Nexus 5 battery case

Search This thread

DroidDavi

Mar 29, 2010
Las Vegas
It took zero lemon months to get it out. I bought it and to be honest it wasnt a good product. I just carry a battery back in my bag when i know i will be gone for a while.

catpunt

Apr 25, 2006
I emailed ZeroLemon about a Nexus 5 case, mentioning the back was fairly easily removable and whether they would be making one for the Nexus 5 and here's what they said:

This case will be out in mid January due to holiday season and project lineup with our other products.

I'd only be interested if it were a replacement battery and back as opposed to a "charging case"

Reactions: vHidden

Soldier 2.0

Nov 6, 2012
www.youtube.com
I emailed ZeroLemon about a Nexus 5 case, mentioning the back was fairly easily removable and whether they would be making one for the Nexus 5 and here's what they said:

I'd only be interested if it were a replacement battery and back as opposed to a "charging case"

I wouldn't trust them. They promised one for the Galaxy nexus from the Playstore and they never released it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

duckied

Apr 5, 2010
Chi-Town
I also email zerolemon and they told me the same thing. I'm very interested in what they can come up with.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jkcarp94

Not necessarily a case, but it can work with or without a case... http://www.power-skin.com/popn/samsung-battery-charger.php

I haven't used any of PowerSkin's products, but I ordered it so I'll experiment and see how it is.

(If anyone decides to buy it, this coupon gives $5 off.)
Coupon: RMENOT12

Now that is very interesting. I wonder if it covers the camera? With the sale and the coupon that might just be worth it to get me through the few circumstances were I wouldn't have access to a charger. The thing that I like about this option is that I don't need to remove the existing case. Pretty cool idea.

koriflame

Sep 6, 2010
South Beloit IL
Actually, I am not sure that this will work after looking at it. The micro USB port is backwards on the Nexus 5 as compared to the Samsung devices. Does that case allow you to flip the USB port direction or is it fixed?

Well in any case, I can just mod or buy a usb cable.. thats really all that big gray thing seems to be. It's advertised Samsung, Motorola, Sony, and LG so... /shrug.

I can report after it arrives.

LOGMD

Jun 22, 2010
London
Not necessarily a case, but it can work with or without a case... http://www.power-skin.com/popn/samsung-battery-charger.php

I haven't used any of PowerSkin's products, but I ordered it so I'll experiment and see how it is.

(If anyone decides to buy it, this coupon gives $5 off.)
Coupon: RMENOT12

This looks promising however remember that the USB port on the nexus devices are upside down compared to Samsung galaxy etc... Also the docks are not compatible :(

jkcarp94

I contacted them about the orientation of the USB port and they advised me that I should order the HTC model. It should be here tomorrow and I will report back. Hopefully they can update their website to accurately reflect the Nexus 5 after I provide feedback to them. Thanks.

Reactions: benjdm

koriflame

Sep 6, 2010
South Beloit IL
Reactions: Omya and benjdm

jkcarp94

While I wait to see if any of the more traditional battery case vendors come out with a nexus 5 solution, I decided to buy this charger accessory in the meantime. My need for something like this is not a daily driver. It is very specific days like traveling all day in airports or an extremely long day of kids activities where I know I will not have access to a charger. I do own one of the battery backup chargers but there are some instances where that is a pain to carry outside of a bag and still have frequent access to your phone. This PowerSkin solution seemed like the best option at this point for my needs. I've received the product this morning and so far I am pleased.

They sell two different microUSB models of this accessory with the only difference being the orientation of the micro USB connector. Note that the Nexus 5 does not have a USB port oriented in the way that other LG phones do so it is actually the HTC version of this product that has the correct orientation and not the LG model. However, it turns out that this does not matter at all if you have even the thinnest case on your Nexus 5. The default tip that comes with this case is not deep enough to penetrate through even the thinnest case and make appropriate contact in the Nexus 5 USB port. You need to have an accessory flex cable in order to use this accessory on your Nexus 5. The model number for that flex cable is PN09 and you have to request it from customer service. It is kind of a pain but it is the only thing available on the market at this point. You have to disconnect the plug that comes with this charger and connect the flex cable instead. The battery is 2000 mah so it should give us a little less than twice our battery capacity on the Nexus 5.

This is a very nice looking accessory with a glossy black finish that is entirely one piece and very smooth. There is a on off button and for LED light that give you an indication of battery capacity. It is charged using a micro USB port on the side of the battery from any standard USB charger.

Photos:

renamaza.jpg

enu2aqyj.jpg

myreduvu.jpg

uvy9u5ej.jpg

ebamujy5.jpg

5pB0EWoMUGYv

Dec 19, 2010
Thanks and follow-up questions:

Thanks a bunch for taking pictures. I have the same case and have a few questions:

1) I if you were to cut the rubber at the bottom of your case, do you think you'd be able to make the stock connector fit?
2) do the suction cups work well against both the phone and the case?

While I wait to see if any of the more traditional battery case vendors come out with a nexus 5 solution, I decided to buy this charger accessory in the meantime. My need for something like this is not a daily driver. It is very specific days like traveling all day in airports or an extremely long day of kids activities where I know I will not have access to a charger. I do own one of the battery backup chargers but there are some instances where that is a pain to carry outside of a bag and still have frequent access to your phone. This PowerSkin solution seemed like the best option at this point for my needs. I've received the product this morning and so far I am pleased.

They sell two different microUSB models of this accessory with the only difference being the orientation of the micro USB connector. Note that the Nexus 5 does not have a USB port oriented in the way that other LG phones do so it is actually the HTC version of this product that has the correct orientation and not the LG model. However, it turns out that this does not matter at all if you have even the thinnest case on your Nexus 5. The default tip that comes with this case is not deep enough to penetrate through even the thinnest case and make appropriate contact in the Nexus 5 USB port. You need to have an accessory flex cable in order to use this accessory on your Nexus 5. The model number for that flex cable is PN09 and you have to request it from customer service. It is kind of a pain but it is the only thing available on the market at this point. You have to disconnect the plug that comes with this charger and connect the flex cable instead. The battery is 2000 mah so it should give us a little less than twice our battery capacity on the Nexus 5.

This is a very nice looking accessory with a glossy black finish that is entirely one piece and very smooth. There is a on off button and for LED light that give you an indication of battery capacity. It is charged using a micro USB port on the side of the battery from any standard USB charger.

Jimmy2u

Sep 26, 2013
California
If somebody has received this battery case then please do post the pics of the case with the phone...I just want to see how that looks with the phone...dont want a bulky one...

jkcarp94

This looks pretty good, anyone know if this company is interested in making a case for the nexus 5?

http://www.mophie.com/shop/smartphones/juice-pack-htc-one

Also everyone should go checkout this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542589

Mophie makes good stuff. I haven't been impressed with then lately though and don't hold out any hope for the Nexus 5. Their official word still is that they "don't know" of their iPhone 5 case is compatible with the iPhone 5s. I've had to look elsewhere for my son's phone. It is long past time for them to take a position on the 5s.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Photos:

renamaza.jpg

enu2aqyj.jpg

myreduvu.jpg

uvy9u5ej.jpg

ebamujy5.jpg
    You can watch zerolemon, they did one for the n4.

http://www.zerolemon.com/details.ph...r-battery-case-2250mah-removable-battery-pack

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Could you give us some pictures or video of the Pop'n on the Nexus? TIA.

I already did in this thread. Just go back a few pages.
    This looks promising however remember that the USB port on the nexus devices are upside down compared to Samsung galaxy etc... Also the docks are not compatible :(

I had them change the order to the HTC Pop'n which is the same thing, just with the USB facing the right way for the nexus. :)
    http://www.power-skin.com/popn/htc-battery-charger.php

LimeFuel - Google Nexus 5 Battery Case, ETA 01-17-2014 (2860mAh)

Embedded video isn't working, link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbMHtQqIThI