[Update] Earpiece and voicecall quality

Earpiece and voicecall quality, how do you find it ?

• No question, one of the best thing I've ever had.

Votes: 59 26.0%
  • hmm, not bad but could be better nah ?

Votes: 104 45.8%
  • Are you serious !? This is one of the worst crappy earpiece made ever, It is useless !!!

Votes: 57 25.1%
  • Who care, I don't really pay attention...

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Xeon

Nov 15, 2004
Beirut
HTC Leo
Sony Xperia Z
How do you find the Earpiece sound quality and voicecall performance compared to previous owned phones?

I think too many people where unhappy with the device because of the phone performance in general. I can't understand how such basic features where not treated as top priority specs.

It's " Who cares " typo sorry, not possible to edit the poll.

EDIT: FLashed Radio 2.06 and voicecall quality is better but STILL CRACKLES

Last edited:

DAMIEN123_666

Mar 6, 2009
i find the sound quality is weird with this phone i.e.

rear speaker = loud but tinny, and seems that anymore than 70% volume and the software overpowers the actual speaker and causes distortion

headphones = ok sound quality very vocal friendly, quite nice for ambient vocal tracks, soft and fluff sound, i used shure se310 headphones so some of the best around

call earphone = very bad, even with the volume very low it still distorts when people talk, im not sure why this is and i thought it was a damaged speaker but its as if the sound is to harsh with the high feq.... so only call or accept calls from people with deep voices lol ;)

sunking101

Nov 25, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
It isn't necessarily the ear piece that's the problem, it's the VOLUME being pumped through it. The volume on my HD2 is ridiculously loud so I'm not surprised that my speaker is popping and distorting!

tripleA

Mar 9, 2006
i went with the "it could be better" option

i always find myself switching to the speaker, then going back (repaeat cycle over and over with each call :p just trying to find an easy way to make out what people are saying.
a couple of mods would ultimately fix it, but im happy that the speaker is loud. Which kinda means its got the Umpgh :)

i use the headphines for music, i switched into an inear buds. it really makes a difference

Last edited:

sunking101

Nov 25, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
i went with the "it could be better" option

i always find myself switching to the speaker, then going back (repaeat cycle over and over with each call :p just trying to find an easy way to make out what people are saying.

a couple of mods would ultimately fix it, but im happy that the speaker is loud. Which kinda means its got the Umpgh :)

Yes but it's TOO LOUD. I wouldn't mind if it went loud but I also want it to go quiet too, it's way too loud at the lowest volume setting. I can't use the speakerphone at all, it is destroying itself with distortion. I actually can't use the earpiece close to my ear either, due to criminally high volume. I use the earphone as a speakerphone - I kid you not. I don't know if it's just certain batches but my HD2 would be suitable for almost-deaf people.

Xeon

Nov 15, 2004
Beirut
HTC Leo
Sony Xperia Z
Actually the keypad tones also are WAY TOO LOUD! I was in a meeting and it was like everyone was trying to find out where the was sound coming from... I had to turn it off.. a shame..

robertlewisca

Sep 28, 2007
California
In terms of HTC phones, I've had the Kaiser and Raphael before the HD2, and I must say that the call quality on the HD2 is the best of the three! This wold be both through the speaker on the back (speaker phone) and through the earpiece.

I agree that the initial volume was way too loud, however there is a tweak somewhere on the board where you edit a registry entry for initial call volume, and that helped tremendously. So I'm actually quite pleased.

Bouloama

May 20, 2007
People who made the HD2 @ HTC Tech.. were a little bit deaf I think..

Bad speaker quality because of distortion and popping

spastik

Nov 17, 2009
Porto
voicecall is pretty bad because of the random noise similar to radio static. This nosie is particularly noticed when no one is speaking.

aussiebum

Dec 5, 2008
voicecall is pretty bad because of the random noise similar to radio static. This nosie is particularly noticed when no one is speaking.

have had the phone for only about a week but no issues with random noise. I do find that the loudspeaker distorts @ max volume, but just one notch below that and it's ok.

think the Touch HD has better earpiece / loudspeaker, but the HD2 can output higher volume on loudspeaker compared to the HD, so that's a plus.

maybe it's an issue with your phone operator?

Fatherboard

Nov 9, 2009
For people who experience the background noise - Have you tried (if possible) both GSM and UMTS/HSPA (3G)?...

Xeon

Nov 15, 2004
Beirut
HTC Leo
Sony Xperia Z
What tweaks worked for you guys to eliminate the distortion? when I lower the volume I keep hearing like a popping sound and cracks even with the headset.

Any idea? thanks.

spastik

Nov 17, 2009
Porto
have had the phone for only about a week but no issues with random noise. I do find that the loudspeaker distorts @ max volume, but just one notch below that and it's ok.

think the Touch HD has better earpiece / loudspeaker, but the HD2 can output higher volume on loudspeaker compared to the HD, so that's a plus.

maybe it's an issue with your phone operator?

I doubt that this is an operator related problem since my previous phone worked OK with this sim card.

For people who experience the background noise - Have you tried (if possible) both GSM and UMTS/HSPA (3G)?...

Currently I'm only using GSM network but I will try making phone calls using UMTS. Don't think that will solve this problem though.

About tweaks I haven't tried any because all tweaks I saw were related to the distortion due to extremely high volume (which is not my case).