalling watch styler prior to the update. Then 're download a new one from the store.

lukasz

Nov 25, 2003
Krakow, POLAND
I hope that I see some differences in power management.. So far what was the main issue for me is EXACTLY the same-

1. no change in contacts => they are still listed BY THE FIRST NAME - for me useless as I have a lot of contacts (In CONTACTS - GEAR Watch displays contact names listed by first name – even if they are listed on the NOTE3 by last name - this is true bug)
2. Still no way to see "contacts" and "favorite contacts" => You can only see one OR the other - I need BOTH!

Please list here things You would like to get - maybe SAMSUNG guys are reading this forum... for me:
- predefined SMS answers for the incoming calls
- battery level on the main screen (can be done through watch styler)
- ability to display temperature, atmospheric pressure, humidity… (all of those sensors are in NOTE3... but maybe some of them on the watch as well?)
- seconds on the main screen
- calculator
- compass

Saknice20

Oct 11, 2013
when going to the Samsung store it prompts to install on device.
On device it does nothing when trying to update. Anyone else getting this same issue?

I just installed on phone, then had to re pair and restore to the gear.

If your having issues, uninstall gear manager and 're install

Last edited:

|oLo|

I just installed on phone, then had to re pair and restore to the gear.

If your having issues, uninstall gear manager and 're install

Well that worked and fixed alot of the problems i've been seeing (Contact sync, Call history, etc)

I think i lost my root though. It did a reset of the gear. I probably could have stopped it but before i realized what i did...it was too late.

mhoepfin

Jan 9, 2006
I've found that un-installing Gear Manager and resetting the Gear is the most reliable way to do the update.

sliblue

Nov 19, 2010
I'm seeing v1.2.131013 (23 Oct) (This is the regular Samsung app store (search for Gear) not the gear app store (LOL so confusing)

The install hung on me at 3 of 19 but rebooted my phone and it installed fine over the other version when it came back up,

Last edited:

Brendo

I'm seeing v1.2.131013 (23 Oct) (This is the regular Samsung app store (search for Gear) not the gear app store (LOL so confusing)
Interesting. They must've updated the app version number, but not the store version number. I just checked my app (the apk I posted before) and it is actually the 131013 version!

Last edited:

E3SYLER

Jul 18, 2013
Interesting. They must've updated the app version number, but not the store version number. I just checked my app (the apk I posted before) and it is actually the 131013 version!

For some reason I get this when trying to open the file. Any thoughts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382582965404.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382582965404.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 360

raider7243

Dec 27, 2013
West Hartford
V1.5.121601 issue

so I woke up this morning all happy about the latest Gear Manager update and the fact that going into notifications and selecting more notifications showed the texting app I use Textra. Selected it and tested and sure enough it worked just fine, now that part happened on the 26th. Back to this morning (27th) and there is another update version 1.5.121601 and without asking me the little beastie proceeded to update. We all know the routine after the update, comes the restore question I answered 'yes' finished. Went into gear manager (yes the watch did install) and selected Notification > More Notifications, and that where the program froze. after about 2min it came up with an informational prompt "Gear Manager isn't responding. Do you wish to close it?" elections were Wait and OK. choosing Wait gets a 2min wait time and then the same message, OK closes out the program and then restarts it.

I have,
set everything back to factory resulting in same result
reset the watch and the note 3 resulting in same result
uninstalled/reinstalled Gear Manager same result

any ideas or is there a way to roll-back to the previous version

thanks for reading :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts